CDZ What is a "high capacity" gun magazine...how many bullets?

-------------------------------------------------- and convicted and imprisoned criminals can't buy or use guns , Course when released from PRISON they should have ALL Rights restored or they should remain in Prison Alang .
You're more trusting in rehabilitation than I am I guess. Do you believe in parole and parolees owning guns?

---------------------------------------- give some examples of the mentally ill that should not be allowed guns and why are those mentally ill people walking or driving American streets Alang . Mentally Ill , what , like some murderers that have been released from prison like that mentally ill guy that tried to kill Reagan , well , he should still be in prison or hospital or executed Alang .
So until someone shoots someone they could have a gun? My nephew is autistic and has trouble controlling his anger. Should he be armed?

Non citizens should not be in the USA Alang .
Everyone who came to this country was at first a non-citizen. I guess by your logic, we'd be a country of native Americans and there would be no guns.

This term comes up often in gun control debates...."high capacity" magazines. I submit that most people who hear that term think 100 round drum magazines, like the one used by the Colorado theater shooter...which ended up malfunctioning the rifle, saving lives....as people ran out while he tried to clear the jam. He then went to his pistol....having emptied his shotgun previously.....

So normal, uninformed Americans when they hear "high capacity" magazines think 100 round magazines. Those who push gun control.......use that term "high capacity" and then use it to push to get 30 round, standard magazines banned, using the ignorance of the uninformed Americans to push those bans.

So....what really is a "high capacity" magazine?

Lets start with anything over 15

Then you can justify why a private gun owner needs more

This term comes up often in gun control debates...."high capacity" magazines. I submit that most people who hear that term think 100 round drum magazines, like the one used by the Colorado theater shooter...which ended up malfunctioning the rifle, saving lives....as people ran out while he tried to clear the jam. He then went to his pistol....having emptied his shotgun previously.....

So normal, uninformed Americans when they hear "high capacity" magazines think 100 round magazines. Those who push gun control.......use that term "high capacity" and then use it to push to get 30 round, standard magazines banned, using the ignorance of the uninformed Americans to push those bans.

To set some goalposts:

Would the justification be showing where magazines larger than that generally aren't used by criminals?

Or maybe how more people with a gun & magazine that size saved live in defense than committed murder?

I really don't know where this will lead btw. Its not my issue.

seems to me that anyone that understands the reasons and reasoning behind the Second Amendment have no use for your line of thinking Toranado .

still , its always good for pro gun people to read what you and sneaky others think about Neutering Americans RIGHTS Tornado .

To set some goalposts:

Would the justification be showing where magazines larger than that generally aren't used by criminals?

Or maybe how more people with a gun & magazine that size saved live in defense than committed murder?

I think the Government can justify a ban on high capacity magazines due to the number of times they have been used in mass killings

The counter argument to the ban would be to justify where private citizens have a legitimate need for magazines larger than 15 rounds

To set some goalposts:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ as comment , i think that there are only 30,000 or so deaths in the USA where a gun is used and thats with over 300 million or more guns floating around in the USA which has a population of about 310 million and thats not counting the 11 to 30 million or so illegal aliens . And lots of those deaths were a gun was used are suicides which don't count Tornado .

Personally I think we need a group of people who like guns, have practical experience with them and have a law enforcement background to set up regulations which make sense. Otherwise you end up with the 90's era assault weapon ban which seemed to mostly have been good for raising ammunition prices and selling old stock or some reactionary ban which does not practically matter.

Far as where to set the line for "high capacity. I dunno if there is an exact place to draw a line. What's a long pass in the NFL?

What was the WWII era M1's capacity? We sent boys into battle with those. Perhaps we can start there.

We already have all the laws we need........the problem is democrats keep letting criminals out of jail.......

What gun laws are we missing?

feck special categories of people like 'police' and military setting up LAWS that the citizens and taxpayers that employ these civil servant and assumed experts have to follow . You don't mind being a Subject or designated peasant eh Toronado ??

Yup, I don't mind living in a country with some form of gun control.

On the far end, the founding fathers never wrote squat about me not being able to buy an armed and loaded Apache. Yet we have these laws limiting my freedom.

This is not a rhetorical question. It will give me a benchmark for your point of view which if you are honest, you can defend. Do you think I should be able to buy the Apache?

Keep and "Bear" arms....can you carry an apache helicopter?

Who cares. Well regulated militia may weapons qualify for bazookanier or grenadier.

To set some goalposts:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ as comment , i think that there are only 30,000 or so deaths in the USA where a gun is used and thats with over 300 million or more guns floating around in the USA which has a population of about 310 million and thats not counting the 11 to 30 million or so illegal aliens . And lots of those deaths were a gun was used are suicides which don't count Tornado .

Over 22,000 of them are suicides. In 2014 and 2015 non gun suicide out numbered gun suicide.

The 9,616 of the rest in 2015 were criminals....and 70-80% of their victims were other criminals...leaving about 1,200 or so actually innocent victims of gun murder....and many of those innocent people had friends and family who were the criminals that lead to their shooting deaths.....

Out of a country of over 320,000,000 people...with close to 600 million guns in private hands and over 16,300,000 law biding people actually carrying guns for self defense...

The actual numbers show that anti gunners have no rational argument for what they feel about guns....

feck special categories of people like 'police' and military setting up LAWS that the citizens and taxpayers that employ these civil servant and assumed experts have to follow . You don't mind being a Subject or designated peasant eh Toronado ??

On the far end, the founding fathers never wrote squat about me not being able to buy an armed and loaded Apache. Yet we have these laws limiting my freedom.

This is not a rhetorical question. It will give me a benchmark for your point of view which if you are honest, you can defend. Do you think I should be able to buy the Apache?
----------------------- yeah , no nukes allowed either Toranado [chuckle] !! But Americans do have the Right to all the Issued Small Arms of the American combat soldier Toronado .

OK. so we have spouted our rhetoric and come up with some common ground. We both believe in gun control. Probably to different degrees but we both believe in it.

The topic at hand, do you think there should be restrictions on what size magazine, clip or whatever I can have on my gun? (I assume we are talking simi-auto's here and if I am correct in respect of the OP we should restrict ourselves to that)

No.....there should be no limit. We can already arrest you and put you in prison if you use a gun to commit a crime...no matter what size magazine you use.

Also...magazine size has no bearing on criminals or mass shooters...they can either get illegal magazines, or they simply use the legal magazines to commit their crimes...the only ones effected by magazine limits and bans are normal, law abding people who don't use those magazines to break the law......

No.....law abiding citizens don't have to justify having a Constitutional Right. We can already arrest anyone, with any capacity magazine if they use it to commit a crime. And since magazine size has no bearing on criminals getting them, or mass shooters murdering people...there is no rational reason to ban them for law abiding citizens.

To set some goalposts:

I think the Government can justify a ban on high capacity magazines due to the number of times they have been used in mass killings

The counter argument to the ban would be to justify where private citizens have a legitimate need for magazines larger than 15 rounds

In 2016 they were used 6 times in 6 different shootings.........to murder a total of 71 people.....in Nice, France, a rental truck was used one time to murder 84 people.....so according to your logic, with the amount of people killed by rental trucks there is more than enough justification to ban the rental of trucks....

The need for a citizen to have any magazine they want....1) The Constitution. 2) Self defense.

To set some goalposts:

There is no need to justify them using any of your reasons. We have laws that already say it is against the law to use a gun, with any size magazine, to commit rape, robbery or murder....you can already be arrested if you do those things....no matter what size magazine you use....

only the bad guys know how many shots you are going to need

Video shows woman firing several shots at home intruders

only the bad guys know how many shots you are going to need

Video shows woman firing several shots at home intruders

Texas woman shoots, kills home intruder

Actually, if you had $200 million to spend, I guarantee you could get an AH-64 of your own.

Your straw man is idiocy, despite how clever it appeared on the leftist hate state you got it from.

Actually, if you had $200 million to spend, I guarantee you could get an AH-64 of your own.

Your straw man is idiocy, despite how clever it appeared on the leftist hate state you got it from.
------------------------------------------ YEAH as unverified comment i think that Mike Dillon has some pretty impressive weaponry ad just a private guy .

Forum List

Back