What If All US Computers Were Hacked & Destroyed ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
If all computers in the US were shut down by the international jihad (which we are at war against) by hacking or EMP attack, could we survive this ? What would we do if our national electrical grid were shut down and immobilized ? – and most of our law enforcement and military functions.

What about our food supply ? And our factories that turn animals and plants into food, and the trucks and trains that transport the food ?

And what about our water supply ? Would water treatment plants still function ? Or pumping which distributes water to homes and businesses ? Would hospitals shut down, leaving patients without care ?

Maybe the big question is how far into the world of computers have we gone by now, in 2017 ? How much reliance on these machines have we put ourselves ? And are we completely invested (including our fundamental national security) in computer functioning, or do we have non-computer BACK-UPS that can keep us going in the event on massive computer failure, throughout the society ?

Those of us who have lived for years before computers came around, remember that all the things I just mentioned functioned perfectly well, completely in the absence of computers. We know that computers are not necessary to run everything. We even won 2 world wars, without computers.

So, are we ready to resume the non-computer nation, or have all our non-computer systems disappeared, in the transition of computerization ? I’d say if the systems have disappeared, and no longer available as back-ups. Then we need to get them to reappear, and quickly.

Computerized everything is making us too vulnerable. People think I'm just being old fashioned because I'm old, but it's true. There needs to be backup.

Computerized everything is making us too vulnerable. People think I'm just being old fashioned because I'm old, but it's true. There needs to be backup.
Amazing how anyone could ever think otherwise.

The grid system is far more vulnerable and would result in unimaginable carnage, not seen since the biblical flood.
An organized EMP attack from multiple sources would decimate our country. We would absolutely return to a 3rd world country overnight.
If JUST the computers went down it would be hard, but we would figure it out. It would be major hardship. But noting compared to mass grid failure.

The grid system is far more vulnerable and would result in unimaginable carnage, not seen since the biblical flood.
An organized EMP attack from multiple sources would decimate our country. We would absolutely return to a 3rd world country overnight.
If JUST the computers went down it would be hard, but we would figure it out. It would be major hardship. But noting compared to mass grid failure.
Soooo, an organized EMP attack would reduce the country by 10%.........?

(It's called being pedantic.......) :eusa_whistle:

:D

But if the grid failure is due to computer failure, this could be averted by simply having a non-computer grid operation, no ? (as existed for decades before computers)

But if the grid failure is due to computer failure, this could be averted by simply having a non-computer grid operation, no ? (as existed for decades before computers)

I would say for sure that is not possible. The electrical usage I would guess is 5 times what it was then.
The real answer, may be, in-house power plants. The technology already exist for this.

I would say for sure that is not possible. The electrical usage I would guess is 5 times what it was then.
The real answer, may be, in-house power plants. The technology already exist for this.
On what do you base the statement >> "I would guess is 5 times what it was then." ?

Before computers, was the 1970s >> 225 Million. With today's population of 326 million, it isn't even twice the precomputer age population (much less 5 times)

If all computers in the US were shut down by the international jihad (which we are at war against) by hacking or EMP attack, could we survive this ? What would we do if our national electrical grid were shut down and immobilized ? – and most of our law enforcement and military functions.

What about our food supply ? And our factories that turn animals and plants into food, and the trucks and trains that transport the food ?

And what about our water supply ? Would water treatment plants still function ? Or pumping which distributes water to homes and businesses ? Would hospitals shut down, leaving patients without care ?

Maybe the big question is how far into the world of computers have we gone by now, in 2017 ? How much reliance on these machines have we put ourselves ? And are we completely invested (including our fundamental national security) in computer functioning, or do we have non-computer BACK-UPS that can keep us going in the event on massive computer failure, throughout the society ?

Those of us who have lived for years before computers came around, remember that all the things I just mentioned functioned perfectly well, completely in the absence of computers. We know that computers are not necessary to run everything. We even won 2 world wars, without computers.

So, are we ready to resume the non-computer nation, or have all our non-computer systems disappeared, in the transition of computerization ? I’d say if the systems have disappeared, and no longer available as back-ups. Then we need to get them to reappear, and quickly.

abakus-grunder.png

On what do you base the statement >> "I would guess is 5 times what it was then." ?

Before computers, was the 1970s >> 225 Million. With today's population of 326 million, it isn't even twice the precomputer age population (much less 5 times)

I don't mean population I mean Watt usage.

Forum List

Back