What is Hell? What is Heaven?

true

Hell is pain and suffering. I imagine there are different levels of hell as there are different levels of pain and suffering. Without getting into the nitty gritty, I think it's like the levels of hell in Dante's Inferno.

Heaven is paradise like that described in Genesis. I think it's a place where we get to see and experience Jesus' life and how things unfolded in God's world and through God's eyes. We are spared the painful parts. Our spiritually perfect bodies have free will, so we can do what we want. Of course, we are not sinful anymore, but loving like God. God made us in his image. Everything is beautiful. Our souls are moved beyond description. We experience true happiness.

Where is a flame before it is lighted, and where is it after it goes out?

God already created hell for Satan and his followers before creating humankind. God, through the Bible, in quite a few places clearly and explicitly teaches us that hell is a real place to which the wicked and unbelieving are sent after death. "23 for fall have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," Romans 3:23 To answer your questions, the fire has already been lit and will burn for all eternity.

I have a little story. I was listening to a debate between Lawrence Krauss, who was a physics Professor at Arizona State University, vs William Lane Craig, theologist. The question to Krauss, who is an atheist, was what would change his mind about God being real. He said if God had the stars align to spell out, "I'm here" or something to that effect, then he would have to reassess.

About a week or so later, an atheist made the front page because he said something that profoundly struck a chord with me. He referred to the debate and said that the stars aligning would not be good enough because the people (atheists/agnostics) on the other side of the world would not be able to see it. I think he meant every single atheist/agnostic would have to believe from the past, present, and future. That's some convincing God would have to do. Later, I realized that God had already put into place the means to do this. Hell. Pain and suffering in hell would be a great persuader even if they rebel.

Last edited:

God already created hell for Satan and his followers before creating humankind. God, through the Bible, in quite a few places clearly and explicitly teaches us that hell is a real place to which the wicked and unbelieving are sent after death. "23 for fall have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," Romans 3:23 To answer your questions, the fire has already been lit and will burn for all eternity.

I have a little story. I was listening to a debate between Lawrence Krauss, who was a physics Professor at Arizona State University, vs William Lane Craig, theologist. The question to Krauss, who is an atheist, was what would change his mind about God being real. He said if God had the stars align to spell out, "I'm here" or something to that effect, then he would have to reassess.

About a week or so later, an atheist made the front page because he said something that profoundly struck a chord with me. He referred to the debate and said that the stars aligning would not be good enough because the people (atheists/agnostics) on the other side of the world would not be able to see it. I think he meant every single atheist/agnostic would have to believe from the past, present, and future. That's some convincing God would have to do. Later, I realized that God had already put into place the means to do this. Hell. Pain and suffering in hell would be a great persuader even if they rebel.

Persuading to what end?

Later, I realized that God had already put into place the means to do this. Hell. Pain and suffering in hell would be a great persuader even if they rebel.

God had already put into place the means to do this ... Hell

that would be a little on the late side, bond - why torture the dead.

what's timely for christians is their book of forgeries - and where it leads them and the same for the other desert religions ...

upload_2019-8-1_22-23-40.jpeg

tuning up for their afterlife by persecuting the innocent. prophetically being to no one's real surprise the designed end result of their religions.

there is the Everlasting for who frees their spirit as prescribed, the triumph of good vs evil before they perish.

Persuading to what end?

C'mon, are you that dense? I thought it was the greatest point an atheist ever made. That's what moved me. I think he got his comments published on the front page of the paper.

Anyway, this should answer the OP's question.

Last edited:
In your opinion, that is. What is hell to you? Do sinners really burn in a lake of fire and suffer for eternity? Do people go to a city above the sky that has streets paved in gold?

Personally, my opinion is the following for each "place".

Hell: Absence from God. No torment. No lake of fire. Just...dead. Gone. No resurrection. No nothing. The God I believe in would not torture His children no matter how evil. He would just make them stay...dead.

Heaven: Is whatever made you happiest. For me...it would the guiding white light, stepping into a tropical paradise and every pet I ever owned there to meet me but they would not be pets, per se. They would be in pet form, but able to speak that I can understand. No stress, no pain, no lack of food or water, no illness, no death. Just those furry family that I loved so dearly.

For you..it could be reuniting with your spouse or parent or sibling or friend...at the beach, or in a Tuscan setting or in a forest. Wherever you found happiness and with whomever you had happiness with...is your specific individual heaven. Like minded individuals would be in that same world as well, but with their own loved ones.

Now....your opinions on the afterlife?

I would change the parameters to focusing on your life here on Earth so that you can be satisfied and proud of your life here and now prior to moving on to the next level

If u go to heaven so be it there is nothing you can do to change it once it happens

If u go to hell so be it there is nothing you can do to change it once it happens

In your opinion, that is. What is hell to you? Do sinners really burn in a lake of fire and suffer for eternity? Do people go to a city above the sky that has streets paved in gold?

Hell: Absence from God. No torment. No lake of fire. Just...dead. Gone. No resurrection. No nothing. The God I believe in would not torture His children no matter how evil. He would just make them stay...dead.

Heaven: Is whatever made you happiest. For me...it would the guiding white light, stepping into a tropical paradise and every pet I ever owned there to meet me but they would not be pets, per se. They would be in pet form, but able to speak that I can understand. No stress, no pain, no lack of food or water, no illness, no death. Just those furry family that I loved so dearly.

For you..it could be reuniting with your spouse or parent or sibling or friend...at the beach, or in a Tuscan setting or in a forest. Wherever you found happiness and with whomever you had happiness with...is your specific individual heaven. Like minded individuals would be in that same world as well, but with their own loved ones.

Heaven is here on earth...........

To inherit the full kingdom of god you must believe and do works of love, then you have it made..

As my hero, Blaise Pascal, said in his Pascal's wager that you are wagering YOUR life.

BTW, he's not the one doing the torturing. He's the one who sent you there. Satan and his henchman are doing whatever. Thus, the different levels of hell makes sense to me.

I refuse to believe a being so great as to create the Universe and all life within it would be so petty as to inflict infinite punishment for comparatively insignificant "infractions". That didn't make any sense to me at age 13 and it doesn't make any sense to me today. I wouldn't do that, and I'm just some guy. Why would God do that?

Hell: no nicotine.

Heaven: a freshly opened carton.

Purgatory: waiting in line to buy cigarettes.

The Netherworld: an empty cigarette pack bearing a three-headed dog logo.

The Afterlife: optimistic speculation.

As my hero, Blaise Pascal, said in his Pascal's wager that you are wagering YOUR life.

BTW, he's not the one doing the torturing. He's the one who sent you there. Satan and his henchman are doing whatever. Thus, the different levels of hell makes sense to me.
BTW, he's they are not the one doing the torturing. He's they're the one who sent you there.

no, breaks your heart, they are not torturing anyone, they are not christian ... they only judge the triumphant, maybe there is a lower court for the hasbeen makebelievers.

I refuse to believe a being so great as to create the Universe and all life within it would be so petty as to inflict infinite punishment for comparatively insignificant "infractions". That didn't make any sense to me at age 13 and it doesn't make any sense to me today. I wouldn't do that, and I'm just some guy. Why would God do that?

Are you saying let the punishment fit the crime? I'm with you on that. What people don't get is God hates sin. They never talk about that. And Adam screwed it up for everyone by his sin. That stained us and we became sinful creatures. You, I, or anyone else cannot help but sin. Adam and Eve's lineage got wiped out and we were destined for sme until Jesus came into this world. Thus, we're not worthy anymore until we get cleansed and that's only through Jesus. What you believe isn't right..

I agree with you and I LOVE it!

Forum List

Back