What is the biggest social problem in American society?

it's the union-leftist monopoly of education that makes the system suffer.

each state has thousands of teachers it pays to do nearly nothing b/c it's cheaper to keep them than fight the union, and since the other teachers know this, discipline falls into the ditch
Teachers unionize for a reason.. Don't feed me the hogwash about the "leftist" monopoly of education.

If I had to guess, the biggest issue in America is the fact we can't get along. No really. This board is a microcosm of how people are so deeply divided by politics. Why do we call ourselves "The United States of America" anyway? We sure as hell aren't united.

Teachers unionize for a reason

Why? For the children? Were you not paying attention to Wisconsin?
You clearly know nothing about unions. Yes, I know how collective bargaining was crushed in wisconsin and how the moronic idiot over there fucked up the state.

LOL!!!!!

Yeah I do. They have nobody's interests at heart except for their own. They are bullies and malcontents. Not all unions mind you, but the teachers in Wisconsin? They walked out on the children, of whom's parents were paying money to have educate, in order to storm the state capitol building demanding raises and such.

Teachers unionize for a reason

Why? For the children? Were you not paying attention to Wisconsin?
You clearly know nothing about unions. Yes, I know how collective bargaining was crushed in wisconsin and how the moronic idiot over there fucked up the state.

LOL!!!!!

Yeah I do. They have nobody's interests at heart except for their own. They are bullies and malcontents. Not all unions mind you, but the teachers in Wisconsin? They walked out on the children, of whom's parents were paying money to have educate, in order to storm the state capitol building demanding raises and such.
I ask you to learn about the struggle workers faced to unionize and earn basic rights. They are bullies? They deserved higher wages, much like most workers in this backwards country.

I ask you to learn about the struggle workers faced to unionize and earn basic rights. They are bullies? They deserved higher wages, much like most workers in this backwards country.

Interesting. "Earn basic rights?" When your teacher's union is demanding their "basic rights" they are depriving children of their "basic right" to an education. Most of us would define that as selfishness.

Interesting. "Earn basic rights?" When your teacher's union is demanding their "basic rights" they are depriving children of their "basic right" to an education. Most of us would define that as selfishness.
You do realize how hard people fought for the now disappearing 40 hour work week? Basic safety laws? Livable wages? Breaks? They are simply demanding a higher wage/benefits, like most teachers, they are not paid well at all. Oh god, "selfishness." Keep attacking unionized workers, it's all your good for.

You do realize how hard people fought for the now disappearing 40 hour work week? Basic safety laws? Livable wages? Breaks?

Do you realize how many parents have to struggle to come up with the money to give their children an education? I speak from experience, my grandmother had to work four jobs to keep me in school.

When you make nearly 55-60k a year as a teacher, that pretty much is beyond just a living wage.

Oh god, "selfishness." Keep attacking unionized workers, it's all your good for

You prove right here and now you don't care about the children either. No really, you don't. Union rights are more important that giving children the education they deserve. And people wonder why our education system sucks?

You do realize how hard people fought for the now disappearing 40 hour work week? Basic safety laws? Livable wages? Breaks?

Do you realize how many parents have to struggle to come up with the money to give their children an education? I speak from experience, my grandmother had to work four jobs to keep me in school.

When you make nearly 55-60k a year as a teacher, that pretty much is beyond just a living wage.

Oh god, "selfishness." Keep attacking unionized workers, it's all your good for

You prove right here and now you don't care about the children either. No really, you don't. Union rights are more important that giving children the education they deserve. And people wonder why our education system sucks?
I'm pretty sure public education is virtually free, unless your one of the idiots who wants it to be privatized. Teachers can unionize and care about children at the same time, what, should they never be allowed to hold a gathering at all?

I'm pretty sure public education is virtually free, unless your one of the idiots who wants it to be privatized.

I'm pretty sure my grandmother paid to have me educated.

Teachers can unionize and care about children at the same time,

Really now? Wisconsin begs to differ. And yeah, I'll keep citing Wisconsin as a prime example of how wrong you are.

Poverty is always the number one social problem because it is the root of a bunch of other problems.

Democrats are the primary cause of poverty, along with every other social problem that is humanely solvable.
^ This is what passes for discourse in the modern GOP.

It's sad, but that's the simple truth.

You can't be simple. The issues facing us are growing more and more complex. We can't deal with simple truths. We have to work with convoluted and jacked up reality. We can't ignore reality in order to make things simple.

Democrat bad Republican good

That's caveman talk and creates more problems than it solves.

I say, "Hell no" to your simple truths.

There is a disgust for patriotism that is keeping the average person from enjoying our lives.

I would like to see more confidence in our government. They are doing an awesome job but everybody feels like it is irresponsible to admit that out loud.

Hating our country and its government has become a virtue. That has to have negative repercussions somewhere down the road. It can't be a good thing.

The lack of patriotism is the most important social issue.

Lack of education is and has always been the greatest bain of any society. There is an inverse proportion of how successfully the elite take advantage of the masses, and how much or how little those masses are educated.

The more people are educated, and that has to include college, the less control and usery takes place against the average person.

This is also why whenever a 'dictator' type gains power they almost always start killing teachers, professors, and college graduates in a country. Those are the greatest threats to power there are.

Ignorance is the greatest ally of the brute.

That theory might hold for people graduating college 30 or more years ago, not so much today. We've had a butt load of over educated idiots coming out college since then.

You do realize how hard people fought for the now disappearing 40 hour work week? Basic safety laws? Livable wages? Breaks? They are simply demanding a higher wage/benefits, like most teachers, they are not paid well at all. Oh god, "selfishness." Keep attacking unionized workers, it's all your good for.

Can you describe the disappearance of a 40 hour work week? If it is disappearing then it is getting shorter. A 27 hour work week is more common than a 48 hour work week.

Can you describe the disappearance of a 40 hour work week? If it is disappearing then it is getting shorter. A 27 hour work week is more common than a 48 hour work week.
The growth of part time jobs which give employers a way to not provide benefits, the shrinking of "40 hour" jobs, the growth of longer hours for those already full time..

it's the union-leftist monopoly of education that makes the system suffer.

each state has thousands of teachers it pays to do nearly nothing b/c it's cheaper to keep them than fight the union, and since the other teachers know this, discipline falls into the ditch
Teachers unionize for a reason.. Don't feed me the hogwash about the "leftist" monopoly of education.
plz link the public school that is not union
plz link the teachers union that has not given money to a dem pol

when you fail, stfu, since I know you can't man up and admit your mistake

Forum List

Back