What is the best sport?

Thunderbird

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
The best sport most closely mimics what the human body was designed for. The human (especially male) body was designed for hunting and war in small groups. Spears were used and a lot of running was involved.

So which sport best fits these criteria? Soccer? Tennis? Lacrosse? Field hockey? Track and field?

What is the best sport?
That depends:
  • If one is of a mind to make a living sports player, it's the one with which one is most adept.
  • If one aims to obtain only entertainment, it's the one that most holds one's attention.
  • In all other situations, there's probably no best sport.

The best sport most closely mimics what the human body was designed for. The human (especially male) body was designed for hunting and war in small groups. Spears were used and a lot of running was involved.

So which sport best fits these criteria? Soccer? Tennis? Lacrosse? Field hockey? Track and field?
I would guess lacrosse or track and field, and of the two, track and field.

I have said it many times. If you can play basketball well you can do any other sport in the world. You cant say the same thing about other sports. No other sport incorporates the amount of skills that basketball does.

Golf.

You can play golf well into your senior years. Golf course provide fresh air, sunshine and beautiful surroundings. No one suffers concussions from golf. There are rarely torn ACLs in golf.

Golf is the only game in which you can penalize yourself. There is a specific etiquette in golf. You can smoke and have a beer while you play it. And golf courses traditionally have great restaurants on the premises.

Golf.

You can play golf well into your senior years. Golf course provide fresh air, sunshine and beautiful surroundings. No one suffers concussions from golf. There are rarely torn ACLs in golf.

Golf is the only game in which you can penalize yourself. There is a specific etiquette in golf. You can smoke and have a beer while you play it. And golf courses traditionally have great restaurants on the premises.
That doesnt fit what the OP is trying to determine.

Golf.

That doesnt fit what the OP is trying to determine.
Ask any Scot. They will tell you that the human body was designed to wallop a wee ball into a wee cup. Then enjoy a wee dram o' single malt.

Of course I'm biased...

diving-exit.jpg

But I've participated in a few sports.

New Topics

Forum List

Back