What is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you blathering about now?

I don't judge anyone. But the bible specifically tells us not to water down the Word, and I won't just because some self-satisfied little nitwit tells me I should, to be warm and fuzzy.

Where the hell did you get the rest? As I said, you live in your own world. Where you got the idea I have respect for other Christians only because I have respect for traditions is about as garbled as anything I've seen, and I suspect you must have reading comprehension problems because I said absolutely nothing even remotely like that.

But I suspect it's more a combination of stupidity and lying - the better to mislead.

Honey, you aren't smart enough to pull it off.

You're judging me in this very post. You're inferring that I am stupid and that I lie.

Your own words say so.

To be honest, you were judging her in your first post tho, and you did twist her words around to mean things that she didn't intend. How you interpreted her post is not how I would have seen it at all.

God is a man. With eyes, ears, nose and mouth. Hands, feet and all the very same body parts as a natural man. Flesh over bone the same way.

:lol:

:eusa_whistle:

The attribution of a physical form to God seems highly illogical. Do you have any real evidence of this? If God is an anthropomorphic male, can you demonstrate logically that God has balls? Your conception of God implies that God, since he is composed of matter according to you, is bound by the laws of the physical universe. This involves you (or Joseph Smith, I suppose) creating a god in man's image. I harbor no enmity toward Mormons personally, BTW, you're generally very nice people.

The attribution of a physical form to God seems highly illogical. Do you have any real evidence of this? If God is an anthropomorphic male, can you demonstrate logically that God has balls? Your conception of God implies that God, since he is composed of matter according to you, is bound by the laws of the physical universe. This involves you (or Joseph Smith, I suppose) creating a god in man's image. I harbor no enmity toward Mormons personally, BTW, you're generally very nice people.

The only evidence I have is the evidence of the scriptures which talk about God's "face" hands" "feet" "eyes" "hair". Plus the eyewitnesses of the risen Christ, and other accounts which include Moses, Jesus, Stephen, Jared, Joseph Smith and others. To me it makes sense that if we are created in his "image" that means we look like him. As for the irreverent remark about his "balls". Yes I believe he has those too.
The best proof I can offer is proven individually through meditation, study, fasting and prayer on the subject. It's not going to be an episode on National Geographic proving the appearance of God.

God

robbie-fowler.jpg

Tigerbob and B L Zeebub know.

God is a man, Truthspeaker?

He has form shaped like a man?

He does in Mormon theology. He also gets it on with women.

Only his wives. If you must know.

'God' is sio ordinary that he has the form of a man and has sex with his wives. Wonders never cease in our concepts of 'God'. I had no idea that Mormons conceived of God in the way.

I think of 'God' as pure being--consciousness--timeless awareness itself--inconceivable, indescribable and inexpressibile, unborn and unceasing.

Last edited:
The only evidence I have is the evidence of the scriptures which talk about God's "face" hands" "feet" "eyes" "hair". Plus the eyewitnesses of the risen Christ, and other accounts which include Moses, Jesus, Stephen, Jared, Joseph Smith and others. To me it makes sense that if we are created in his "image" that means we look like him.
You don't believe it's possible that those passages were meant to be interpreted metaphorically? Jews do not believe in an anthropomorphic god, and they wrote those passages. So it is with Islam; the Qur'an metaphorically mentions the "hands" of God, but associating God with anything physical is a sin.

As for the irreverent remark about his "balls". Yes I believe he has those too.
Serious question, how can mentioning God's balls be irreverent if he was evidently fond enough of them to give a pair to each human male?

Additionally, if your god resembles man, that implies that there is some sort of rhyme and reason to his physical form. Since he couldn't have created himself and could not have existed forever in his physical form according to the laws that govern physical entities, did he choose at some point in his non-physical existence to take on his human-like physical form? Why?

The best proof I can offer is proven individually through meditation, study, fasting and prayer on the subject. It's not going to be an episode on National Geographic proving the appearance of God.
It would be wrong of me to tell you that you're incorrect, but I'm sure you understand that these things can only prove the existence of your god to you. If spreading your message to Jews and Christians etc. is important, what good is proof that can't be observed by someone else?

Mormonism teaches that God the Father is a resurrected, "exalted" human being named Elohim who was at one time not God. Rather, he was once a mortal man on another planet who, through obedience to the precepts of his God, eventually attained exaltation, or godhood, himself through "eternal progression." The Mormon God, located in time and space, has a body of flesh and bone and thus is neither spirit nor omnipresent.
The Mormon Concept of God - 4Truth.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back