What is just punishment for rioting?

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
What is just punishment for rioting? By rioting I am thinking of a situation like the Rodney King riots where mobs are moving throughout communities stealing, robbing and killing. The ones that are later identified should be punished in what way or do you believe they should not be punished at all? What force should be used to stop a riot?

What is just punishment for rioting? By rioting I am thinking of a situation like the Rodney King riots where mobs are moving throughout communities stealing, robbing and killing. The ones that are later identified should be punished in what way or do you believe they should not be punished at all? What force should be used to stop a riot?
The rioters should be punished for assault, vandalism, disturbing the peace, etc. But they're not the only ones who should be punished. Those riots were a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

Those cops that beat Rodney King should have been sent to prison for 28 years to life. The fact that the brain-dead Simi Valley jury let them off, showed justice was not served.

Brooklyn NY Crown Heights riots went on for 3 days where the police were told pretty much to let them be.Until they killed a guy.That was frowned upon finally.

The rioters should be punished for assault, vandalism, disturbing the peace, etc. But they're not the only ones who should be punished. Those riots were a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

Those cops that beat Rodney King should have been sent to prison for 28 years to life. The fact that the brain-dead Simi Valley jury let them off, showed justice was not served.

Rodney King showed us what happen s when you're high on drugs and resist arrest. I support the police on this on if you didn't guess that already. :eusa_whistle:

Rioting. Hmm.

I've protested peacefully and then watched more than a few situations spiral out of control because of more than a few bad apples.

All of a sudden you're in a full blown riot when that was not part of your personal agenda.

(disclaimer: never ever over losing the Stanley Cup)

Perhaps if you had seen the entire video as I did you might not be so quick to attack the police. They were just in doing what they did but this thread is not about Rodney king but about what would be just punishment for rioting.

I feel all rioters should be punished for what happens during the riot. If this was done in a strict manner when things looked to be getting out of hand most would leave and go home. If you commit a robbery with a partner and he shoots and kills the clerk both are charged with that crime so the same should apply to the crime of rioting.

Police should not be pulled out when rioting is going on. They are hired to protect property and person therefore they should stay and do what is necessary to do such. They want to.

Perhaps if you had seen the entire video as I did you might not be so quick to attack the police. They were just in doing what they did but this thread is not about Rodney king but about what would be just punishment for rioting.
Doesn't matter. There is nothing that justify's a man being brutally beaten while a dozen cops just stand around and watch. Nothing could possibly justify that.

Rodney King showed us what happen s when you're high on drugs and resist arrest. I support the police on this on if you didn't guess that already. :eusa_whistle:

Actually..................he wasn't high on drugs, he was actually drunk.

Might wanna get your facts straight before spewing bullshit. You may be a NavyVet, but from your posts, you sound like you were a Marine.

Q: What do you call a Marine with half a brain?
A: Gifted.

Q: What do you call a Sailor with half a brain?
A: Marine.

Might wanna get your facts straight before spewing bullshit. You may be a NavyVet, but from your posts, you sound like you were a Marine.

Has the Marines and Navy called off their gay love affair as of yet?

Has the Marines and Navy called off their gay love affair as of yet?

Q: Why does the Navy allow Marines on their ships?
A: Sheep are too obvious.

(yeah.....................jokes I'd heard from when I was in.)

Forum List

Back