What if GM did go bankrupt?

That's how YOU feel. Allow other's to feel whatever way they want without constantly jumping in on every conversation that mentions the "I" word.

Half the links on here are stolen by you jumping in because someone mentions Israel and then Sunni jumps in because you jump in. It's sickening already.

For instance....you hijacked the Iran Gold Standard thread today. How many threads have to end up being DavidS vs Sunni.

No one gives a fuck anymore.

Get a new hobby. We already know how you feel.

That's how YOU feel. Allow other's to feel whatever way they want without constantly jumping in on every conversation that mentions the "I" word.

Half the links on here are stolen by you jumping in because someone mentions Israel and then Sunni jumps in because you jump in. It's sickening already.

For instance....you hijacked the Iran Gold Standard thread today. How many threads have to end up being DavidS vs Sunni.

No one gives a fuck anymore.

Get a new hobby. We already know how you feel.

Seriously Dave--don't you already have a place that's all messed up to fight this one out ?

This thread had nothing to do with Iran, Jews or Muslims. If the moderators don't delete all of the posts pretaining to those three topics, I will start a new thread.

This thread had nothing to do with Iran, Jews or Muslims. If the moderators don't delete all of the posts pretaining to those three topics, I will start a new thread.

Is GM a good buy at $3 a share?

My truck becomes a classic.:lol:

My guess is GM will go the same way Pan Am did.... Remember the big scare, when Pam Am were going under, and we were told the world would cave in up on us? Well, it didn't happen.

The fat cats that benefit from these bailouts spend the bailout money like a drunken sailor on leave for a weekend... It's time to regulate the bailouts, if we bail GM et al....out!

My guess is GM will go the same way Pan Am did.... Remember the big scare, when Pam Am were going under, and we were told the world would cave in up on us? Well, it didn't happen.

The fat cats that benefit from these bailouts spend the bailout money like a drunken sailor on leave for a weekend... It's time to regulate the bailouts, if we bail GM et al....out!

Something needs to be done. Time to face facts. The US auto industry has been terminally ill for years. This last little economic downturn was just the nudge it needed to go over the brink.

Something needs to be done. Time to face facts. The US auto industry has been terminally ill for years. This last little economic downturn was just the nudge it needed to go over the brink.

Gunny, the auto industry is healthy as a clam - in Alabama.... I guess it helps Mercedes et al. are located on Native American land... Cuts the costs of employment down. Employers don't have to worry about Health and Welfare costs of these employees, as this little nusance is covered by the US government.

There were several other airlines, many of them profitable at the time of Pan Am's AND Eastern's collapse. Delta bought up the rest of PAN AM when it went out of business. Right now there are NO profitable US Automobile companies.

GM, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saab, Buick, Hummer, GMC, Saturn would all cease to exist. Tens of millions of Americans who have these cars would be unable to obtain parts in the future because these cars are no longer made.

I don't know what the right option is, but I don't think it's in front of us.

I think GM should go into bankruptcy and the company should re-organize from there. Who needs so many freaking brands of the same damned car? There is no difference between a Chevrolet, a Pontiac and a GMC... like a Ford, Mercury and Lincoln. The entry level luxury market faded away when entry level cars started coming with leather and power locks/windows.

You appear to be very Anti-Arab/Muslim. We need to come up with a word for that.

Racist?
You had to think for the word?

Have they risen above the rest of us ethnic groups to a class all their own, they need a different more powerful word do they?

That's a given and since you make sure to tell us daily no need to point it out, it would be redundant....

but I'm pointing out to you, that you are no different.

Personally, I'm not into villifying entire groups for the acts of their extremists.
And what you say about David may or may not be true. However, the statements he made in the post to which you responded are factual and accurate. So I'd question why you chose THAT particular post to make your observation.

And have you bothered checking in on one of the jew bashing threads to tell people how disgusting they are for blaming the jews for all of the world's problems?

Just wondering. It does not appear that your failure to do so is out of any fear of being redundant. You appear to be untroubled by stating opinions in other areas that have already been visited by other posters, as have we all, that being the nature of a political messageboard.

Could it be......

hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

nah...

IF GM did go bankrupt... it would be better than our government handing $ to (or god forbid, as Barney Rubble wants us to do in having the government buy into private companies)

Why on earth is it smart to pump money into a company where nobody wants to by the product? And why is it that nobody wants to buy the product? Because the big 3 are hindered by union influence, buy stupid government regulations (CAFE anyone?), and by demonization by the liberal dems and their enviro-nazi buddies. We would be pumping money (taxpayer money) into a business that is hemorrhaging funds...

And then with Barney Rubble and other liberal dems, we know that any assistance would be adding liberal micro-management into the equation now... hence hurting the big 3 even more...

let the chips fall where they may... maybe 2 or more of the big 3 will be forced to merge or combine efforts... maybe 1 or more will fail... but the government has no business being into this mess

Personally, I'm not into villifying entire groups for the acts of their extremists.
And what you say about David may or may not be true. However, the statements he made in the post to which you responded are factual and accurate. So I'd question why you chose THAT particular post to make your observation.

And have you bothered checking in on one of the jew bashing threads to tell people how disgusting they are for blaming the jews for all of the world's problems?

Just wondering. It does not appear that your failure to do so is out of any fear of being redundant. You appear to be untroubled by stating opinions in other areas that have already been visited by other posters, as have we all, that being the nature of a political messageboard.

Could it be......

hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

nah...

Jillian, I don't even understand what you're talking about. Earlier in the day there was a thread on Iran changing to the Gold Standard. It turned into something else. I come in here, it's about GM, then it starts turning into something else. Sunni makes a comment. Ignore it already. No, instead David has to say FUCK YOU and continue on his tirade defending the jews. Fine. Lets now turn this thread into a Pro Isreal/Anti-semite thread too.
Sunni pushes David's buttons. David pushes Sunni's buttons. And no one can have a conversation about anything around here. I think what I was trying to point out was that whether David is right or wrong...he's no different then Sunni. They are both racist in their own way. Or is it ok to defend Jews but not to defend Muslim/Arabs?

Jillian, I don't even understand what you're talking about. Earlier in the day there was a thread on Iran changing to the Gold Standard. It turned into something else. I come in here, it's about GM, then it starts turning into something else. Sunni makes a comment. Ignore it already. No, instead David has to say FUCK YOU and continue on his tirade defending the jews. Fine. Lets now turn this thread into a Pro Isreal/Anti-semite thread too.
Sunni pushes David's buttons. David pushes Sunni's buttons. And no one can have a conversation about anything around here. I think what I was trying to point out was that whether David is right or wrong...he's no different then Sunni. They are both racist in their own way. Or is it ok to defend Jews but not to defend Muslim/Arabs?

You understand exactly what I'm talking about. And I was pointing out that the situation is different....

You understand exactly what I'm talking about. And I was pointing out that the situation is different....

No, I read what you wrote...and I still have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps I just don't get you.

I know what you're saying in principle, but I'll have a go at any one who chimes into a thread with bigoted or racist statements. I don't feel compelled to ignore them at all times. When somebody says jews run the world, I'm gonna have a go at it.

David is also wrong in implying muslims are responsible for 95% of the violence in the world. The genocides in the balkans, in Rwanda, and in the Congo happened in majority christian nations. Or, non-muslim nations. I think the longest running terrorist war on the planet is by Hindus in Sri Lanka. The tamil tigers.

As for the auto industry, I think it would be a mistake to allow them to crater. God forbid we ever have another major war, and we find ourselves without our own manufacturing base to build tanks and weapons.

As for the auto industry, I think it would be a mistake to allow them to crater. God forbid we ever have another major war, and we find ourselves without our own manufacturing base to build tanks and weapons.

I listened to Obama on 60 minutes last night. He is going to do his best to help save GM.

Obama On Economic Crisis, Transition, Also Discusses National Security, Iraq, And His Cabinet In 60 Minutes Interview - CBS News

Oh, and thanks for getting back to the subject of the thread.

I'm not racist, Gigi. My doorman is an Arab-Muslim and we talk politics all the time. I can't say I have any Muslim friends, mostly because my neighborhood doesn't have any, I have had several good discussions with Muslims before and I find them mostly to be very good, peaceful people.

I find Sunni, who would be more than happy to crash a jet into one of New York City's office buildings, to be more than offensive. And if he's going to "cast aspersions" about other groups of people, he had better make sure his own group of people is perfect. They're not.

It is not that I am anti-Muslim, it is that I am pro-Jewish.

Forum List

Back