What Happens When You Import People Who Dont Believe in Multiculturialism?

I suspect that the argument against multiculturalism here is that it does not feed Euro-American white evangelical Protestant elitism.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with multiculturalism, per se. The world is growing smaller by the day, and we are mixing as a species more and more all the time.

Is there sometimes a clash of civilizations? YES.

Is multiculturalism bad? NO.

Poor author of the OP, got help from a really fucked up racist - or maybe two- here.
You know that when Steve McGarrett supports your position, you gotta problem.

Doesn't necessarily help to get the point across.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with multiculturalism, per se. The world is growing smaller by the day, and we are mixing as a species more and more all the time.

Poor author of the OP, got help from a really fucked up racist - or maybe two- here.

Just so.

The third world immgirants have been found to be more American than our far right social cons and neocon war hawks.

the immgirants who want to leave the third world and the 12th century behind... do just fine.

There are quite a few who do not want to leave it in the past.... but live in it.

It's not just that. We should time immigrations so as to allow further assimilation. If a population fills our schools with non-English speaking kids so as to cheapen education for the rest of our children we should just cut them off. Some of the worst schools in the US are filled with large non-English speaking populations preventing US born/English speaking children from advancing in their subject matter.

Relax. We have assimilated waves of immigrants from non-English speaking countries before in our country's history. They adapted and ultimately added to our nation's strength just as today's immigrants are in the process of doing.

The third world immgirants have been found to be more American.

Not when it comes to wetbacks who refuse to assimilate.

Or Americans who refuse to move forward into the 21st century.

Ah yes! Moving forward! Progress! Reminds me of the intellectual - I think it was George Bernhard Shaw - who visited the USSR in the 30s during Stalin's first Great Terror and came back to Britain withe the immortal line "I have seen the future an it works!"

Moving into the future = Stalin's Great Terror

Peterf should never use the word "intellectual" for the obvious reason

Moving into the future = Stalin's Great Terror

Not necessarily. But 'moving forward into the 21st century' is meaningless politicians' babble. Advancing in time does not always mean change for the better. Just as 'change you can believe in' is not a promise of improvement.

Your head is stuck way up your statistical ass apparently. Language divide, and other cultural divides divide us - imagine that. When people come to a country without any desire to assimilate it's culture, they are divisive; they remain alien, and are suspect.

Yup...stupid policy to allow the emigration of people who loathe everything your society stands for, I quite agree.

On this I find myself in agreement with plenty of you whose POVs I usually find personally repulsive.

It's not just that. We should time immigrations so as to allow further assimilation. If a population fills our schools with non-English speaking kids so as to cheapen education for the rest of our children we should just cut them off. Some of the worst schools in the US are filled with large non-English speaking populations preventing US born/English speaking children from advancing in their subject matter.

There is also a problem with poor English-speaking immigrants being hired as teachers. I had a class in graduate school, taught by a teacher from India, who, no one in the class could understand a word he was saying. Apparently, the school was afraid of being labled bigoted, so they hired this absolutely UNQUALIFIED guy. Result: students were deprived of education they were paying for, and the school's academic standing was tarnished. Just another example of the harms of immigration and multiculturalism.

That's Affirmative Action, multiculturalism, and Social Justice in a nut shell.

As well as liberals' pathological fear of being called a "bigot". :eek:

I suspect that the argument against multiculturalism here is that it does not feed Euro-American white evangelical Protestant elitism.

You suspect incorrectly. The argument against multiculturalism has nothing to do with the culture of any particular country. Someone could get into a taxi cab in any country, and if the driver does not speak that country's language (or speak it intelligibly), they've got a problem. This is just one example. Generally, nations have a culture. And when people come along who are of a different culture and do things differently, that causes difficulty for everyone involved.

This is why nations are nations, instead of whole continents of just one nation, Because there are cultural groups, who (primarily by language) can only coexist with one another.
Ever notice how the names of nations are the same as their language ? (England-English, Sweden-Swedish, Germany-German, Italy-Italian, Japan- Japanese, China-Chinese, etc

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, economic life, distinctive culture and language in common (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)

Last edited:
Americans overwhelmingly do not want an America where the thinking of the Publiuses and Protectionists have any impact.

And the fear of getting a teacher (in school) or a supervisor (at work) who you can't understand a word he's saying. Or the Muslim boss who fires you, because you brought a bacon sandwhich to work. Or the Caribbean family who sits out on their balcony (in an apartment complex) beating on their bongos. Or the family from somewhere in the 3rd world who invites you over for dinner, and serves (I don't even want to say it) :lol:

And the fear of getting a teacher (in school) or a supervisor (at work) who you can't understand a word he's saying. Or the Muslim boss who fires you, because you brought a bacon sandwhich to work. Or the Caribbean family who sits out on their balcony (in an apartment complex) beating on their bongos. Or the family from somewhere in the 3rd world who invites you over for dinner, and serves (I don't even want to say it) :lol:

Ranting, anybody. :lol:

You didn't need to go to Oslo, the GOP HQ could give you a better example.

A multiculturalists response to the failure of multiculturalism is to point the finger at those who are most likely between the two parties to warn us about the failures of multiculturalism. I don't get it.

I wish Mrs. Robinson (my 7th grade English teacher) was here to diagram THAT sentence.

Mrs. Robinson appears to be a complete failure imparting her wisdom to you.

Forum List

Back