Zone1 What is globalism?

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
In a different thread it was put forth that the US is done for due to globalism.

So, how do you all define globalism?

It seems to be one of those words that gets bandied about a lot but people cannot agree on a meaning.

The Cambridge Dictionary puts it as this...the idea that events in one country cannot be separated from those in another and that economic and foreign policy should be planned in an international way

Is it more than that?

Thanks in advance.

It seems to be one of those words that gets bandied about a lot but people cannot agree on a meaning.
Standard catch-all, dog whistle term for "something I don't agree with". It appears to represent some kind of misguided paranoia that every country but America is Hitler Satan Commie, and if we go near them in some way, we'll be Hitler Satan Commie too.

This, from people who buy MAGA hats and ties made in China. Oh well.

In a different thread it was put forth that the US is done for due to globalism.

The Cambridge Dictionary puts it as this...the idea that events in one country cannot be separated from those in another and that economic and foreign policy should be planned in an international way

Is it more than that?

Thanks in advance.

It's Joe Biden inviting Putin to invade Ukraine to support Biden's money laundering schemes.

Standard catch-all, dog whistle term for "something I don't agree with". It appears to represent some kind of misguided paranoia that every country but America is Hitler Satan Commie, and if we go near them in some way, we'll be Hitler Satan Commie too.

This, from people who buy MAGA hats and ties made in China. Oh well.

You are quite the idiot. Tell me, when you hear Biden, The Clinton's, Obama, the Bush's talk about the New World Order what do you think they are talking about?

I can understand that you wouldn't like my post. Not my problem.

Tell me, when you hear Biden, The Clinton's, Obama, the Bush's talk about the New World Order what do you think they are talking about?

Is it more than that?

Thanks in advance.
To me it is the opposite of isolationism. This country and the whole world benefits by global trade. Capitalism on an international scale can be disruptive but the long-term benefits far outweigh the short-term pain. The world is constantly changing so we must adopt to it, walling ourselves off only delays and worsens the inevitable.

Is it more than that?

Thanks in advance.
To me globalism means all the other loser countries trying to weaken, tear down or get something from America.

To me globalism means all the other loser countries trying to weaken, tear down or get something from America.

Thanks to sticking to the topic.

I see what you are saying. But would you agree that at the same time America is getting all they can from so many other counties as well?

Is it more than that?

Thanks in advance.
The three democtritizations:

Finance, information and technology has allowed anyone to become a globalist. Where finance is cheap (easy credit), information is plentiful (Twitter, Facebook WWW, television) and where technology is readily available (smart phones, smart watches, wifi) you have. nexus of empowered persons who can seek out the best deal whether it is around the corner or around the world.

That is the short definition of globalism. Even the most vocal anti-globalist is, in practice, a globalist. Even if you do not buy the foreign made product, the prices that you pay for something produced within your geographic borders, your ability to pay for it through electronic means, and the future availability of the product are all effected by the global market.

The three democtritizations:

Finance, information and technology has allowed anyone to become a globalist. Where finance is cheap (easy credit), information is plentiful (Twitter, Facebook WWW, television) and where technology is readily available (smart phones, smart watches, wifi) you have. nexus of empowered persons who can seek out the best deal whether it is around the corner or around the world.

That is the short definition of globalism. Even the most vocal anti-globalist is, in practice, a globalist. Even if you do not buy the foreign made product, the prices that you pay for something produced within your geographic borders, your ability to pay for it through electronic means, and the future availability of the product are all effected by the global market.

Well put.

Forum List

Back