What happened to USMB?

If you check the number of members on-line -- it's increased DRAMATICALLY since May. I'd say by 30%.. There were more than 6 pages of members online last night before I gave up trying to be here. It just could be volume. Or the 100s of "bots" that scan and collate info from USMB. Any one of these could be a malignant form of DDOService type device.

Maybe Facebook is jealous of our growth. :113:

That is why I say that until we are told, we can never know for sure.
IMHO no because we are getting these situations too frequently, that either elchlorizo or one of the others gets here and then fixes the technical problem that is causing the general slow down or the 502 Bad Gateway and then we get it all happening again, to me this is something other than the server and that the frequency of it does suggest some type of DDoS happening.

If you check the number of members on-line -- it's increased DRAMATICALLY since May. I'd say by 30%.. There were more than 6 pages of members online last night before I gave up trying to be here. It just could be volume. Or the 100s of "bots" that scan and collate info from USMB. Any one of these could be a malignant form of DDOService type device.

If the number of connected users is causing the problem, you could do the unthinkable, a small yearly membership fee to cover the cost of better equipment. Or you could have a strict civility policy, no personal attacks on other users. Either one would probably solve the problem.

If they don't know what the problem is yet, then trying to solve it would be stupid.

If it is a too much traffic problem, then either of those choices would be a radical change to the business model that made them as popular as they are, and just might kill the business all together.

Good thing you aren't in charge.

I don’t start too many threads myself but there are people who start too many threads in my opinion. One poster has started 62 threads so far this month and we’re on the 15th. Many with zero replies; most with fewer than ten replies. I’m not saying you shouldn’t be able to start threads or have a limit but placing the limit around 60 per month (average of 2 a day) would be advisable it would seem if the issue is traffic. I doubt it would cause much of an exodus since this poster who has started 62 threads this month alone is not having too much of a splash anyway.

The membership fee would be the end of this.

a membership fee will turn most everyone away from any forum, period. = end of forum
Has anyone tried it? I agree, it would certainly reduce the number of members but if the equipment can't support the number of members, something has to change, maybe upgrading the equipment.

IMHO no because we are getting these situations too frequently, that either elchlorizo or one of the others gets here and then fixes the technical problem that is causing the general slow down or the 502 Bad Gateway and then we get it all happening again, to me this is something other than the server and that the frequency of it does suggest some type of DDoS happening.

If the number of connected users is causing the problem, you could do the unthinkable, a small yearly membership fee to cover the cost of better equipment. Or you could have a strict civility policy, no personal attacks on other users. Either one would probably solve the problem.

If they don't know what the problem is yet, then trying to solve it would be stupid.

If it is a too much traffic problem, then either of those choices would be a radical change to the business model that made them as popular as they are, and just might kill the business all together.

I don’t start too many threads myself but there are people who start too many threads in my opinion. One poster has started 62 threads so far this month and we’re on the 15th. Many with zero replies; most with fewer than ten replies. I’m not saying you shouldn’t be able to start threads or have a limit but placing the limit around 60 per month (average of 2 a day) would be advisable it would seem if the issue is traffic. I doubt it would cause much of an exodus since this poster who has started 62 threads this month alone is not having too much of a splash anyway.

a membership fee will turn most everyone away from any forum, period. = end of forum
Agree.

Has anyone tried it? I agree, it would certainly reduce the number of members but if the equipment can't support the number of members, something has to change, maybe upgrading the equipment.

I have been a member of many forums over the course of many years.
I can say that I have never encountered the connectivity issues that it seems most everyone here has experienced.
Nothing comes close to the issues here.
USMB is anomalous from my experience.

I think you’re right.

However, I used to donate periodically. I do not do so any longer.

The reason? I got into an argument with one of the mods once on a political matter (hard to believe, huh?). Anyway, after that, my posts started getting deleted. Once, a mod deleted one of my posts for “no content/trolling”. The content was a single USMB library emoticon. I’ve posted a single emoticon many times as had many others. Never once have I seen one get deleted. As for trolling; if trolling threads were deleted…little would get posted here after 5-10 replies. So there is that; I even brought it up to an alternate mod and asked them about it. They said that they “would not have deleted the post” meaning the enforcement is selective which is worse than no enforcement at all. Now, nobody knows the rules—not even the mods.

Again; their sandbox, their rules. But the flip side of the coin is my pocketbook, my money (when there is some in there…lol).

Last edited:
Shall we take this outside?

:) I enjoy some friendly banter as much as the next person.

But sometimes I wonder if I am the only member at USMB who doesn't enjoy insulting people as sport on this forum? And who doesn't find intelligent, civil, and non-juvenile give and take on interesting topics to be boring? I have trouble respecting those who deliberately try to derail or shut down threads by piling en masse into an otherwise good thread with personal insults, sound bites, assigned short one liners, to make sure no reasonable discussion occurs.

At the same time I have had some good discussions here at USMB but they are pretty rare. Evenso, I have made some seriously good friends here so it can't be all bad.
No, Foxfyre, you're not the only one. There are two of us.

The one thing I cannot understand about USMB and a lot of other message boards is the mentality that the person who doesn't agree with MY point of view is stupid, ignorant, brainwashed, indoctrinated, even evil. We see it in our society that those who disagree with a person declare him/her unfit and unacceptable and try to destroy him/her by banning from campus, aggressive, even violent protests, barring from ability to enjoy a meal at a restaurant or an evening at the theater, threaten or attack his/her employers, customers, suppliers, advertisers, etc.

This is played out throughout our society these days including these message boards. And to me who was raised and educated to understand and consider all points of view, and use logic and reason to separate the bullshit or wrong headedness from the good stuff, as the only way to truly be educated, this is a dangerous and even evil thing.
the person who doesn't agree with MY point of view is stupid, ignorant, brainwashed, indoctrinated, even evil.
Please don't kid yourself that it is any different on my side of things. The speeches by highly controversial speakers and shock jocks like Milo are security concerns, not censorship.
The horrible things I hear about "kneelers" and even that kid Hogg are just as nasty, perhaps moreso, than asking someone to leave a restaurant. Which happened how many times?
Just don't play a victim with that stuff. It is equally vicious on "your" side, although I don't really like to put it that way. I don't see you as the opposition; we just have different ideas.
It goes beyond...people who disagree are stupid

The problem with politics today is they look at the other side as pure evil. Therefore any compromise with the other side is also evil

I fail to see how either of what you suggest would solve the 502 Bad Gateway situation that this forum frequently has.

Also on point II what constitutes a personal attack? Some are THAT thin skinned that if for eg. they are called an IDIOT they would go Full On Drama Queen and go screaming they have been PERSONALLY ATTACKED. If someone wants a forum where IDIOT constitutes a personal attack then there are some other forums out there who have that Nannying approach to cater to the thin skinned.

So on point II no thanks, that is not the type of Nannying this forum needs and that would not in ANY form solve the 502 Bad Gateway situation.
I have no idea what caused the 502 Bad Gateway. I'm just going by the comments by flacaltenn.

I have found by years of experience leading and participating in discussion groups, civility toward other posters or speakers leads to more informative discussion. Some people have little interest in the ideas of the opposition but simple want tell the opposition to STFU, you lying SOB. That's ok with me except that it typically ends intelligence discussion. If you've noticed, there are a number of users who simply issue nothing but personal attacks without every adding anything of interest to the thread. It's not a matter of being thin skinned but simply wanting to participate in an intelligent discussion rather read post after post of personal attacks against other members. I really don't give damn what member A thinks about member B. It's almost always off topic and adds nothing to the thread. Possibly more civility might reduce membership but it might also improve the quality of the discussions.

"I have found by years of experience leading and participating in discussion groups, civility toward other posters or speakers leads to more informative discussion. Some people have little interest in the ideas of the opposition but simple want tell the opposition to STFU, you lying SOB. That's ok with me except that it typically ends intelligence discussion. If you've noticed, there are a number of users who simply issue nothing but personal attacks without every adding anything of interest to the thread. It's not a matter of being thin skinned but simply wanting to participate in an intelligent discussion rather read post after post of personal attacks against other members. I really don't give damn what member A thinks about member B. It's almost always off topic and adds nothing to the thread. Possibly more civility might reduce membership but it might also improve the quality of the discussions."

In general I agree, the problem though is it would reduce the forum to being less entertaining and pretty boring, I have no problem with if someone posts:

"WTF you idiot (and then posts On Topic with regard to whatever the OP topic is about)"

or "STFU moron (and then posts On Topic with regard to whatever the OP topic is about)"

I certainly do not want to read endless Novella type posts after posts where there is not some friction between members, also I add a few members of staff are prone to name calling in their responses.

"Possibly more civility might reduce membership"

Which is the last thing that Forum Foundry want, if membership was reduced then why would Forum Foundry even think USMB was worth continuing? So IF you want to destroy the forum then make it boring, reducing the membership equals end of the forum.
You have a good point. Never thought of it in that light. I have to admit some of our more colorful members do keep it interesting.

Well yes and also I am 100% in support of Freedom of Speech, I do not go along with this hysterical thing of those who Offend Someones Feelings need to be silenced.

I do not advocate deliberately hurting someone by commenting deliberately nasty things that you KNOW are going to hurt them.

What I do advocate STRONGLY is the Right to Freedom of Expression both in a political and social sense, that EVERYONE should be at least mature enough to TOLERATE opposing opinions on politics and social issues.

I am 100% Anti-Censorship because Censorship INFRINGES on a persons right to Freedom of Expression.

This:

View attachment 216613

This:

View attachment 216614
upload_2018-9-15_5-32-28-png.216614

Go to hell, Lucy.

"Go to hell, Lucy."

This is Freedom of Expression you have the right to say Go to hell, Lucy.

Off Topic: I add that today Kid E is now two weeks in age, what a darling also. What time is it? Oh that's right it's Martini O'Clock :)

Shall we take this outside?

But sometimes I wonder if I am the only member at USMB who doesn't enjoy insulting people as sport on this forum? And who doesn't find intelligent, civil, and non-juvenile give and take on interesting topics to be boring? I have trouble respecting those who deliberately try to derail or shut down threads by piling en masse into an otherwise good thread with personal insults, sound bites, assigned short one liners, to make sure no reasonable discussion occurs.

At the same time I have had some good discussions here at USMB but they are pretty rare. Evenso, I have made some seriously good friends here so it can't be all bad.

The one thing I cannot understand about USMB and a lot of other message boards is the mentality that the person who doesn't agree with MY point of view is stupid, ignorant, brainwashed, indoctrinated, even evil. We see it in our society that those who disagree with a person declare him/her unfit and unacceptable and try to destroy him/her by banning from campus, aggressive, even violent protests, barring from ability to enjoy a meal at a restaurant or an evening at the theater, threaten or attack his/her employers, customers, suppliers, advertisers, etc.

This is played out throughout our society these days including these message boards. And to me who was raised and educated to understand and consider all points of view, and use logic and reason to separate the bullshit or wrong headedness from the good stuff, as the only way to truly be educated, this is a dangerous and even evil thing.
the person who doesn't agree with MY point of view is stupid, ignorant, brainwashed, indoctrinated, even evil.
Please don't kid yourself that it is any different on my side of things. The speeches by highly controversial speakers and shock jocks like Milo are security concerns, not censorship.
The horrible things I hear about "kneelers" and even that kid Hogg are just as nasty, perhaps moreso, than asking someone to leave a restaurant. Which happened how many times?
Just don't play a victim with that stuff. It is equally vicious on "your" side, although I don't really like to put it that way. I don't see you as the opposition; we just have different ideas.

The problem with politics today is they look at the other side as pure evil. Therefore any compromise with the other side is also evil
It's our choice, each of us as individuals, if we think of others that way. A lot of that has to do with rhetoric and I have always felt, since I got here three years ago, that there is a cognizant force pushing the perception that "the other side" is evil.

Let's hope that stupid idea hasn't bubbled up to the Congress. If so, it won't matter in the least if the Dems take the majority in November. It will continue to be the same old thing, just a different side obstructing everything.

I think you’re right.

However, I used to donate periodically. I do not do so any longer.

The reason? I got into an argument with one of the mods once on a political matter (hard to believe, huh?). Anyway, after that, my posts started getting deleted. Once, a mod deleted one of my posts for “no content/trolling”. The content was a single USMB library emoticon. I’ve posted a single emoticon many times as had many others. Never once have I seen one get deleted. As for trolling; if trolling threads were deleted…little would get posted here after 5-10 replies. So there is that; I even brought it up to an alternate mod and asked them about it. They said that they “would not have deleted the post” meaning the enforcement is selective which is worse than no enforcement at all. Now, nobody knows the rules—not even the mods.

Again; their sandbox, their rules. But the flip side of the coin is my pocketbook, my money (when there is some in there…lol).

"Once, a mod deleted one of my posts for “no content/trolling”. The content was a single USMB library emoticon."

This was the emoticon :urinate:or no? :popcorn:

I have no idea what caused the 502 Bad Gateway. I'm just going by the comments by flacaltenn.

I have found by years of experience leading and participating in discussion groups, civility toward other posters or speakers leads to more informative discussion. Some people have little interest in the ideas of the opposition but simple want tell the opposition to STFU, you lying SOB. That's ok with me except that it typically ends intelligence discussion. If you've noticed, there are a number of users who simply issue nothing but personal attacks without every adding anything of interest to the thread. It's not a matter of being thin skinned but simply wanting to participate in an intelligent discussion rather read post after post of personal attacks against other members. I really don't give damn what member A thinks about member B. It's almost always off topic and adds nothing to the thread. Possibly more civility might reduce membership but it might also improve the quality of the discussions.

"I have found by years of experience leading and participating in discussion groups, civility toward other posters or speakers leads to more informative discussion. Some people have little interest in the ideas of the opposition but simple want tell the opposition to STFU, you lying SOB. That's ok with me except that it typically ends intelligence discussion. If you've noticed, there are a number of users who simply issue nothing but personal attacks without every adding anything of interest to the thread. It's not a matter of being thin skinned but simply wanting to participate in an intelligent discussion rather read post after post of personal attacks against other members. I really don't give damn what member A thinks about member B. It's almost always off topic and adds nothing to the thread. Possibly more civility might reduce membership but it might also improve the quality of the discussions."

In general I agree, the problem though is it would reduce the forum to being less entertaining and pretty boring, I have no problem with if someone posts:

"WTF you idiot (and then posts On Topic with regard to whatever the OP topic is about)"

or "STFU moron (and then posts On Topic with regard to whatever the OP topic is about)"

I certainly do not want to read endless Novella type posts after posts where there is not some friction between members, also I add a few members of staff are prone to name calling in their responses.

Which is the last thing that Forum Foundry want, if membership was reduced then why would Forum Foundry even think USMB was worth continuing? So IF you want to destroy the forum then make it boring, reducing the membership equals end of the forum.
You have a good point. Never thought of it in that light. I have to admit some of our more colorful members do keep it interesting.

Well yes and also I am 100% in support of Freedom of Speech, I do not go along with this hysterical thing of those who Offend Someones Feelings need to be silenced.

I do not advocate deliberately hurting someone by commenting deliberately nasty things that you KNOW are going to hurt them.

What I do advocate STRONGLY is the Right to Freedom of Expression both in a political and social sense, that EVERYONE should be at least mature enough to TOLERATE opposing opinions on politics and social issues.

I am 100% Anti-Censorship because Censorship INFRINGES on a persons right to Freedom of Expression.

This:

View attachment 216613

This:

View attachment 216614

Go to hell, Lucy.

"Go to hell, Lucy."

Off Topic: I add that today Kid E is now two weeks in age, what a darling also. What time is it? Oh that's right it's Martini O'Clock :)
I know I can say whatever without you melting. Vodka or gin?

This:

View attachment 216613

This:

View attachment 216614

Go to hell, Lucy.

"Go to hell, Lucy."

Never a Vodka Martini, always Gin Tanqueray No. Ten:

upload_2018-9-15_19-5-17.png

So for Martini O'Clock today I am having a Martinez. It's excellent to return to my Martini O'Clock now Kid E has arrived, no Martini's for nine months and now happily reunited with my Martini's :smoke:

This below is the original recipe that I hold to, it was first published in O. H. Byron's "The Modern Bartenders' Guide" from 1884 (I also love Harry Craddock's "The Savoy Cocktail Book" first published in 1930 and excellently illustrated throughout with Art Deco drawings)

The Martinez Cocktail:

50ml Tanqueray No. Ten, 30ml Sweet Vermouth, 10ml Dry Vermouth, 8ml Orange Curaçao Liqueur and 1 dash of Angostura Aromatic Bitters....shaken not stirred and garnished with an orange twist.

upload_2018-9-15_19-6-42.png

Server down for six hours
I used a server trace program and found some of the outages are from sister servers online. You do know there are no direct connection to the server. here is the route it take for my hook up
Address of Hop Name of Hop Location
10.8.8.1 (Private)
209.58.144.253 v116.ce02.dal-10.us.leaseweb.net Dallas, TX, USA
209.58.159.8 ae-2.br01.dal-10.us.leaseweb.net Dallas, TX, USA
66.110.57.129 ix-xe-8-0-5-0.tcore2.dt8-dallas.as6453.net Dallas, TX, USA
63.146.26.249 dax-brdr-01.inet.qwest.net Monroe, LA, USA
67.14.48.62 kcm-edge-19.inet.qwest.net Kansas City, MO, USA
65.116.97.218 Monroe, LA, USA
69.195.131.167 Kansas City, Missouri, USA

This is the final connection in the trace of USmessageboard.com
#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at: Whois Terms of Use
#
# If you see inaccuracies in the results, please report at
# Reporting a Whois Inaccuracy
#
# Copyright 1997-2018, American Registry for Internet Numbers, Ltd.
#

NetRange: 69.195.128.0 - 69.195.159.255
CIDR: 69.195.128.0/19
NetName: JOESDC-01
NetHandle: NET-69-195-128-0-1
Parent: NET69 (NET-69-0-0-0-0)
NetType: Direct Allocation
OriginAS: AS19969
Organization: Joe's Datacenter, LLC (JOESD)
RegDate: 2010-07-09
Updated: 2015-03-06
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/69.195.128.0

OrgName: Joe's Datacenter, LLC
OrgId: JOESD
Address: 1325 Tracy Ave
City: Kansas City
StateProv: MO
PostalCode: 64106
RegDate: 2009-08-21
Updated: 2017-01-28
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JOESD

ReferralServer: rwhois://billing.joesdatacenter.com:4321

OrgNOCHandle: JPM84-ARIN
OrgNOCName: Morgan, Joe Patrick
OrgNOCPhone: +1-816-726-7615
OrgNOCEmail: [email protected]
OrgNOCRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JPM84-ARIN

OrgAbuseHandle: NAA25-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Network Abuse Administrator
OrgAbusePhone: +1-816-726-7615
OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected]
OrgAbuseRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/NAA25-ARIN

OrgTechHandle: JPM84-ARIN
OrgTechName: Morgan, Joe Patrick
OrgTechPhone: +1-816-726-7615
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]
OrgTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JPM84-ARIN

RAbuseHandle: NAA25-ARIN
RAbuseName: Network Abuse Administrator
RAbusePhone: +1-816-726-7615
RAbuseEmail: [email protected]
RAbuseRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/NAA25-ARIN

RTechHandle: JPM84-ARIN
RTechName: Morgan, Joe Patrick
RTechPhone: +1-816-726-7615
RTechEmail: [email protected]
RTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JPM84-ARIN

RNOCHandle: JPM84-ARIN
RNOCName: Morgan, Joe Patrick
RNOCPhone: +1-816-726-7615
RNOCEmail: [email protected]
RNOCRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JPM84-ARIN

#
#
#
#

I have been a member of many forums over the course of many years.
I can say that I have never encountered the connectivity issues that it seems most everyone here has experienced.
Nothing comes close to the issues here.
USMB is anomalous from my experience.
From what has been said in this thread, it appears the connectivity issues are caused by the number of connected users (including bots) and/or the equipment. Possibly some of the connections are malicious attacks meant to disrupt service.

This:

View attachment 216613

This:

View attachment 216614

Go to hell, Lucy.

"Go to hell, Lucy."

Never a Vodka Martini, always Gin Tanqueray No. Ten:

View attachment 216684

So for Martini O'Clock today I am having a Martinez. It's excellent to return to my Martini O'Clock now Kid E has arrived, no Martini's for nine months and now happily reunited with my Martini's :smoke:

This below is the original recipe that I hold to, it was first published in O. H. Byron's "The Modern Bartenders' Guide" from 1884 (I also love Harry Craddock's "The Savoy Cocktail Book" first published in 1930 and excellently illustrated throughout with Art Deco drawings)

The Martinez Cocktail:

50ml Tanqueray No. Ten, 30ml Sweet Vermouth, 10ml Dry Vermouth, 8ml Orange Curaçao Liqueur and 1 dash of Angostura Aromatic Bitters....shaken not stirred and garnished with an orange twist.

View attachment 216685
You and I agree on Tangueray. I just pass the vermouth bottle over the glass, add a twist. I don't care if it's shaken or stirred, so long as it's cold.

This is the final connection in the trace of USmessageboard.com
#
#
#
#

NetRange: 69.195.128.0 - 69.195.159.255
CIDR: 69.195.128.0/19
NetName: JOESDC-01
NetHandle: NET-69-195-128-0-1
Parent: NET69 (NET-69-0-0-0-0)
NetType: Direct Allocation
OriginAS: AS19969
Organization: Joe's Datacenter, LLC (JOESD)
RegDate: 2010-07-09
Updated: 2015-03-06
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/69.195.128.0

OrgName: Joe's Datacenter, LLC
OrgId: JOESD
Address: 1325 Tracy Ave
City: Kansas City
StateProv: MO
PostalCode: 64106
RegDate: 2009-08-21
Updated: 2017-01-28
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JOESD

ReferralServer: rwhois://billing.joesdatacenter.com:4321

OrgNOCHandle: JPM84-ARIN
OrgNOCName: Morgan, Joe Patrick
OrgNOCPhone: +1-816-726-7615
OrgNOCEmail: [email protected]
OrgNOCRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JPM84-ARIN

OrgAbuseHandle: NAA25-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Network Abuse Administrator
OrgAbusePhone: +1-816-726-7615
OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected]
OrgAbuseRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/NAA25-ARIN

OrgTechHandle: JPM84-ARIN
OrgTechName: Morgan, Joe Patrick
OrgTechPhone: +1-816-726-7615
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]
OrgTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JPM84-ARIN

RAbuseHandle: NAA25-ARIN
RAbuseName: Network Abuse Administrator
RAbusePhone: +1-816-726-7615
RAbuseEmail: [email protected]
RAbuseRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/NAA25-ARIN

RTechHandle: JPM84-ARIN
RTechName: Morgan, Joe Patrick
RTechPhone: +1-816-726-7615
RTechEmail: [email protected]
RTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JPM84-ARIN

RNOCHandle: JPM84-ARIN
RNOCName: Morgan, Joe Patrick
RNOCPhone: +1-816-726-7615
RNOCEmail: [email protected]
RNOCRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JPM84-ARIN

#
#
#
#

Yeah Forum Foundry is out of Texas and I heard the owner of the company is named Joe.

Forum Foundry Inc | Better Business Bureau® Profile

It's our choice, each of us as individuals, if we think of others that way. A lot of that has to do with rhetoric and I have always felt, since I got here three years ago, that there is a cognizant force pushing the perception that "the other side" is evil.

Let's hope that stupid idea hasn't bubbled up to the Congress. If so, it won't matter in the least if the Dems take the majority in November. It will continue to be the same old thing, just a different side obstructing everything.

Sadly it is just as apparent if not more so in Congress than any other place. And that is really dangerous for our society and civilization.

I know it’s not the number of users on at any one time because the slow-downs are over night and presumably, most people are doing something other than posting on message boards at 0300.

Still can be related.. There's an amazing amount of self-scheduled "maintenance" for Xenforo that happens overnight. And this is stuff like tallying up everyones post counts, "award points", infractions, database compacting, etc. So it does get slow at night somewhat naturally, Not HARD down like it was, but that is now explained by my post a few pages ago. Because if there was material linked to a "bad host", it would probably hang up the maintenance as well. Especially if it was newly linked images.

And from the engine room, they're still trying to determine if there was any malicious intent from the "bad host(s)".

So we don't KNOW yet how much member loading is an element. Remember that we are carrying literally THOUSANDS of "abandoned accounts". These include the new members you folks scare away on their first day here in Intros :cranky: -- the permanently banned, and just the "missing".. And to some extent that adds to the normal auto tasks. We also haven't emptied the Main Dumpster since about ever. We have threads that are older than some of your kids, STORAGE isn't the issue, but SPEED might be.. Or TUNING all the variables for more speed.

Server down for six hours

That's a minor glitch. What the hell happened to the site though? In particular, what happened to the conservatives? Are there any left here at all? Are they all in hiding until Trump is gone?

Forum List

Back