What is the best sport?

The best sport most closely mimics what the human body was designed for. The human (especially male) body was designed for hunting and war in small groups. Spears were used and a lot of running was involved. So which sport best fits these criteria? Soccer? Tennis? Lacrosse? Field hockey? Track and field?
Baseball, there's room for just about any body type.
There's even a place for washed up football players.

Mets GM Sandy Alderson Predicts Tim Tebow 'Will Play in the Major Leagues'

Regarding sports that prize massive muscles, does fighting and hunting with spears require all that muscle?
Its not required but it certainly helps as a tie breaker.
Does a guy like Schwarzenegger have the ideal body type for fighting and hunting with spears? Could Arnold run a marathon? Zulu warriors, to take one example, had to run 40 or 50 miles per day barefoot.

Native American warrior from Brazil
8365ba36083f5ed50d3fb8a056a03fcf.jpg

African warriors
Bundesarchiv_Bild_105-DOA0043%2C_Deutsch-Ostafrika%2C_Einheimische_Bevölkerung.jpg

These guys are strong but not built up like a NFL linebacker. That kind of muscle development is unnatural and usually requires steroids.

Last edited:
Why do they always claim wrestling started in Greece? Ancient Egyptians and Nubians practiced the sport long before Greece. Matter of fact every single African civilization, tribe, etc has a form of wrestling passed down through antiquity.
I’m Greek. We invented everything. Did you know Greeks invented sex? But it was the Africans who introduced it to women.

The "best" sport requires a combination of strength, agility, hand-eye coordination, and intelligence. Individual sports must be distinguished from team sports.

Best individual sport: tennis.

Best team sport: Basketball.

Note: "Dunking" a basketball is an abomination and should be rendered impossible by adopting higher baskets.

Soccer is a stupid sport because it fails to allow the use of hands - except incidentally.

There are very few actual "sports" in evidence at the Winter Olympics. Sliding down a snowy hill on wooden planks is not a sport.

Regarding sports that prize massive muscles, does fighting and hunting with spears require all that muscle?
Does a guy like Schwarzenegger have the ideal body type for fighting and hunting with spears? Could Arnold run a marathon? Zulu warriors, to take one example, had to run 40 or 50 miles per day barefoot.

African warriors
Bundesarchiv_Bild_105-DOA0043%2C_Deutsch-Ostafrika%2C_Einheimische_Bevölkerung.jpg

These guys are strong but not built up like a NFL linebacker. That kind of muscle development is unnatural and usually requires steroids.
I guarantee you that if there was say a Zulu warrior built like Arnold he would be able to do everything these guys could do. Youre talking about a skill. Thats not necessarily hampered by muscle development. Some people naturally get big very easily. The males in my family cant lift weights that much because we get freakishly big in a short time.

The "best" sport requires a combination of strength, agility, hand-eye coordination, and intelligence. Individual sports must be distinguished from team sports.

Best individual sport: tennis.

Best team sport: Basketball.

Note: "Dunking" a basketball is an abomination and should be rendered impossible by adopting higher baskets.

Soccer is a stupid sport because it fails to allow the use of hands - except incidentally.

There are very few actual "sports" in evidence at the Winter Olympics. Sliding down a snowy hill on wooden planks is not a sport.
Why is dunking an abomination and exactly how high would you plan on raising the baskets? You do realize there are people that arent even in the NBA that can dunk on a 13 foot rim?

African warriors

I guarantee you that if there was say a Zulu warrior built like Arnold he would be able to do everything these guys could do. Youre talking about a skill. Thats not necessarily hampered by muscle development. Some people naturally get big very easily. The males in my family cant lift weights that much because we get freakishly big in a short time.

....rolleyes:

African warriors

....rolleyes:
I didnt mean to turn you on. My bad but I am not gay. Dont coquettishly roll your eyes at me again.

Dunking a basketball requires no skill whatsoever. It is pure exhibitionism and detracts from the sport. scoring a basket should require some skill.

The best sport most closely mimics what the human body was designed for. The human (especially male) body was designed for hunting and war in small groups. Spears were used and a lot of running was involved.

So which sport best fits these criteria? Soccer? Tennis? Lacrosse? Field hockey? Track and field?

Women's beach volleyball.

Why?

a) I like the game and
b) Buff Women in bikini's sweating on a beach.

Best bar sport there is.

Dunking a basketball requires no skill whatsoever. It is pure exhibitionism and detracts from the sport. scoring a basket should require some skill.
You must be one of those guys that cant dunk then. You do realize they have dunking contests which determine the dunk with the highest skill level? Weird that something you claim detracts from the sport is one of the most requested attractions at the all star event.

Last edited:

African warriors

I guarantee you that if there was say a Zulu warrior built like Arnold
If such men were really assets to their tribes, their tribes would prosper and we would see a lot more of these super muscular guys. Such men, however, can’t run long distances and require too much protein.

African warriors

I guarantee you that if there was say a Zulu warrior built like Arnold
If such men were really assets to their tribes, their tribes would prosper and we would see a lot more of these super muscular guys. Such men, however, can’t run long distances and require too much protein.
You dont see these super muscular guys because most tribes dont have weight training facilities in their villages. You do realize Arnold was not naturally that big right? He took steroids and lifted weights.

Forum List

Back