What happens when there is no 'Gun Grab'??

Gun manufactures are loving this ... Dumb sheeple.

Yep. And, illegals, terrorists and crooks are busily stocking up.

Not for long, hopefully.

If you can run a credit card with your iPhone when making sales at a convention or show, you should be able to make immediate background checks at gun shows and not slow the legal sale of guns one bit.

Meanwhile, put one undercover ATF van out in the parking lot, and arrest anyone who failed the background check but sill tries to buy a gun out of some dudes trunk. Impound the car, destroy all the guns in the trunk, raid the dudes house and we're in business.

Ok, now say exactly what kind of systems that would have to be put in place to allow all those things to occur. I dare ya.

Last edited:

It's a birther thingy. Paranoid gun nutters will always perceive a "Gun Grab" - especially with a Democrat in the White House. Just imagine a BLACK Democrat in the White House...

We return to being vigilant in protecting our rights.

There really isn't some secret agenda by gun owners. I wish I could say the same about willing government slaves.

So, when nothing changes that directly effects you (assuming you're a law-abiding gun owner) then what will be your excuse?

What will you rage about then?

and lets say for argument sake.... if what these people are saying comes to pass in the next month.....what will you do Hazel?......stand up and question what these guys are doing....or roll over and piss your pants?....

If it doesn't happen, I figure we've won the battle for now.

Would you complain about having to fill out an extra form or a small tax on ammo that goes more efficient tracking of criminal gun trafficking?

I pay tax on ammo. I pay license fees, sales tax on weapons and the last rifle I bought required a 4 or 5 page form.
None of that did jack shit to prevent a crazy kid from shooting up a school.
What did you do lately to prevent a school shooting?

Last edited:
But asking someone to show photo ID at the voting booth is an infringement of their "right to vote" amiright?

False analogy.

**No Public Safety Issue with Voting.

A dozen states have legal photo ID laws on the books. Other states tried to enact last-minute laws that would have disenfranchised certain minorities--those laws were either struck down or extended until a reasonable period for voters to acquire proper ID.

If you're against any background checks at all, then you're on the fringie-fringe. Wa-aaay out there.

If you're so goddamn paranoid that you can't even show an ID when purchasing a firearm so the goddamn dealer can make sure he's not selling to a criminal or mental patient.

How fucking selfish can you be??

No public safety issues? You call electing barack obama a second time safe?

Ok, now say exactly what kind of systems that would have to be put in place to allow all those things to occur. I dare ya.

**Updated software, better coordination of data. Computers can talk to each other, information can be checked in much the same way the Credit Agencies do. Recent addresses, phone numbers, Soc Sec. #.

**County court criminal convictions can be automatically updated to the master NICS database in case the felon leaves the state and tries to purchase a gun.

**Better communication between social workers, law enforcement, mental health professionals.

**Why shouldn't the NICS list be linked to NCIC and allow local law enforcement instant access?

**When a court issues a restraining order, the individual should be given the opportunity to surrender any firearms. Before he leaves the courtroom, the sheriff should run his name though NICS to see if he's undergone a background check with in the last year.

**Merchants at trade shows can run a credit card with an iPhone, why shouldn't background checks be just as easy?

Re: Mental Health -- a system needs to be put in place that protects patient privacy while notifying NICS and local authorities in cases of schizophrenia, manic-dression, and major depression (because of the suicide risk). People with garden variety minor depression or anxiety need not be flagged unless they express suicidal thoughts--then it should be up to the therapists discretion.

Re: Pharmaceutical records for prescriptions for treatment of major mental illness and mood disorder--we need to weigh the persons right to privacy with the legitimate public safety interest. We don't want to scare people off from filling their prescriptions, but this would be an easy way to flag high-risk patients.

NICS should hold on to all background cleared check applications for 3 years.

Re: Online sales, there is no excuse for not doing NICS background checks. These would happen faster than human speed.

A more coordinated effort at identifying the typical path of a gun from legal to illegal. How are criminals that traffic guns across state lines for the sole purpose of selling on the street operating?

Like I said, once you are cleared by NICS, you should be given a document with your photo on it that allows you to bypass the background check for 360 days.

**how about tax incentives for gun dealers that keep sales records which may help police in an investigation.

**how about federal funds to states that follow a version of the California or New York regulations model.

Last edited:

It's a birther thingy. Paranoid gun nutters will always perceive a "Gun Grab" - especially with a Democrat in the White House. Just imagine a BLACK Democrat in the White House...

Black white, I don't much give a shit. Democrat is what my problem is. I never have been racist, but since you joined up here I've lost a lot of respect for Native Americans.

Forum List

Back