What is the background to your username?

The day I joined USMB I'd spent the day outside at home lugging compost and spreading it around. I'm a simple gal.

Ah well there's more than enough compost spread around USMB on a daily basis............

The day I joined USMB I'd spent the day outside at home lugging compost and spreading it around. I'm a simple gal.

Ah well there's more than enough compost spread around USMB on a daily basis............
Uh huh. Pogo was a funny comic strip. You don't live up to the name...at all.

I rarely go into the dialect, this is true. I find it humorous but kinda limiting.

PLATO (computer system) - Wikipedia

When I was an early teen in 1975, my big brother was a computer science graduate from Stanford University, and he got me onto the first online community called PLATO at a lab on campus. I called myself quickhit and played a game I loved called Moon Wars. You would fire at your opponent by typing in an angle. The shot would bounce off the sides of the screen also or be absorbed by the moons. Some of them killed you right away, and we wondered if they were using a protractor.

In 2007, I wanted to join a forum dedicated to bringing back the PLATO community, and I joined as quickhit, but they gave me the name QuickHitGondolin. That didn't work out, but I did use the name QHG on another forum. When that forum was dying, I joined another one and changed it to QuickHitCurepon.

Manure.
I've met men from Texas. You sir, are no Texan.
Sari you are sarong.
Ah. You are man from sarang. Yeah. Not a man from Texas.
Oh, if you can't play then hush!
Oh. You're losing this game so you wanna play another.

I have been using it since the early 90's.
People almost always think it means "I am what I seem" to YOU from reading my responses.
But it doesn't.

I been thinking about messaging the doc about changing my user name. Can anyone suggest one for me?

gt.................grand tourer
message-editor-2018-ford-mustang-performance-pack-level-2-3-cropped.jpg

op...........over proof
klein-duimpje-blauwe-tram-op-cognac-33cl.jpg

A1...................of course I'm A1!!!
A1.jpg

My first was a number by accident...lasted about a week. I've used this ever since......about fifteen years.

Greg

Forum List

Back