What is the background to your username?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
My name is taken from a movie called my name is trinity. Mortimer is a gunslinger who gets badly owned by Terence Hill (the Deputy Sheriff). A spaghetti western.

IMG_2008.JPG

because i have fun coming thru the door of this internet crazy land & for me it's certainly playtime....

Im from TN and i have a harley
I am sure that was hard to guess.

I joined this board with another username. I had a serious computer crash. When I got up and running again I logged in with my username and password. Instead of coming up with my username, it popped up with this one and I kept it.

Pogo is the title and central character of a long-running daily American comic strip, created by cartoonist Walt Kelly (1913–1973) and distributed by the Post-Hall Syndicate. Set in the Okefenokee Swamp of the southeastern United States, the strip often engaged in social and political satire through the adventures of its anthropomorphic funny animal characters.

Pogo Possum: An amiable, humble, philosophical, personable, everyman opossum. Kelly described Pogo as "the reasonable, patient, softhearted, naive, friendly person we all think we are" in a 1969 TV Guide interview.[5] The wisest (and probably sanest) resident of the swamp, he is one of the few major characters with sense enough to avoid trouble.

. .. His kitchen is well-known around the swamp for being fully stocked, and many characters impose upon him for meals, taking advantage of his generous nature. His full name is Ponce de Leon Montgomery County Alabama Georgia Beauregard Possum —a parody of the blueblood aristocracy of the Old South. (Wiki)

Pogo_-_Earth_Day_1971_poster.jpg

Pogo combined both sophisticated wit and slapstick physical comedy in a heady mix of allegory, Irish poetry, literary whimsy, puns and wordplay, lushly detailed artwork and broad burlesque humor.

Dalia

The day I joined USMB I'd spent the day outside at home lugging compost and spreading it around. I'm a simple gal.

Forum List

Back