What if the mass shooting today happened every day?

Pretty soon we'd run out of the crazy shits that would do such a thing. That ass hole today had no intention on leaving that school alive. I heard another story where some dumb shit in China slashed 22 kids there with a knife. When a criminal has no regard for his own life it's practically impossible to stop them, why do you think suicide bombers a so hard to stop? Pass all the restrictive laws you want, they won't stop people like the one today.

they will if he cant get a gun, how many of those 22 kids in china survived ? if they were shot instead of slashed how many you think would have survived then ?

Depends on the person using the weapon.

That would still be way fewer deaths than by cars:

More than 33,000 people and 11,000 kids 10 and under died in car crashes in 2009 (latest year available).
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1105.pdf

Anyone trying to ban cars?

Car deaths are accidental. To compare the two is stupid.

Not all car deaths are accidental, besides, we have a lot of posters here who argue we should ban guns because there are accidental shootings,

Pretty soon we'd run out of the crazy shits that would do such a thing. That ass hole today had no intention on leaving that school alive. I heard another story where some dumb shit in China slashed 22 kids there with a knife. When a criminal has no regard for his own life it's practically impossible to stop them, why do you think suicide bombers a so hard to stop? Pass all the restrictive laws you want, they won't stop people like the one today.

Gun control is needed, dumb fucks like you oktexas will never get it, ever.

Gun control would never work in the US. If you want gun control, then it has to be 100%, meaning all guns are confiscated. First off, it will never happen. Secondly, the government would have to round up close to 300 million guns. Again, not going to happen.

Gun control would never work in the US. If you want gun control, then it has to be 100%, meaning all guns are confiscated. First off, it will never happen. Secondly, the government would have to round up close to 300 million guns. Again, not going to happen.

Tighten your laws, then.

- No one under the age of 21 should be allowed to purchase a gun
- Parents should be charged if their child gets their hands on a gun they own
- No one with a mental illness should be allowed to possess a gun
- A 30 day waiting period after buying the gun
- No one with a serious conviction (assault, rape, murder etc) should be allowed to own or buy a gun, even if the offence was committed 20 years ago
- No one with a recent criminal conviction (less than 2 yrs old) should be allowed to own or buy a gun
- If guns must be carried in public, they should be equipped with no more than 3 bullets. This means less chance of a mass shooting on the scale of Newtown
- Any one caught breaking any rules regarding gun laws will be jailed for a period of no less than 3 months. Build more prisons to accomodate them all.

If these kinds of things transpired on a regular bases, I would never leave the house unarmed. Another thing I would do is try to ensure that dangerous mentally unstable persons be institutionalized without exception. Even in the most policed state imaginable, government cannot keep guns out of the hands of criminals and guarantee protection of the population.

Tighten your laws, then.

- No one with a serious conviction (assault, rape, murder etc) should be allowed to own or buy a gun, even if the offence was committed 20 years ago
- No one with a recent criminal conviction (less than 2 yrs old) should be allowed to own or buy a gun
- If guns must be carried in public, they should be equipped with no more than 3 bullets. This means less chance of a mass shooting on the scale of Newtown
- Any one caught breaking any rules regarding gun laws will be jailed for a period of no less than 3 months. Build more prisons to accomodate them all.

Noomi, I understand your idea, but the kid today broke tons of gun laws and it didn't stop him. Gun laws are only followed by the law abiding citizen, the nuts will break any and all laws if they want to.

Tighten your laws, then.

Noomi, I understand your idea, but the kid today broke tons of gun laws and it didn't stop him. Gun laws are only followed by the law abiding citizen, the nuts will break any and all laws if they want to.

Noomi also needs to understand that we have approximately 300 million guns in the US. They are everywhere. If some nut wants one, he/she is going to get it.

Tighten your laws, then.

But many shootings are committed by people who had no prior criminal record. They become criminals only when they start shooting, so doesn't that show that law abiding citizens are not actually the ones who are responsible?

When Bush invaded iraq and destroyed the constitution in order to build a surveillance state, I said the same thing: you can't stop evil. If a crazy jihadist wants to attack, he will attack. This doesn't mean we should trade all our freedoms and build a police state.

The law of unintended consequences says that government can't save or improve the world. If they try to protect you, they will only make things worse.

Bush didn't make the world safer, he merely left behind a massive surveillance bureaucracy to be run by incompetent people.

Reagan didn't end drug use with his famous "War on Drugs". He merely left behind a wasteful bureaucracy that made the problem worse.

I agree with your point. You can't fix evil by throwing money or laws at it. There will always be evil people who do harm.

(But you might be able to limit it a fraction. Crazy people are manic. They have good days and bad days. On their bad days you want to make it harder for them to get guns. On their good days they have the strength to resist on their own. Our job is to make it harder for them to kill. We are emotional people. We have good days and bad days. Crazy people have bad days in the extreme. We want to make it harder for them to get a gun. Had the Connecticut shooter had a tougher time getting a gun, he may have been delayed long enough to experience another mood shift. Unstable people are like that. We don't want to make it easier for them to get guns. We don't want to frustrate the myopic time frame of temptation.)

Last edited:
Tighten your laws, then.

But many shootings are committed by people who had no prior criminal record. They become criminals only when they start shooting, so doesn't that show that law abiding citizens are not actually the ones who are responsible?

People that do what happened today, are very disturbed. He plotted and planned, it was premeditated. How many of your laws listed above, would he have broke?

People that do what happened today, are very disturbed. He plotted and planned, it was premeditated. How many of your laws listed above, would he have broke?

I get the point you are trying to make, but at the same time, something does need to be done. These shootings will continue to happen otherwise. Both sides of politics need to work together to find a solution.

That would still be way fewer deaths than by cars:

More than 33,000 people and 11,000 kids 10 and under died in car crashes in 2009 (latest year available).
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1105.pdf

Anyone trying to ban cars?

Car deaths are accidental. To compare the two is stupid.

Not when a piece of machinery is blamed and the solution proposed is to ban or severely restrict that machine.

You are still spouting sheer stupidity.

I get the point you are trying to make, but at the same time, something does need to be done. These shootings will continue to happen otherwise. Both sides of politics need to work together to find a solution.

I agree, the emotional toll of the parents that lost their children will not ever go away. It is wrong, at the same time, what is the answer? I have none, I just know more laws won't fix this issue, it hasn't stopped it so far.

With the economy, with the American lifestyle, with the terrible entertainment, that we accept, I believe society contributes. That said, individual responsibility, that is another huge issue.

Car accidents and 18 children shot execution style are the same in your mind?

Guess what, idiot, one of them is preventable.

Ahhhhhh...I see now.

"Execution-style" is left wing anti-gun code to hype up an already horrible tragedy.

Executions by guns are performed with the condemned against a wall, or tied to a post, with a blindfold and a platoon of riflemen shooting him in the heart.

"Execution-style" is a media invention used by dickwads to color a murder as if it were nothing more than a great sports play that needed that little extra something for the viewing audience.

That is NOT what execution style is. That is an execution. Execution style is where the killer is very close and very in control of the situation. Cold, calculated, easy.

It shocks me how people like oktexas frame the argument in a way that would make everyone be armed, let me guess if the teacher had a gun she could have stopped it right?
Uh, yes. Are you disputing that if there was a responsible armed individual there that took out the shooter it would not have prevented this?

That's asinine. Of course if the teach was capable of defending themselves and the children this would not have happened. To say otherwise is asinine.

The OP is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

One would think that a tragedy such as this would at least lend itself to some sort of respect for the dead. Conservatives don't seem to care much about anything since they lost the election.
Actually, the republicans are not the ones disrespecting the dead here. It is people trying to use this tragedy to push a failed political agenda and holding these people up as the 'example' of why we need to cede our rights to them. That is disrespectful. Don't be claiming that people who are not throwing their rights out the window on a whim because someone holds this tragedy up as a tool are being disrespectful of the families. You should know better.

Forum List

Back