What has the U.S. done that most angered another populace, rightly and wrongly?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
I couldn't think of a great way to phrase the title. Perhaps with an example...

The thing the Japanese did to most anger the U.S. was to bomb Pearl Harbor. Right or wrong, war was coming and that is what they have done to most anger us even though their actions in China were much more horrific. Perhaps a hundred men in D.C. figured we had it coming at Pearl Harbor and thought we would be ready for it but most of the population was caught off guard.

So for the U.S.......

That Texas independence thing must have been pretty annoying for Mexico......

No, our involvement in the Russian civil war? The bombing of Hiroshima just doesn't seem to have angered the Japanese that much....We have supported a couple pretty bad fellas in Central America....hmmm....

Just starting conversation off a current headline. Sorry for making you angry. Thought this would be a good change from the Rush is better or worse than Ted debates.

Just starting conversation off a current headline. Sorry for making you angry. Thought this would be a good change from the Rush is better or worse than Ted debates.

Angry?????? Not to put to fine a point on it but aren't you giving yourself too much credit? :eusa_eh:
I learned about that my freshman year in college, 1974, 75.
We've done a lot of things in our past that were pretty bad but one of the primary things that makes us look bad to others is our unofficial ambassadors, tourists.

Angry?????? Not to put to fine a point on it but aren't you giving yourself too much credit? :eusa_eh:
We've done a lot of things in our past that were pretty bad but one of the primary things that makes us look bad to others is our unofficial ambassadors, tourists.

Um..no.

Tourists are mildly annoying but come with cash.

Other countries don't mind our tourists.

They do mind our military. That kind of makes people a bit angry.

Um..no.

How do you see a world with the U.S. military re-deployed from Germany, Yokosuka, The Med, Okinawa, Guam, S. Korea, et al? The perception of U.S. strength is that of weakness and confusion due to the present CinC. It will get worse but still, no other country comes close.

A policy of non-interventionism would save money short term but would cost us later as the rest of the world de-stabilizes. I wouldn't mind a true isolationism policy including immigration but at some point we would have to start just taking what we need. That would really piss people off.

The rest of the world likes having us around a lot more than they, and apparently others, would like to admit.

Um..no.

Today isn't as bad but we used to come with attitudes also, attitudes that rival the French ego-centrism. Ever hear the term, the ugly American?

Forum List

Back