What government programs have you benefited from?

Nothing that I can think of.. went to private schools, paid my own college tution and I basically support myself and have since I was 18. God forbid. And as for the notion that I enjoy well maintained roads and military protection, the former is arguable and the latter, I would hope so, given the taxes I pay.

Still waiting on thank you note from all the people I work to support so they don't have to work. Sounds like there are quite a few on these boards!

You pay taxes, but at the same time you receive military protection and maintained roads because of those taxes. Both Government Programs, therefore you benefit.

While it is true that everyone benefits from the interstate highway system, given that the vast majority of products sold in the United States are transported thereon, I should like to point out that anyone who has spent time on those highways is well aware of the utterly deplorable state many of them are in. So yeah, the government provides roads, but as is usual for the government, they do a shitty job of it.

I've driven up and down the east coast doesn't of times ... never had a problem with the condition of the roads.

Cecilie1200 sounds like a welfare queen. She has benefitted from government all of her life but is simply too stupid or too prideful to admit it. Tell you what, silly CeeCee. Go travel on a logging or quarry road if you want to benefit from private road construction. Goof ball.

You pay taxes, but at the same time you receive military protection and maintained roads because of those taxes. Both Government Programs, therefore you benefit.

While it is true that everyone benefits from the interstate highway system, given that the vast majority of products sold in the United States are transported thereon, I should like to point out that anyone who has spent time on those highways is well aware of the utterly deplorable state many of them are in. So yeah, the government provides roads, but as is usual for the government, they do a shitty job of it.

I've driven up and down the east coast doesn't of times ... never had a problem with the condition of the roads.

The east coast. I see.

Perhaps you weren't aware of it, but the United States is made up of 3,537,441 square miles, so there's a touch more to it than just "the east coast".

The east coast. I see.

Perhaps you weren't aware of it, but the United States is made up of 3,537,441 square miles, so there's a touch more to it than just "the east coast".

I also lived in Mississippi for a year and spent a fair amount of traveling around that region of the country. The roads were fine there too.

I haven't seen any first hand evidence to support your claim that, "anyone who has spent time on those highways is well aware of the utterly deplorable state many of them are in."

IMO, you are talking out of your rear end.

I did not fool around and try to catch up in this thread.

I am just saying OT that WE as in many of us are still to this day benefiting from WPA era projects.

The east coast. I see.

I also lived in Mississippi for a year and spent a fair amount of traveling around that region of the country. The roads were fine there too.

I haven't seen any first hand evidence to support your claim that, "anyone who has spent time on those highways is well aware of the utterly deplorable state many of them are in."

And since you clearly can't tell the difference between the words "many" and "all", what's your opinion worth? Jack or shit?

But if you want to believe our nation's highways are all as smooth as a baby's bottom based on "the east coast" and Mississippi, feel free. It won't sound any more pig-stupid than anything else that comes out of your mouth.

The east coast. I see.

And since you clearly can't tell the difference between the words "many" and "all", what's your opinion worth? Jack or shit?

But if you want to believe our nation's highways are all as smooth as a baby's bottom based on "the east coast" and Mississippi, feel free. It won't sound any more pig-stupid than anything else that comes out of your mouth.

I don't think they are perfect ... they are up to snuff though and far from "utterly deplorable."

You are delusional.

Sorry for raining on your parade and shutting down your lame, exaggerated claim with real life experience of driving on many of the nations highways for almost 15 years.

The roads began falling behind during the Reagan years as his administration turned away from its duties toward the nation's infrastructure. Nothing in the Bush years did much about it. Nonetheless, the interstate highway system is one of the successful government programs, and will be again, as long as it is not "privatized".

The Government has helped plenty of people and everyone has benefited from it from one time or another. However, nobody is saying you should just give yourself to the Government. The Government does plenty of things that you yourself cannot do.

The Government has helped plenty of people and everyone has benefited from it from one time or another. However, nobody is saying you should just give yourself to the Government. The Government does plenty of things that you yourself cannot do.

as do corporations

IMO, it seems to come down to this (in this thread). either its the government or private corporations that 'do' for us.

if not the government, then who? is it only corporations? if not corporations, then who? if it just us individually, who do we give our money to? what 'collective', what 'group'?

the government has helped me out at times most needed in my life. growing up, i benefited from others money that was taxed and given to a 'group' to help out others. but the help i grew up with was not a state welfare system, it was temporary, a neighbor helping you out while you got on your feet, if you will.

the theory of tax is (imo), you enjoy enjoy the protection of the tax collector. we see this in government, we see this when mobs 'ask' for protection money. there is no way that individual's can simply provide roads, it must be done as a group or some entity that you give money to.

if not the government, then who? my issue with the government, is how "much" i get taxed and how "much" of my money goes to those who simply expect it and how "much" of my money is not actually needed for the government to run efficiently.

The roads began falling behind during the Reagan years as his administration turned away from its duties toward the nation's infrastructure. Nothing in the Bush years did much about it. Nonetheless, the interstate highway system is one of the successful government programs, and will be again, as long as it is not "privatized".

you're such an awesome republican :lol:

you crack me up liberal democrat

I recall one or two libertarians...or conservatives (one won't admit to being either one) admitting they took government subsidized student loans, admitting they got back more tax money than they paid in, admitted that as kids they lived off of disability social security from a parents death, admitted they got free lunch because they qualified for it...and various other benefits and it got me wondering.

What government programs have you benefited from?

Here's my list, as far as I recall.

6 years of public school.
Clean water.
Uncontaminated food.
4 years publicly funded school buses.
Military protection.
Clear roads.
$250 from FEMA for hurricane damage.
Federally underwritten flood insurance.
4 years of publicly funded school for each of two kids.
1 year of bus services for 1 kid.
Scholarship for 1 kid underwritten by the state.

:eusa_eh:

And what is your point exactly?.......:eusa_eh:.....I don't have kids, do you know how many years I have paid taxes for education and never received one bit of the benefit from that. Now what is your point again?

Last edited:
"Privatization" has victimized the American taxpayer. It has put the most defenseless of our citizens -- the ill, the orphan, the elder care, the mentally ill, the prisoner -- at the mercy of their fellow citizens interested only in a profit.

The answer is liberal democracy, you loon, i.e., true Republicanism, not the laizzez faire system that victimizes everyone for business profit. Yurt, you are a loon if you believe that unbridled capitalism is Republicanism: it is not.

Gotta love all the booty strappy talk about a mystical land where if there were if there were just no taxes everyone would do the right thing with their money and all of things we collectively handle now would be magically taken care of.

Who said that?

What y'all don't realize is that the system is in place and that in order for things to be the way y'all wish it would be the system has to be completely dismantled. The problem is that systems and governments aren't dismantled without a lot of bloodshed and a dark age transition period after. You are willing to risk they lives and safety of our entire population for a PIPE DREAM based on the rosy way you look at the way things used to be before you were even born. And there isn't a guarantee that it would even work.

So it would take bloodshed to privatize things?

No, we are not going back to 1900. Yes, if businesses tried that, bloodshed would be the result.

"Privatization" has victimized the American taxpayer. It has put the most defenseless of our citizens -- the ill, the orphan, the elder care, the mentally ill, the prisoner -- at the mercy of their fellow citizens interested only in a profit.

The answer is liberal democracy, you loon, i.e., true Republicanism, not the laizzez faire system that victimizes everyone for business profit. Yurt, you are a loon if you believe that unbridled capitalism is Republicanism: it is not.

you yet again, show your true uber left colors. you create strawmen and hope to make your bed in it.

americans have been victimized by BOTH government and private parties. yet you, allegedly conservative and republican, find ONLY the private parties have victimized the american taxpayer.

your last paragraph only shows your ignorance. true liberal democracy = true republicanism.....why to you even bother to lie to people? do you think your points are better taken? why the deception? its stupid and actually harms the overall discourse.

No, we are not going back to 1900. Yes, if businesses tried that, bloodshed would be the result.

You really think businesses getting involved with highways or bridges would result in bloodhsed?

im%20calling%20bullshit.jpg

Forum List

Back