What has happened to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 225282

Last week....

A Florida man was arrested after sending mail bombs to prominent Democrats and Trump critics. His online activity was full of hateful rhetoric targeting Democrats and minorities.

A man with a history of violence shot and killed two African-Americans in a Kentucky Kroger store following a failed attempt to barge into a black church.

And Saturday morning, a man shouting anti-Semitic slurs opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue, killing 11 people attending Jewish services.

What is happening to us?

EVERY TIME, I disagree with a democrat, I am called a vile hateful name of some sort, such as racist or nazis.

That makes me very mad and makes me look at them as the enemy.

You want to stop the hate and division, stop believing that anyone that disagrees with you, has to be Evil.
Every time? I have never called you either of these names.

What did you call me?
Good question, you know the answer.

No, I don't. YOu libs tend to blur together.
Perhaps you should get glasses.

Build the wall and institute a fine for businesses who hire illegal foreign nationals... say $250,000 per head first.

Then I'll consider granting a pardon, for those that can pass a background check, with a ten year parole period for them to learn the English, US history, the Constitution, etc,... of the United States, along with their having no infractions during that time, for them to become naturalized.

Learn to compromise or I'm with the send them back and build the wall crowd.

Thanks for the demonstration that not all reason went out the window in this nativist frenzy - very welcome that - and for even mentioning "pardon".

Of course, we'd have to haggle about the details. You didn't think I'd see your threat to defect and just surrender, or did you? I also think the wall is a particularly preposterous boondoggle with no worth whatsoever. Remember the border between Gaza and Egypt? That's just a dozen miles or so, and still they didn't manage to control that border. What do you think will happen with thousands of miles? Also, the costs for that wall, devoted to helping Central America get on track, would do much more to curb immigration pressures than the wall ever could. And that's while net migration to the U.S. is negative, and has been for quite some time.

But you know as well as I do that the wall won't come, neither the business fine, and neither the pardon, unless the country turns 80% blue. Fat chance, eh? I, for one, also think that 11 million background checks aren't going to happen, either, but then, since we're doing pipe dreams in this situation - which didn't happen to us, it was brought about by the nation, collectively - why not? In the final analysis, I don't think the U.S. is a nation that is letting its policies guided by the aim to make as many as possible suffer, and to watch and gloat while it happens, even though at times exactly that seems to be the case.

Build the wall and institute a fine for businesses who hire illegal foreign nationals... say $250,000 per head first.

Then I'll consider granting a pardon, for those that can pass a background check, with a ten year parole period for them to learn the English, US history, the Constitution, etc,... of the United States, along with their having no infractions during that time, for them to become naturalized.

Learn to compromise or I'm with the send them back and build the wall crowd.

Thanks for the demonstration that not all reason went out the window in this nativist frenzy - very welcome that - and for even mentioning "pardon".

Of course, we'd have to haggle about the details. You didn't think I'd see your threat to defect and just surrender, or did you? I also think the wall is a particularly preposterous boondoggle with no worth whatsoever. Remember the border between Gaza and Egypt? That's just a dozen miles or so, and still they didn't manage to control that border. What do you think will happen with thousands of miles? Also, the costs for that wall, devoted to helping Central America get on track, would do much more to curb immigration pressures than the wall ever could. And that's while net migration to the U.S. is negative, and has been for quite some time.

But you know as well as I do that the wall won't come, neither the business fine, and neither the pardon, unless the country turns 80% blue. Fat chance, eh? I, for one, also think that 11 million background checks aren't going to happen, either, but then, since we're doing pipe dreams in this situation - which didn't happen to us, it was brought about by the nation, collectively - why not? In the final analysis, I don't think the U.S. is a nation that is letting its policies guided by the aim to make as many as possible suffer, and to watch and gloat while it happens, even though at times exactly that seems to be the case.

th

Then I suppose they all need to go back to their place of origin since you have no desire to compromise.

*****SMILE*****

:)

If you can't keep the fear mongers straight from those who are actually discussing border security, that's your problem, Olde Europe.

Refugees are not a problem of border security. Making it appear as such, framing the refugee problem as one of border security, is a clear-cut case of hate speech, as "border security" was always managed by shooting at those approaching. It is not surprising that our righty friends end up exactly with that "solution" to the problem. That you fail to realize that is decidedly not my problem.
Refugees are using loop holes to get into this country. Encourage at even more come. It is a matter of numbers and cost to this country. We cannot just take everyone in and solve all their problems........The reason they are leaving is because the gangs and cartels in their countries own their countries and they are very violent. They need to make a stand and fix their own country and stop running.

Unsustainable Population Increase

Calling that Hate Speech is utter BS.

If you can't keep the fear mongers straight from those who are actually discussing border security, that's your problem, Olde Europe.

Refugees are not a problem of border security. Making it appear as such, framing the refugee problem as one of border security, is a clear-cut case of hate speech, as "border security" was always managed by shooting at those approaching. It is not surprising that our righty friends end up exactly with that "solution" to the problem. That you fail to realize that is decidedly not my problem.
Why do you keep putting words in my mouth?

I did not.

Look, you are trying to make the case that it is possible, short of an imminent attack by Mexico, innocently to discuss "border security". That is not possible, and those who frame the refugee problem as a border security issue are fear mongers, as they are implying an imminent invasion. If that is not obvious enough, it should be pointed out time and again. Loudly, clearly, and until everyone got that. Finally.

I am sorry if you feel misrepresented, when all I am trying to point out is the implications of the kind of debate we're having, and the verbiage we're being made to endure. Refugees are humans - also a point that needs to be made often. The problem they are posing is one of treating them humanely, to muster the resources to house and feed them, and maybe helping their countries of origin to provide a safer, more humane living environment. Whoever brings "border security" in that debate dehumanizes refugees, makes them essentially disappear as humans in need, and hints at shooting and the ravages of war. That's just plainly what all that is. While I mostly, as far as I have seen, agree with you, in this instance I find you are catastrophically wrong, and I don't know whether it's naivete, or a case of BothSidism, or whatever.
I agree with you 100% that refugees are humans and we need to treat them humanely, muster the resources to house and feed them, and maybe help their countries of origin to provide a safer, more humane living environment. Beautifully put.
That does not in any way address the eleven million or so people that are in this country illegally and the many who continue to come and risk that tricky chance every day by sneaking across our border.
That is not refugees. That is people entering the country illegally. Some of them have been deported before, or have criminal histories in their home countries, and would not be permitted to enter. In any event, I think most of us would like to see the people who enter this country to live and work be checked out and enter the country legally with a work permit. Wouldn't you?
It is a numbers game..............more and more and more will come..............

And I've heard that song and dance helping their countries of origin to provide a safer, more human environment........The only way that happens with the gang and Cartels............is to take them out.............Militarily......they will not give up that industry.........their power.......without killing them..............It's that simple..........and why these people need to stand and fight for their own country...........They outnumber the Cartels enormously........stand together and end it. We don't need to keep fighting everyone else's fight.

Then I suppose they all need to go back to their place of origin since you have no desire to compromise.

Uh, I thought you wanted to compromise. I didn't realize the Damaged Eagle definition of compromise is, "Accept my diktat, or else!"

EVERY TIME, I disagree with a democrat, I am called a vile hateful name of some sort, such as racist or nazis.

That makes me very mad and makes me look at them as the enemy.

You want to stop the hate and division, stop believing that anyone that disagrees with you, has to be Evil.
Every time? I have never called you either of these names.

What did you call me?
Good question, you know the answer.

No, I don't. YOu libs tend to blur together.
Perhaps you should get glasses.

Perhaps you libs should stop being a hive mind.

Uh, I thought you wanted to compromise. I didn't realize the Damaged Eagle definition of compromise is, "Accept my diktat, or else!"

upload_2018-10-30_19-13-3.jpeg

I offered you a compromise. You made lame excuses as to why you won't compromise and why things couldn't be done. Hence the illegal foreign nationals are all free to go back to their point of origin.

*****SMILE*****

BTW... Now it's it's $500,000 a head for businesses hiring illegals and razor wire will be installed at the top of the fence.

Last edited:

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth?

I did not.

Look, you are trying to make the case that it is possible, short of an imminent attack by Mexico, innocently to discuss "border security". That is not possible, and those who frame the refugee problem as a border security issue are fear mongers, as they are implying an imminent invasion. If that is not obvious enough, it should be pointed out time and again. Loudly, clearly, and until everyone got that. Finally.

I am sorry if you feel misrepresented, when all I am trying to point out is the implications of the kind of debate we're having, and the verbiage we're being made to endure. Refugees are humans - also a point that needs to be made often. The problem they are posing is one of treating them humanely, to muster the resources to house and feed them, and maybe helping their countries of origin to provide a safer, more humane living environment. Whoever brings "border security" in that debate dehumanizes refugees, makes them essentially disappear as humans in need, and hints at shooting and the ravages of war. That's just plainly what all that is. While I mostly, as far as I have seen, agree with you, in this instance I find you are catastrophically wrong, and I don't know whether it's naivete, or a case of BothSidism, or whatever.
I agree with you 100% that refugees are humans and we need to treat them humanely, muster the resources to house and feed them, and maybe help their countries of origin to provide a safer, more humane living environment. Beautifully put.
That does not in any way address the eleven million or so people that are in this country illegally and the many who continue to come and risk that tricky chance every day by sneaking across our border.
That is not refugees. That is people entering the country illegally. Some of them have been deported before, or have criminal histories in their home countries, and would not be permitted to enter. In any event, I think most of us would like to see the people who enter this country to live and work be checked out and enter the country legally with a work permit. Wouldn't you?
It is a numbers game..............more and more and more will come..............

And I've heard that song and dance helping their countries of origin to provide a safer, more human environment........The only way that happens with the gang and Cartels............is to take them out.............Militarily......they will not give up that industry.........their power.......without killing them..............It's that simple..........and why these people need to stand and fight for their own country...........They outnumber the Cartels enormously........stand together and end it. We don't need to keep fighting everyone else's fight.
-------------------------------------------------- i like your post number 888 and its Kill the Gangs and Cartels advice . Kill them all in ALL in Military Action . Plus , get these third worlders some guns so they can help with the killing of their overlords .

View attachment 225795

I offered you a compromise. You made lame excuses as to why you won't compromise and why things couldn't be done. Hence the illegal foreign nationals are all free to go back to their point of origin.

*****SMILE*****

BTW... Now it's it's $500,000 a head for businesses hiring illegals and razor wire will be installed at the top of the fence.

Nothin' collective about this..............at all.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back