*What Is Death To An Ahteist*?

You're falling back on the old Creationist argument..."if we are descended from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?".

And if we're all descended from simple single-cell organisms, why are there still simple single-cell organisms?

Exactly.

Yes we would ,but i don't believe in Macro-evolution.

I believe in micro adaptations,example horse and donkey breeding makes sterile mule thats as far as that can go.

I believe in changes within a group not changes from one group to another.

The many cases of micro-evolution that can be seen and is through reproduction with compatible genes from compatible parents.

The bible is right ,organisms produce after their own kind.

Horses produce horses,dogs produce dogs,humans produce humans,monkeys produce monkeys.

You're falling back on the old Creationist argument..."if we are descended from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?".

Nope never said we evolced from monkeys.

Natural selection + Gene depletion makes sure evolution is an impossibility. This is why humans remain humans and dogs remain dogs and so on and so on. It also is a major cause for many of the organisms from the Cambrian explosion to go extinct.

I am asking you how "natural selection" produces evolution.

As I understand, you're right to a degree.
Gene depletion limits variation and is a result of in-breeding, and it will happen all the time over the ages.
Not every life-form carries on, there are dead-ends all over the place.

I'm not sure what your question is but natural selection depends on variations that are naturally occuring in any population.
Some variations prove themselves to be more fitting to the environment or conditions and some don't and are naturally selected to multiply.

The weaker genes in a group goes away and preserves the group.

Sorry guys let me give a better explanation that is a very simple explanation.

Gene depletion+ Natural selection = let's say you breed horses or dogs,if you breed a quarter horse with a quarter horse you will get a quarter horse. If breed a boxer with a boxer you will get a boxer.

Now over time, whatever breeds it took to make a quater horse and a boxer, those genes will eventually go away with each new generation of offspring if you stick only to that breed.

Offsprings are determined by the genetics of the parents and their parents.

Agreed and maybe russ miller was wrong in how he said it but the message was spot on. So there is no misunderstanding i will post this and you can give your rebuttal.
<snip>
I will look over this.
One of the things I enjoy is the learning that I do in the course of researching replies on this and other message boards.
It's a bit long for me to do at the moment though.

One thing I will say though is that in general, science presents theories, seldom facts, that are supposed to be continuously tested and questioned.
If new evidence seems to contradict the prevailing theory then new theories have to be proposed and tested.
That doesn't make science wrong.
That is the scientific method.

You will find no honest scientist that says that all (or even most) of evolutionary processes are 'known'.

I understand the scientific method and how it works but the problem is purposely misleading explanations or suggestions with no evidence to support it is where real science draws a line. Science also is being able to produce empirical evidence along with being able to test and prove not specluate on maybes like assuming life exists beyond our atmosphere with no evidence to support the view. That my friend is based on faith and that is a religous belief.

You have to have a theory in the first place to test.
If there is any assumption about life on any other planet it would only be based on probability, but nobody should say it's a certainty.

Gene depletion+ Natural selection = let's say you breed horses or dogs,if you breed a quarter horse with a quarter horse you will get a quarter horse. If breed a boxer with a boxer you will get a boxer.

Now over time, whatever breeds it took to make a quater horse and a boxer, those genes will eventually go away with each new generation of offspring if you stick only to that breed.

Not if they breed with members of other populations.
In-breeding will do away with genes, the natural variation between populations will preserve genes.

In-breeding will do away with genes, the natural variation between populations will preserve genes.

How does one become a purebred.

If you stay to one breed for several generations eventually all genes from other breeds will go away.

Last edited:

If you stay to one breed for several generations eventually all genes from other breeds will go away.
I though you were going out!

One more video for you guys to absorb.

29-Fire Breathing Dragons?

He said there were only about 50 different kinds of dinosaurs. Wrong.

This list of dinosaurs is a comprehensive listing of all genera that have ever been included in the superorder Dinosauria, excluding class Aves (birds, both living and those known only from fossils) and purely vernacular terms. The list includes all commonly accepted genera, but also genera that are now considered invalid, doubtful (nomen dubium), or were not formally published (nomen nudum), as well as junior synonyms of more established names, and genera that are no longer considered dinosaurs. Many listed names have been reclassified as everything from birds to crocodilians to petrified wood. The list contains 1358 names, of which approximately 965 are considered either valid dinosaur genera or nomina dubia.
List of dinosaurs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Approximately 700 species have been named. However, a recent scientific review suggests that only about half of these are based on fairly complete specimens that can be shown to be unique and separate species. These species are placed in about 300 valid dinosaur genera (Stegosaurus, Diplodocus, etc.), although about 540 have been named. Recent estimates suggest that about 700 to 900 more dinosaur genera may remain to be discovered.
How Many Types of Dinosaurs Are Known?

Approximately 700 species have been named. However, a recent scientific review suggests that only about half of these are based on fairly complete specimens that can be shown to be unique and separate species. These species are placed in about 300 valid dinosaur genera (Stegosaurus, Diplodocus, etc.), although about 540 have been named. Recent estimates suggest that about 700 to 900 more dinosaur genera may remain to be discovered.
Dinosaurs: Facts and Fiction

The kids made plans and the wife wants to watch American idol so i guess i will wat ch that with her so i was just checking in.

Wow i need a life,well i guess i do have a life on weekends i play paintball.

The kids made plans and the wife wants to watch American idol so i guess i will wat ch that with her so i was just checking in.

Wow i need a life,well i guess i do have a life on weekends i play paintball.
American Idol!!!
You'll see some 'gene depletion' there for sure...and nothing to do with purebreds.

One more video for you guys to absorb.

He said there were only about 50 different kinds of dinosaurs. Wrong.

This list of dinosaurs is a comprehensive listing of all genera that have ever been included in the superorder Dinosauria, excluding class Aves (birds, both living and those known only from fossils) and purely vernacular terms. The list includes all commonly accepted genera, but also genera that are now considered invalid, doubtful (nomen dubium), or were not formally published (nomen nudum), as well as junior synonyms of more established names, and genera that are no longer considered dinosaurs. Many listed names have been reclassified as everything from birds to crocodilians to petrified wood. The list contains 1358 names, of which approximately 965 are considered either valid dinosaur genera or nomina dubia.
List of dinosaurs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How Many Types of Dinosaurs Are Known?

Dinosaurs: Facts and Fiction

How i took it is he don't break it down to every breed he breaks it down in to groups that maybe compatible kinda like i do with horses and dogs and so forth.

Maybe's don't go to well with facts just my opinion.

Sorry bout that,

1. Why die I ask, when you can live forever?
2. In death, our bodies die, but to a follower of Jesus, the soul and spirit live on forever.
3. A person in Christ can only wonder why an atheist would choose to be one, seeing its a *dead end* choice.
4. Perhaps its just the gene pool of heaven cleaning itself up?:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Why die I ask, when you can live forever?
2. In death, our bodies die, but to a follower of Jesus, the soul and spirit live on forever.
3. A person in Christ can only wonder why an atheist would choose to be one, seeing its a *dead end* choice.
4. Perhaps its just the gene pool of heaven cleaning itself up?:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I wonder if anyone on the atheist side is keeping score on all the natural disasters lately that are breaking records.

Did God fill the numbers of servants in the book of revelation and ordered the Angels to release the winds that will harm the earth ?

Rev 7:1 After this I saw four angels in their places at the four points of the earth, keeping back the four winds in their hands, so that there might be no moving of the wind on the earth, or on the sea, or on any tree.
Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the mark of the living God: and he said with a great voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to do damage to the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Do no damage to the earth, or the sea, or the trees, till we have put a mark on the servants of our God.
Rev 7:4 And there came to my ears the number of those who had the mark on their brows, a hundred and forty-four thousand, who were marked out of every tribe of the people of Israel.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I did hear that over 1200 people are still missing in Joplin.
2. Where'd they go?:dunno:
3. I think it was Moses or Elijah who disappeared in a whirlwind.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. They've been taken up in The Rapture
2. You've missed out...you went the wrong way!
3. ...or in a whale

Cheers SirJames

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. They've been taken up in The Rapture
2. You've missed out...you went the wrong way!
3. ...or in a whale

Cheers SirJames

Or the 144,000 jewish servants have been filled and the 4 Angels have realeased the 4 winds to bring harm to the earth and the oceans. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back