What is it like for you locally ?

We have our first Dem congressman ever, Andrew Cuomo looks like a good bet for 2016. None of the things you've heard about the Empire State are true, dupes. We're #1. Since Cal went Hispanic.

what have you got against Hispanics Frankie?......get to know them and hope they like you.....in ten years time they will be telling you how things are going to be.....watch all the white Democrats run from the Party.....VIVA!!!!......

Can I point something out, here, gang?

I'm hearing, "I love them both" and other platitudes and raves about your Congress-Critters and Sin-a-tors.

But ya know what?

They're the biggest part of what is wrong with our system of government, Republican and Democrat alike.

We all come here, on a daily basis, and bitch about this, that and the other about the *other* party.
But few want to admit that their own party is the problem.

I got news for ya.
THEY BOTH ARE THE PROBLEM.

Congressional approval ratings are 1% higher than kitten-strangings, and we're here saying that we're happy with OUR representatives??

WTF, people????
:eek:

I'm probably going to end up voting for Tim Mahoney over Tom Rooney (Google them and you'll see the stark difference) and you guys think everything's sunshine and fucking rainbows?????

All I can say is you deserve what you get.

Sorry
:cool:

most people are happy with their own representatives.

we're *unhappy* with everyone else's. just how it is.

and there lies the problem....."its your rep not mine that sucks"......so 90% of these assholes keep on getting re-elected.....

My old Congressman, a product of the Republican Revolution of '94, easily sewed up his primary this year and had a lock on the general. But he looked around, noticed his party has been hijacked by crazy people, and apparently couldn't stand the thought of two more years of this shit.

He'll be retiring rather than accepting a surefire 10th anointment to his seat.

what is going on in your state ?
eh... Most of the people in se iowa are pissed off at all the other retards in other states who still support the two party system. I would guess that it's the majority of the state but i can certainly say it's in se iowa.

i have always been against the two party system. It pits people against each other and causes people to be hateful. I am neither republican or democrat, i am an american. I don't vote for any party. I vote for the person himself, and what he can and will do for all of us and this country. I did not vote for obama and certainly will not in the next election. Obama is the biggest mistake this country ever made.

Locally people...locally.

Who here knows the name of their state senator, state member of the house, city councilman, reps to the local school districts.

Republicans: I'll be very disappointed if you can't reply.

Locally people...locally.

Who here knows the name of their state senator, state member of the house, city councilman, reps to the local school districts.

Republicans: I'll be very disappointed if you can't reply.

I know my ex city council woman sadly. She was also a builder and developer.
Tess

We used to do her houses. Talk about a prima Donna.

As far as national goes I'm not real happy with Blunt but I'm focusing all my attention on mcCaskil and Emanuel. Turk has run against Emanuel repeatedly and lost. This will be the last time I support Turk if he loses.

What's it like for me locally?
Well the mall parking lot is fairly full, but the other one closed down so about 50% I'd say.

My old Congressman, a product of the Republican Revolution of '94, easily sewed up his primary this year and had a lock on the general. But he looked around, noticed his party has been hijacked by crazy people, and apparently couldn't stand the thought of two more years of this shit.

He'll be retiring rather than accepting a surefire 10th anointment to his seat.

Some people cower when faced with having to pay the bills. Some repubs are no exception.

Barbara Lee, only bested by Maxine Waters for the distinction of Stooopidest Person in Congress.

But she doesn't speak for me.

Oh, come on. Nancy Pelosi is far more stupid.

you left out michele bachmann

Indeed I did! I actually meant to mention her too, but my computer crashed and I forgot by the time I rebooted. Bachmann and Pelosi are without a doubt the stupidest people in Congress. Perhaps from now on we should refer to them as the brain-dead twins.

Can anyone talk about their state representatives ?

I mean, this is almost weird.

I spent some time on our situation in Kansas.

Locally, I knew both my senator and house member. I even walked with them in 2010.

They were both redistricted out of my precinct and now I have two sets of newbies, one for senate, one for the house.

In each case one is a moderate....

The other is a conservative.....

They get lumped in with the others in the great struggle.

I also know several members of the City Council. I go to Council meetings sometimes and no one is there but developers.

Where are all the local government republicans ?

Locally, I knew both my senator and house member. I even walked with them in 2010.

They were both redistricted out of my precinct and now I have two sets of newbies, one for senate, one for the house.

I also know several members of the City Council. I go to Council meetings sometimes and no one is there but developers.

I can, I work in local politics. My assembly member was term-limited out, it's an open seat. I know the guy who's almost guaranteed to win, he's a good guy.

I can, I work in local politics. My assembly member was term-limited out, it's an open seat. I know the guy who's almost guaranteed to win, he's a good guy.

So, what are the big issues in your state.

Here in Kansas, the line is drawn over.....abortion...no.....

Education dollars. About 65% of the state budget is for education dollars. We have a big disparity between districts based on spending formulas and the locals can't contribute more than 25% of their allocation in additional funds.

Hence the local districts (Olathe, Blue Valley, Shawnee Mission) got cut way back (local taxes used to do a lot for the districts...can't now).

Conservatives want to get back to that local control (or so they say)....but as noted earlier....we don't get many conservatives on local boards.

Education dollars. About 65% of the state budget is for education dollars. We have a big disparity between districts based on spending formulas and the locals can't contribute more than 25% of their allocation in additional funds.

Hence the local districts (Olathe, Blue Valley, Shawnee Mission) got cut way back (local taxes used to do a lot for the districts...can't now).

Conservatives want to get back to that local control (or so they say)....but as noted earlier....we don't get many conservatives on local boards.

I currently live in San Francisco, so it's pretty safe to say the wedge issues are pretty different.

All the wedge issues here are pure nonsense.

At least when I lived in NY, people cared about real things, rather than city-mandated composting and banning happy meals and circumcision.

I currently live in San Francisco, so it's pretty safe to say the wedge issues are pretty different.

At least when I lived in NY, people cared about real things, rather than city-mandated composting and banning happy meals and circumcision.

CA has some pretty big money issues.

When we lived there, it was two states. The north and the south. And did they ever get after each other.

CA has some pretty big money issues.
Statewide? Sure.

Not so much in SF, though. I haven't really been involved in any state stuff, just moved here a year ago.
When we lived there, it was two states. The north and the south. And did they ever get after each other.
I get that impression. I imagine I'll end up working on some state-wide campaign soon enough, and experience it for myself, but so far I've only worked on city-wide stuff.

And of course I know who my local guys are. It's not like I'm a Tennessee democrat that would vote for someone because their name was first on the list. :)

I met our state representative a few years ago when he was first running for the seat. I was impressed because when I called what I thought was his campaign office to find out what his positions on some of the then local issues, he answered the phone himself. He came to my business to introduce himself a few days later. I had occasion to call his office last year to ask about the possibility of getting an eminent domain bill on the docket and was amazed that he was still answering his own phone and remembered exactly who I was.
Our state senator is conservative and votes that way but I'm not a huge fan. I don't like that the first question you hear when you call his office is, "Are you a member of the Senator's district?". He may be a decent guy, but I'd like to see him hire office staff with better manners.
The Republicans currently hold both houses of the Tennessee legislature. I'm hoping that we'll see a little more serious legislation taken up during the nest session.

And of course I know who my local guys are. It's not like I'm a Tennessee democrat that would vote for someone because their name was first on the list. :)

I met our state representative a few years ago when he was first running for the seat. I was impressed because when I called what I thought was his campaign office to find out what his positions on some of the then local issues, he answered the phone himself. He came to my business to introduce himself a few days later. I had occasion to call his office last year to ask about the possibility of getting an eminent domain bill on the docket and was amazed that he was still answering his own phone and remembered exactly who I was.
Our state senator is conservative and votes that way but I'm not a huge fan. I don't like that the first question you hear when you call his office is, "Are you a member of the Senator's district?". He may be a decent guy, but I'd like to see him hire office staff with better manners.
The Republicans currently hold both houses of the Tennessee legislature. I'm hoping that we'll see a little more serious legislation taken up during the nest session.

How is Tenncare working out for you ? Is that even a campaign issue anymore ?

Forum List

Back