What I would do.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
We always hear Dems say the other side has no Ideas, they just say no. So at risk of being attacked from Both sides I am going to lay out what I would do.

What I would do about the Economy and Debt.

First off, I would keep Individual Tax rates progressive like they are. With the highest Earners paying a higher %. I would Reform the Tax code to eliminate ALL loop wholes for Individuals so they are Actually paying the % we set. I might even be open to raising taxes on the richest amongst us.

As for Cooperate Taxes. I would slash them. Going on the theory that Cooperation's simply collect taxes we are paying by raising Prices and fees to offset any tax you put on them. Possibly to 0 for a short time to attract business back to the US. We have High wages but if we can be a very friendly tax environment it could help to offset that. So we could keep having high wages and not watch Businesses flee.

I would cut Capital Gains taxes to 0 for a short time, then cap them at 4% after that time. I would start a National Sales tax of 2%. This tax would not apply to food, and basic necessities, nor would it apply to services.

I would push to Legalize Industrial Hemp, and Marijuana possession for those over 21, and Tax it heavily. I would Invest in every type of Alternative fuel. From Nuclear plants, to Solar, wind, Hydrogen, Hemp and other bio fuels. As well as allow responsible Exploration and Drilling to continue. With strict over site from the Fed.

I would Repeal the current health care bill. I am not going to get into all the detail off my Health plan but here is a summary. I would remove restrictions on who you can buy insurance from, and make it so you do not have to worry about losing your carrier if you lose or change your job, or move. I would do TORT reform, and cap what attorneys can make in cases, as well as put a cap on some aspects of what you can get paid for when you sue. I would set up a government health insurance company for those who can not afford to pay any or all of their insurance cost. People would pay based on what their income level. The poorest amongst us paying nothing. Those who can afford their own insurance would not have to use the Government Company, and could if they chose but would pay full price. The idea would be that this government company would be run as an equal competitor to the 1500 Other companies. The same laws that stop Cooperation's from Under cutting their competitors to much or shamelessly taking a loss because they can to put their competitors out of business would apply to this government co. The aim being to keep the Government from using this company to drive Prices down unrealistically and kill Private insurance.

That is by far not all we could do about health care but is a start.

I would go through every part of the budget. Including Defense, and make common sense cuts on wasteful spending. Focusing on Streamlining Bureaucracy, where a lot of waste goes. I would allow younger people to start opting out of SS in favor of Privatized plans with Over site. While allowing those who have been paying in for a long time to collect SS.

I would continue to go after terrorist around the world with a combination of Special forces, Intel Assets, Law enforcement, and targeted air power. but I would Bring the troops home from Iraq, and Afghanistan and fully secure our borders. As an immediate way to combat unemployment I would build an extensive Double Fence system along the southern border hiring the Unemployed to build it. I would heavily patrol the border with manpower and Unmanned vehicles, and Intercept and immediately expel all people caught attempting to cross or enter the USA from anywhere illegally. Any Drug, Gun, or Human Smugglers Caught would be tried and sent to Gitmo for the duration of their sentence, and then Expelled.

I would pass Immigration reform, But it would not include any immediate Amnesty or Immediately citizenship for those here illegally. Undocumented people here now, Would be required to come in. Become documented, and begin the process of becoming Citizens. Only those with Felony Criminal Records would be Deported.(yes I know those with Criminal Records would not willingly come in) The rest would become legal Citizens after waiting the same amount of time as someone applying to come legally. They would have a deadline to come in, after which time they would be charged with a felony for not complying and be deported when and if they are picked up. During the wait those who chose to come in would pay taxes, and be treated as a citizen in every respect other than they could not vote until they become legal Citizens. As far as Guest worker programs and Quotas I would take a common sense look at the numbers and adjust them as needed.

Just some Ideas of one little guy who is labeled on the right anyways lol.

Last edited:
We always hear Dems say the other side has no Ideas, they just say no. So at risk of being attacked from Both sides I am going to lay out what I would do.

First off, I would keep Individual Tax rates progressive like they are. With the highest Earners paying a higher %. I would Reform the Tax code to eliminate ALL loop wholes for Individuals so they are Actually paying the % we set. I might even be open to raising taxes on the richest amongst us.

As for Cooperate Taxes. I would slash them. Going on the theory that Cooperation's simply collect taxes we are paying by raising Prices and fees to offset any tax you put on them. Possibly to 0 for a short time to attract business back to the US. We have High wages but if we can be a very friendly tax environment it could help to offset that. So we could keep having high wages and not watch Businesses flee.

I would cut Capital Gains taxes to 0 for a short time, then cap them at 4% after that time. I would start a National Sales tax of 2%. This tax would not apply to food, and basic necessities, nor would it apply to services.

I would push to Legalize Industrial Hemp, and Marijuana possession for those over 21, and Tax it heavily. I would Invest in every type of Alternative fuel. From Nuclear plants, to Solar, wind, Hydrogen, Hemp and other bio fuels. As well as allow responsible Exploration and Drilling to continue. With strict over site from the Fed.

I would Repeal the current health care bill. I am not going to get into all the detail off my Health plan but here is a summary. I would remove restrictions on who you can buy insurance from, and make it so you do not have to worry about losing your carrier if you lose or change your job, or move. I would do TORT reform, and cap what attorneys can make in cases, as well as put a cap on some aspects of what you can get paid for when you sue. I would set up a government health insurance company for those who can not afford to pay any or all of their insurance cost. People would pay based on what their income level. The poorest amongst us paying nothing. Those who can afford their own insurance would not have to use the Government Company, and could if they chose but would pay full price. The idea would be that this government company would be run as an equal competitor to the 1500 Other companies. The same laws that stop Cooperation's from Under cutting their competitors to much or shamelessly taking a loss because they can to put their competitors out of business would apply to this government co. The aim being to keep the Government from using this company to drive Prices down unrealistically and kill Private insurance.

I would go through every part of the budget. Including Defense, and make common sense cuts on wasteful spending. Focusing on Streamlining Bureaucracy, where a lot of waste goes. I would allow younger people to start opting out of SS in favor of Privatized plans with Over site. While allowing those who have been paying in for a long time to collect SS.

I would continue to go after terrorist around the world with a combination of Special forces, Intel Assets, Law enforcement, and targeted air power. but I would Bring the troops home from Iraq, and Afghanistan and fully secure our borders. As an immediate way to combat unemployment I would build an extensive Double Fence system along the southern border hiring the Unemployed to build it. I would heavily patrol the border with manpower and Unmanned vehicles, and Intercept and immediately expel all people caught attempting to cross or enter the USA from anywhere illegally. Any Drug, Gun, or Human Smugglers Caught would be tried and sent to Gitmo for the duration of their sentence, and then Expelled.

I would pass Immigration reform, But it would not include any immediate Amnesty or Immediately citizenship for those here illegally. Undocumented people here now, Would be required to come in. Become documented, and begin the process of becoming Citizens. Only those with Felony Criminal Records would be Deported.(yes I know those with Criminal Records would not willingly come in) The rest would become legal Citizens after waiting the same amount of time as someone applying to come legally. They would have a deadline to come in, after which time they would be charged with a felony for not complying and be deported when and if they are picked up. During the wait those who chose to come in would pay taxes, and be treated as a citizen in every respect other than they could not vote until they become legal Citizens. As far as Guest worker programs and Quotas I would take a common sense look at the numbers and adjust them as needed.

I think you have some very interesting ideas. I'm not going to pick them apart although I can see some problems. There is one thing I would definitely change in your plan. I could go along with lower Corporate tax but only if corporations were penalized for investing and hiring outside the US. Many large corporations are starting to expand and create new jobs. Unfortunately much of those investments and new jobs are going abroad.

I think you have some very interesting ideas. I'm not going to pick them apart although I can see some problems. There is one thing I would definitely change in your plan. I could go along with lower Corporate tax but only if corporations were penalized for investing and hiring outside the US. Many large corporations are starting to expand and create new jobs. Unfortunately much of those investments and new jobs are going abroad.

A penalty maybe, But the whole Idea is to give them reasons to come back, and give them less reason to move jobs away. The immediate effects of a temporary suspension of Capitol Gains and Cooperate taxes would be America becoming the Destination of Choice for New Investment and Business. Just announcing you were going to do it, would cause a bull market like you have never seen, and an influx of Jobs. Once we have recovered you then go to the numbers I suggested on Capital Gains and Cooperate taxes and you would see a massive increased in revenue, and still have a relatively Business friendly environment. This all has to be coupled with common sense not overly restrictive Regulations and over site of course.

Last edited:
Another Idea.

I would do everything in my power to encourage private investment in a revitalization of our Rail systems, and expansion of Both Freight and passenger lines. Even Burning Diesel a train is an incredibly efficient and relatively environmentally friendly for of transportation. both High Speed and regular rail.

I would in act Regulations that would require that in the future Power companies, natural Gas, Cable, Phone, and any others requiring lines and right of ways. Cooperate with each other so their lines can all run together along Rail and highway corridors. I have always found it stupid that we have power lines, phone lines, cable lines, etc, and we do not coordinate them to save space, and keep down clutter as well as be more efficient and save money on over head.

Another Idea.

I would look into reforming the current license system for companies who are taking our natural resources and profiting from them. If they are drilling US oil, or Gas, or Coal or trees or what ever. They need to be paying more to the People of the United states for them.

Another Idea.

I would push to have slightly longer single terms for all elected politicians, no more revolving door, only looking to the next election politics. I would reform Campaign Finance laws requiring Federal funding for 3rd party candidates that normally can not get beyond the primaries because of the ridicules spending power of the 2 big parties. I would require that the Major networks provide air time for debates and adds for all parties paid for by public funds to try and even the playing field. I would also severely shorten the campaign process by law. We have gotten to the point of perpetual Campaigning now and that means our officials are never really acting as an official, they are always a candidate.

Herein lies what you are doing correctly in this thread...

Just say KNOW.

Just say KNOW.

Well that was helpful. Troll

Just say KNOW.

How so? The statement was in support of your position of knowing what YOU would do.

I am befuddled by the last word in your statement.

The People should be the epitome of telling this regime of Statists NO...and debating real ideas and solutions as they are in power as in KNOW.

So what gives with the 'Troll' business?

:eusa_hand:

A penalty maybe, But the whole Idea is to give them reasons to come back, and give them less reason to move jobs away. The immediate effects of a temporary suspension of Capitol Gains and Cooperate taxes would be America becoming the Destination of Choice for New Investment and Business. Just announcing you were going to do it, would cause a bull market like you have never seen, and an influx of Jobs. Once we have recovered you then go to the numbers I suggested on Capital Gains and Cooperate taxes and you would see a massive increased in revenue, and still have a relatively Business friendly environment. This all has to be coupled with common sense not overly restrictive Regulations and over site of course.
The corporate tax rate seem quite high. However when you consider the tax loop holes and deduction it's not the burden that you might think.

I am quite sure a reduction in corporate taxes would send equity prices up but if a company is building its wigits in China and selling them at a big profit in the US and elsewhere why would they build a plant in the US and hire Americans instead of expanding in China? Cost would still be higher. However if the corporate tax was reduced for revenues derived from American manufacturing that could help.

U.S. corporations face the same tax rate on capital gains as on ordinary income. Implementing a reduced capital gains would be helpful provided that tax is strictly on gains from investments in the US.

the problem would be implimenting such a change(s) into a tax code so covoluted with beuracracy even NY lawyers run screaming from it....

as well as stifle those Congresscritters that thing free trade is a good idea . There are even those out there who's platform is inclusive of promoting free tradism. They do so because the general public , even in liue of all the boarded up ex-biz's here, is actually sold on the notion that competeing with someone in 3rd world sh*tholes making $.02 an hr is a GOOD thing

most cuts are in line with some sort of tradeoff, but then i suppose what is prudent would be what part of the economy to be stimulated, gains vs. sales tax? biz ventures vs. consumerism? a good debate there....

3 seperate issues, all valid.

however, the Fed, or should i say the blazingly shill Fed, is the root problem of all 3 here

addressing what is 1/6th of our economy via a shill governance has basically doomed us to it's paristical practice(s) of obsfication via corporatism

to revist this armed with the same isiotic formula would , imho, simply wok against it's basic intents , just as this go around did

againt, 2 seperate issues, albeit related to an overall budget.

we have an insane DOD slice of the pie, which when confronted paints the observer as lefty, loonie, or pinko

i say stop these people from creating foriegn policy, and by proxy we'll tourniqeut the arterial bleed they've insisted on

I'm all for defending our nation, but doing it honestly, and for the whole of us as opposed to the few would be refreshing. For instance, the term 'terrorist' is merely a 50's redux of red peril here.

examine the root of this, strip away that fear factor, and it reveals nothing more than global class warfare

one can't fight any enemy without first idenifying who and what it's all about

an apt start, what might be something of help would be to look at what other countries are, or have done....

Good plan. Difficult to eliminate those "loopholes" of course.

As for Cooperate Taxes. I would slash them. Going on the theory that Cooperation's simply collect taxes we are paying by raising Prices and fees to offset any tax you put on them.

Okay, then the loss of revenues will have to be made up in higher taxes thought other means.

Possibly to 0 for a short time to attract business back to the US.

But won't the higher taxes through other means repulse those owners of the corporations?

We have High wages but if we can be a very friendly tax environment it could help to offset that. So we could keep having high wages and not watch Businesses flee.

These corporations were not really running from high corporate taxes

They are running TO lower production costs.

I would cut Capital Gains taxes to 0 for a short time, then cap them at 4% after that time.

Okay. And how would you make up the lost tax revenue?

I would start a National Sales tax of 2%.

Now we're getting somewhere. So you would reduce corporate taxes, and impose them on the consumer and/or on the INDIVIDUAL TAXPAYER.

I understand.

This tax would not apply to food, and basic necessities, nor would it apply to services.

So is caviar not taxed because it is food?

I would push to Legalize Industrial Hemp, and Marijuana possession for those over 21, and Tax it heavily.

Thus people will continue to grow their own and the Black market will continue to thrive.

I would Invest in every type of Alternative fuel. From Nuclear plants, to Solar, wind, Hydrogen, Hemp and other bio fuels. As well as allow responsible Exploration and Drilling to continue. With strict over site from the Fed.

Sensible plan.. Hard to do, but I'm on board with us trying it.

I would Repeal the current health care bill.

Me too.

I am not going to get into all the detail off my Health plan but here is a summary. I would remove restrictions on who you can buy insurance from, and make it so you do not have to worry about losing your carrier if you lose or change your job, or move.

Sounds good but it won't work because the Insurers will hate it.

Suppose you go from selling shoes to becoming a worker in a coal mine.

Your health insurer might not WANT to take that risk.

Then what?

I would do TORT reform, and cap what attorneys can make in cases, as well as put a cap on some aspects of what you can get paid for when you sue.

That makes as little sense as wage and price controls.

The CAP is impossible to get right, just like the wage and price rates are impossible to get right

I would set up a government health insurance company for those who can not afford to pay any or all of their insurance cost. People would pay based on what their income level. The poorest amongst us paying nothing. Those who can afford their own insurance would not have to use the Government Company, and could if they chose but would pay full price.

Good idea...Let's call it Medicade or Medicare just the Democrats did when they enacted it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 60s.

The idea would be that this government company would be run as an equal competitor to the 1500 Other companies. The same laws that stop Cooperation's from Under cutting their competitors to much or shamelessly taking a loss because they can to put their competitors out of business would apply to this government co. The aim being to keep the Government from using this company to drive Prices down unrealistically and kill Private insurance.

Medicade didn't make the cost of HC go down, it made it go up.

It has already started. Before you were born, I suspect.

I would go through every part of the budget. Including Defense, and make common sense cuts on wasteful spending. Focusing on Streamlining Bureaucracy, where a lot of waste goes.

Everybody whose ox is not gored will be on board with that.

I guess there must be one or two Americans without an ox.

I would allow younger people to start opting out of SS in favor of Privatized plans with Over site. While allowing those who have been paying in for a long time to collect SS.

Good plan...where does the money come from for the existing SS benficiaries?

I would continue to go after terrorist around the world with a combination of Special forces, Intel Assets, Law enforcement, and targeted air power. but I would Bring the troops home from Iraq, and Afghanistan and fully secure our borders.

I like it.

As an immediate way to combat unemployment I would build an extensive Double Fence system along the southern border hiring the Unemployed to build it. I would heavily patrol the border with manpower and Unmanned vehicles, and Intercept and immediately expel all people caught attempting to cross or enter the USA from anywhere illegally. Any Drug, Gun, or Human Smugglers Caught would be tried and sent to Gitmo for the duration of their sentence, and then Expelled.

I basically like it. Hate the Gitmo idea, though.

So basically you're granting amnesty to those who are here illegally?

That's was Reagan's plan, too.

Based on your plans, I'd say you were supportive of pretty much the kind of government we have right now.

Only, you, just like me, want it to WORK better than it currently does.

Our problem isn't that we HAVE government, our problem is that we don't have a very good government.

Last edited:

*hint: commerce between other people doesn't belong to you .. so if you were smart you wouldn't do ANYTHING about other people exchanging goods and services based on mutually agreed upon terms, the fact that you'd even try means that you don't get it....

Sorry and thanks for playing.... the gub'mint don't create jobs and neither do you, even in your fantasies....

What goals are you going for with this one?

I was getting ready to attack your suggestions, but I fundamentally agree with most of it

Just say KNOW.

How so? The statement was in support of your position of knowing what YOU would do.

I am befuddled by the last word in your statement.

The People should be the epitome of telling this regime of Statists NO...and debating real ideas and solutions as they are in power as in KNOW.

So what gives with the 'Troll' business?

:eusa_hand:

Sorry sir, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were dismissing my entire post out of hand and saying the only accurate thing I said was the part about the party of no.

Thanks to everyone else who has responded. Like I said I do not claim to have all the answers or even the right ones. I just am so sick of everyone saying nobody but the Dems have any ideas. I am not sure if my ideas would be the best thing to do, but I am relatively sure what we are doing currently on nearly every front, Is not the right answer either.

I hope more people will read what I have posted and offer their own ideas, and solutions. We need more constructive Debate and less name calling and finger pointing. Ill respond in more detail to peoples comments about my Ideas later. Right now it is time to take the kiddies to the beach!

the problem would be implimenting such a change(s) into a tax code so covoluted with beuracracy even NY lawyers run screaming from it....
The only way would be to toss out the entire Code and start from Scratch, with an Eye towards making it simple and fair. Just the amount we spend every year trying to understand and comply and enforce the code is a travesty itself.

I'm all for defending our nation, but doing it honestly, and for the whole of us as opposed to the few would be refreshing. For instance, the term 'terrorist' is merely a 50's redux of red peril here.

examine the root of this, strip away that fear factor, and it reveals nothing more than global class warfare

one can't fight any enemy without first idenifying who and what it's all about

Call them what you want, If they want to do us harm I would fight them.

I would start a National Sales tax of 2%..

Now we're getting somewhere. So you would reduce corporate taxes, and impose them on the consumer and/or on the INDIVIDUAL TAXPAYER.

I understand.

In short yes. But then I believe as I have said that Cooperation's never actually pay taxes anyways. I believe that any tax you put on them is simply passed down to the end consumer with Higher prices and fees.

however the National Sales tax would be paid by everyone, from tourists, to illegal immigrants, and yes cooperation's. When A business buys supplies they too would pay 2% sales tax. Some but not all of what they buy would be considered Wholesale and therefore not taxed, but they would pay Sales tax on other supplies.

Okay. And how would you make up the lost tax revenue?

The idea is that the cuts made would spur massive economic activity and there for Growth of Revenues despite lower taxes. I also would be making massive spending cuts at the same time. I think we can all agree our budget and bureaucracy is rampant with waste and redundancy that we could trim.

Good idea...Let's call it Medicade or Medicare just the Democrats did when they enacted it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 60s.

Actually medicade/Care is not at all like my idea. With Medicare/caid everyone pays a small amount in. People who benefit from it do not pay according to their means they pay a small tax, People who can afford Insurance can not buy into Medicare/caid. Medicare/caid does not operate at all like a insurance company. Nor do they behave as a fair competitor to insurance companies. In fact what they do is force care givers to accept Low payments for care, who then make up the difference by charging more to those who can pay.

So basically you're granting amnesty to those who are here illegally?

That's was Reagan's plan, too.

Umm I seem to recall saying clearly that there would be no action on Immigration reform until the border was secured. Unlike when Reagan did it. I also seem to recall saying illegals here now would not be given instant citizenship, or blanket amnesty. Those with Criminal Records would be deported, Those with out would have to go through all the steps and wait all the time that a person applying legally to come here today would have to go through. A deadline would be set and any illegal who did not come in to be documented and start the process by that deadline would lose their chance to become citizens and be deported if and when they are picked up.

So is caviar not taxed because it is food?

Clearly I think some Items could be classified as luxury and taxed. The idea is to not burden the poorest amongst us with taxes on basic necessities of life. I like the sales tax because everyone pays. From the Citizen and business to a tourist or illegal alien, If they guy something from a store they pay.

Medicade didn't make the cost of HC go down, it made it go up.
Yes and As I said Medicade is not a true competitor to the Insurance companies. It operates at a loss, and forces doctors to take patients as reduced rates, which compels them to make up the difference when they have paying customers.

Based on your plans, I'd say you were supportive of pretty much the kind of government we have right now.

Most of my ideas have very little in common with the policies of our current government. IMO

And you call yourself a libertarian Charles? LOL.
no label fits me perfectly, Libertarian is just the closest IMO

Last edited:

Forum List

Back