What happened to ambient music?

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Used to be in the 80's entire FM stations devoted to the genre. Brian Eno, songs for airports.

(I actually spent a lot of money & time to find this vinyl album because it captivated me.) But I found it a click away on the internet...

Last edited:
Also in the 1970s- the FM stations in my hometown had NPR on the far left of the dial and an Alternative music station on the far right and in between ambient music. I put it up on my computer to help me relax and sleep peacefully. If not I will stay up all night.

Used to be in the 80's entire FM stations devoted to the genre. Brian Eno, songs for airports.

(I actually spent a lot of money & time to find this vinyl album because it captivated me.) But I found it a click away on the internet...

If that was playing all day, somewhere I had to work, it would make me want to kill somebody and escape.

Its there, it just moved mediums.

Get any music streaming service. I mean any of them. They ALL have ambient music stations that play nothing but ambient music in a thousand different types. Waves, nature, instrumentals, you name it there is a station for it.

Radio cannot compete with that.

Forum List

Back