What Is Salvation?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Ephesians 2: 8 "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."

So God’s plan of salvation is simple. But unprincipled men want to make it complicated so they can gain the world’s admiration for “explaining the deep things of God.” In reality, they are attempting to establish a following of people who will worship and financially support them.

There is only one instance in the Bible where someone asks this exact question: “What Must I Do To Be Saved?”

It is found in Acts 16:30. The question was asked of the Apostle Paul and Silas, by the keeper of the prison, sometimes referred to as the Philippian jailer. Their response was simple and to the point. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, and your family.”

What? No list of do’s and don’ts? No good deeds to earn my way?
No. Salvation is a gift. A priceless gift, that no one can be good enough to merit.

This is God’s only stipulation; you must come to Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.

But even though God offers you salvation as a free gift… it will cost you everything! You exchange your old life… for His new life. You give Him your heart… and He gives you His heart. That is the Great Exchange. Your sin… for His righteousness!

This does not mean you become perfect. It means that God see's you through Jesus. All your sins are forgiven, past, present and future.

Jesus' death on the cross meant we are no longer under the old testament law.
We have an "out" card, Jesus died for us as the sacrifice for these sins. Our acknowledgement of this and acceptance of it saves us as we agree to let God's spirit live in us.

So, since all your sins are forgiven past, present and future once you accept Christ as Lord of your life and the sacrifice for your sins, there is no more need to ask for forgiveness (think "confessionals") - it is finished! You are totally forgiven for everything!

Ephesians 2: 8 "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

So God’s plan of salvation is simple. But unprincipled men want to make it complicated so they can gain the world’s admiration for “explaining the deep things of God.” In reality, they are attempting to establish a following of people who will worship and financially support them.
Sounds like Ted Cruz.

I love the Book of Romans. To my own mind, the Book of Romans could stand alone as the Salvation book. It defines the sin state of man, what Christ did to release man from his sin state, and how we become a new person in Christ. If one really reads Romans and does not get the sum of it all, then one is daft.

Sounds like Ted Cruz.

Which part? I didn't listen much to Ted Cruz. But God's plan for us is what it is, no matter who says it.
There is nothing wrong with wanting financial support to spread God's word. In my opinion, your largest amount of $ should to toward Evangelism and Outreach.

So, since all your sins are forgiven past, present and future once you accept Christ as Lord of your life and the sacrifice for your sins, there is no more need to ask for forgiveness (think "confessionals") - it is finished! You are totally forgiven for everything!
I have always asked for forgiveness in my prayers..guess it's "insurance..."

Thank you for posting your inspiring words and reminding us of the greatest LOVE of all, God giving us Jesus and HE in turn sacrificed his earthly life for our souls. Whatever greatest gift could be given?

I love the Book of Romans. To my own mind, the Book of Romans could stand alone as the Salvation book. It defines the sin state of man, what Christ did to release man from his sin state, and how we become a new person in Christ. If one really reads Romans and does not get the sum of it all, then one is daft.

Unfortunately, most hear about the salvation plan through men. You can't be saved, however, unless it's by scripture and the drawing of God. Everyone will have that opportunity. They can hear scripture from man, but, unfortunately there are many men and women teaching people wrongly

I have always asked for forgiveness in my prayers..guess it's "insurance..."

Thank you for posting your inspiring words and reminding us of the greatest LOVE of all, God giving us Jesus and HE in turn sacrificed his earthly life for our souls. Whatever greatest gift could be given?

What I do is ask for God to give me strength - so that I can be a better ambassador for Him. I know he see's me through the blood of Jesus and I'm forgiven, so, when I fail, I just ask for the Holy Spirit to burst through and take over to help me out! :)

The Bible is clear, and it is consistent: one person cannot die for the sins of another. In other words, the sins committed by one person cannot be wiped out by the punishment given to another. In Exodus 32:30-35, Moses asks Gd to punish him for the sin committed by the people in regards to the Golden Calf. Gd tells Moses that the person who committed the sin is the one who must receive the punishment. Then, in Deuteronomy 24:16, Gd simply states this as a basic principle, 'Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.' This concept is repeated in the Prophets, in Ezekiel 18: 'The soul that sinneth, it shall die... the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.' The prophet Jeremiah looks to the day when the mistaken belief that one man's death atones for another man's sins shall no longer be held by anyone: in Jeremiah 31:29-30, the prophet says: 'In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.'

What Jews Believe: Essay #1: No Vicarious Atonement

Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin. (Deuteronomy 24:16, NIV)

The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him. (Ezekiel 18:20, NIV)

Therefore, Christians wrong to say that Jesus died for our sins

Unfortunately, most hear about the salvation plan through men. You can't be saved, however, unless it's by scripture and the drawing of God.
Well, it's been argued for over 2,000 years now so it isn't that simple. You are saved by faith but without good works your faith is dead.

Unfortunately, most hear about the salvation plan through men. You can't be saved, however, unless it's by scripture and the drawing of God.
Well, it's been argued for over 2,000 years now so it isn't that simple. You are saved by faith but without good works your faith is dead.

If you are saved, you will do good works. You're not saved if there is no change.

The Bible is clear, and it is consistent: one person cannot die for the sins of another. In other words, the sins committed by one person cannot be wiped out by the punishment given to another. In Exodus 32:30-35, Moses asks Gd to punish him for the sin committed by the people in regards to the Golden Calf. Gd tells Moses that the person who committed the sin is the one who must receive the punishment. Then, in Deuteronomy 24:16, Gd simply states this as a basic principle, 'Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.' This concept is repeated in the Prophets, in Ezekiel 18: 'The soul that sinneth, it shall die... the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.' The prophet Jeremiah looks to the day when the mistaken belief that one man's death atones for another man's sins shall no longer be held by anyone: in Jeremiah 31:29-30, the prophet says: 'In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.'

Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin. (Deuteronomy 24:16, NIV)

The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him. (Ezekiel 18:20, NIV)

Jesus is not "any man" - Jesus is God. Part of the Trinity (not specified as such by the actual word Trinity) but God is defined as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God in the form of Man took away our sins, because, he was the ONLY one who could because he is perfect.

Guno suddenly becomes the Jew he openly despises! Who said God doesn't work miracles!

• Messiah was to be born at Bethlehem: Micah 5:2 (Micah 5:1in Hebrew Bible)
  • Messiah would be from the tribe of Judah: Genesis 49:10
  • Messiah would present himself by riding on an ass:Zechariah 9:9
  • Messiah would be tortured to death: Psalm 22:1-31
  • Messiah would arrive before the destruction of the Second Temple: Daniel 9:24-27
  • Messiah's life would match a particular description, including suffering, silence at his arrest and trial, death and burial in a rich man's tomb, and resurrection: Isaiah 52:13-53:12
Fact remains, Jesus has transformed billions of lives for the better.

the goyim of that time were totally ignorant of torah, so when in 325 ce when yeshu was name a god man the goy ate it up since the story was just like their pagan beliefs of gods impregnating humans, rising from the dead savior of the world etc, The torah speak of the messiah as a human without any supernatural abilities an nowhere about a failed god man who has to come back , they even misuse Isaiah 53 which is a Hebrew text and has nothing to do with the goyim
Isaiah 53: The Suffering Servant
Cutting through the distortions and mistranslations of this enigmatic tex

Isaiah 53: The Suffering Servant

One of the first things Jesus taught when he began his ministry was:

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

He didn't teach that we should repent after we have been saved but that by repenting you can obtain the forgiveness of God through the atonement of Jesus Christ that will allow you to gain entrance into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

A very misunderstood verse in the Bible is:

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is true that our works do not save us. But this does not mean that Jesus does not require a work at our hand. Verse eight tells us that we are saved by the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. It is only in and through His grace that we are saved. But the verse also mentions that we must receive this grace through faith if we are to be saved. The Apostle James tells us that works are a part of faith:

James 2:14-24
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Faith without works is dead says the Apostle of Jesus Christ. A true faith includes good works. Jesus requires that through faith we can receive the mercy. It isn't the works that save us. We could do all things in faith with all manner of good works and it would avail us nothing without the mercy of Jesus Christ. Thus we become unprofitable servants. The works don't save us but they are required of us. Thus verse 8 tells us that we are not saved by works and nobody can boast that they are saved by their works. Faith doesn't save us either even though it is through faith that we can obtain grace. The grace is the only thing that saves us. But this does not mean that God cannot require that we have faith which includes good works before he will grant his saving grace. Thus Matthew 7:21 above holds true that only he who does the will of our father in heaven will be saved into the kingdom of heaven.

For the very next verse in Ephesians says:

Ephesians 2:10
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We shall all receive the salvation of resurrection from the dead and become immortal whether we are just or unjust. This is a gift without requirements given by the Lord.

Acts 24:15
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Those who will inherit the kingdom of heaven will resurrect in the morning of the first resurrection or the resurrection of the just. Those who are unjust will resurrect in the second resurrection after the millennium.

Revelation 20:6
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

John 5:29
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

But to inherit the kingdom of heaven, a work is required of us. We must exercise faith unto repentance. Those who repent in this life and come unto Jesus will be saved in his kingdom. Those who reject him and continue in their wickedness will be sent to another kingdom. But there is hope for all of us. Jesus died that we might have the chance to repent of our sins and come unto him. So we should take heed to what he first began to teach:

Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

and to exercise faith unto repentance which includes doing good to your neighbor.

Last edited:

If you are saved, you will do good works. You're not saved if there is no change.
So salvation can be determined by physical means. That's not the orthodox view. The traditional view is that you are saved by faith and faith alone.

Forum List

Back