What if the GOP Establishment Releases All Delegates on First Ballot and Brokers the Convention?

What happens to the GOP if it releases all delegates in the National convention on the first ballot?

• It would save the GOP from a fake Republican

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would result in the destruction of the GOP as it loses all trust

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • It wont change anything, as the Establishment has cheated its own people in both parties for decades

• The GOP will become stronger and more principled

• It will turn the GOP into an Open Borders party that destroys all that is left of American culture.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I dunno.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Paul Ryan is the head of the Republican Party until Trump is actually the nominee.

As a Republican activist I know tell me, Ryan could turn the entire convention into an open convention with these simple words, "I hear a motion to amend the rules and unbind all delegates, is there a second? All in favor? In the opinion of the chair, the ayes have it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/u...yan-and-donald-trump-on-collision-course.html

The question is whether the GOP Establishment would destroy its own party to stop Trump. Trust me, because they will be destroying the GOP with such a maneuver. Guarantee you there would be a BIG third party in 2020 that will displace the GOP inside ten years.

Obviously, Trumps campaign needs to ensure that the delegates working up to the state convention that then go to the national convention are in fact Trump supporters, but methinks many of them are former Ron Paul supporters and will infiltrate for Cruz, just like they tried to do in 2012.

So what do you think would happen to the GOP if they did this to stop Trump?

It won't work.
what wont work, Jeremiah?
Dick Cheney will just hand pick another Romneyesque handpuppet *ah...ahhh..ahhhchooRubio!* (sorry, I sneezed)...and our country will be screwed again. Plus, if you think they're going to endear voters to the GOP by threatening to veto their vote at the convention...get ready for a HUGE surge into the Trump camp who will promptly defect to the "independent" ticket as he said he would do in a case like this hypothetical.

Nope. Maybe at this juncture they should start to entertain bringing Christie back into the fray. He is the no-BS actual GOP candidate who is sane, vs the other one who isn't. Exposure of Trump as pro-LGBT, bring back Christie..he hoovers up all Trump's disgusted erstwhile devotees. Voila!

I can just see Dick Cheney and Carl Rove squirming and gyrating this way and that ...trying to appear as if their foolishness isn't ruining the GOP from within...power brokering...trying this coup on their base one last time and hoping with fingers crossed that it will work.

Nope, for all his faults, Donald Trump is calling out the GOP on their BS. Christie was too, but Cheney didn't want him...so..yeah..."he gone"... What Cheney won't do for his daughters...

Last edited:
Paul Ryan is the head of the Republican Party until Trump is actually the nominee.

As a Republican activist I know tell me, Ryan could turn the entire convention into an open convention with these simple words, "I hear a motion to amend the rules and unbind all delegates, is there a second? All in favor? In the opinion of the chair, the ayes have it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/u...yan-and-donald-trump-on-collision-course.html

The question is whether the GOP Establishment would destroy its own party to stop Trump. Trust me, because they will be destroying the GOP with such a maneuver. Guarantee you there would be a BIG third party in 2020 that will displace the GOP inside ten years.

Obviously, Trumps campaign needs to ensure that the delegates working up to the state convention that then go to the national convention are in fact Trump supporters, but methinks many of them are former Ron Paul supporters and will infiltrate for Cruz, just like they tried to do in 2012.

It would rip the GOP apart.

I am no fan of the GOP but I hope that they don't do it- I don't want to see the GOP to go the way of the Whig Party- and be replaced by a "Trump's Nationalist Party"

Trump gets ousted and runs as an independent guaranteeing Hillary the White House. The Republican Party would be in shambles. Here is what is going to happen. Trump will win the nomination, one way or another, and then he will get his clock cleaned in the general by Hillary. Republicans will lick their wounds and regroup for 2020 hoping that Hillary falls flat on her face. In 2020, Jeb will be the nominee as Republicans realize what a big mistake they made with Trump. If Jeb does not come back strong, then maybe the Republicans convince someone of more substance to take a shot, possibly John Thune. While he would just be another conservative, he at least has some integrity.

Nonsense, speculation based on what the central party's loss and quest to regain power? The GOP beltway compassionate conservatives are toast. It is apparent that the guiding principles of the GOP have been compromised, people are upset, furthermore willing, as evidenced by the primaries, to take a stand and voice their discontent with the party establishment. What the Rino's fear is the winds of change and return to guiding principles.

Nonsense, speculation based on what the central party's loss and quest to regain power? The GOP beltway compassionate conservatives are toast. It is apparent that the guiding principles of the GOP have been compromised, people are upset, furthermore willing, as evidenced by the primaries, to take a stand and voice their discontent with the party establishment. What the Rino's fear is the winds of change and return to guiding principles.

Well I find amusing that for years Conservatives have claimed that Americans really, really want a staunch Conservative- and the leading GOP contender is the least Conservative candidate the GOP has fielded in years- probably since Bush Sr.

Waste of time. It's not gonna happen.

If Trump wins, he's our candidate.

We're not scum of the earth dimocraps or back-stabbing liberturdian FILTH.

We play by the rules.

If we ever stop, then we're no better than the two groups of living, walking, breathing feces I just named.

And that's when I, and the rest of America, just walk away and start cleaning our weapons

If Trump sweeps the primaries and the GOP steals the nomination from him, it is a 100 percent certainty Hillary Clinton will be our next President.

yeah. Not to diss the OP, but there's zero chance of this occurring ..... unless no one has a clear majority of delegates going into the convention, and I think Donald will have it locked down long beforehand.

Forum List

Back