What GOD say about Marrage!

GISMYS

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2013
What Does God Say about Marriage?

Marriage is not an invention of man. God instituted marriage. According to God’s plan, man and woman together form the unit of humanity. A man or a woman alone is only part of an entirety.

“And the Lord God said, ‘It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him’” (Genesis 2:18).
“Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said:
‘This is now bone of my bone
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.’
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:22-24)
This text contains several beautiful statements.

Adam received his wife as a gift from God. In a sense it is still true that a man receives his wife from God. Solomon says:

“Houses and riches are an inheritance from fathers,
But a prudent wife is from the Lord” (Proverbs 19:14).
We also see that marriage is good. Solomon says in another place:

“He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favour from the Lord” (Proverbs 18:22).
We also see how strong the marriage bond is, so strong that they are no longer two but are melted together as one flesh.

This bond is so strong that God intended for it to be broken only by death. As long as they live they are to be one together. They may not separate. Jesus quoted this passage when He was asked about marriage:

“The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, ‘Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?’ And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning “made them male and female,” and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.’ They said to Him, ‘Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?’ He said to them, ‘Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery’” (Matthew 19:3-9).
In this passage in Genesis we also see how dependent man and woman are on each other. They need each other. Paul says:

“Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord. For as the woman was from the man, even so the man also is through the woman; but all things are from God” (1 Corinthians 11:11,12).
Marriage is an institution of God and is a continuation of His work of creation. Sexual desires are God-given. We should view our manliness or womanliness as a gift from God which we receive with thankfulness and strive to keep holy and pure in accordance with His instructions.
SAME SEX SEXUAL PERVERSION IS AN ABOMINATION.

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

Malachi 2:14,15 But you say, “Why does he not?” Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.

1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

The following is quoted from What does the Bible say about celibacy?

According to Paul, it is not a sin to marry nor is the sex act itself within marriage a sin (1Corinthians 7:1-7). This last verse, as well as verse 2, helps explain why Paul said the married state wasn't a sin, but it was a lower spiritual state than celibacy. Interestingly enough, Jesus gave similar reasoning to the disciples when they questioned His condemnation of easy divorce laws.

"For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother's womb . . . and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it." (Matthew 19:12)

Paul, in 1Corinthians 7, merely makes it clear that yes, indeed, those who aren't able to receive it (this teaching) aren't sinning when they marry to avoid burning with passion (1Corinthians 7:8-9).

Marriage is not an invention of man. God instituted marriage. According to God’s plan, man and woman together form the unit of humanity. Marriage is an institution of God and is a continuation of His work of creation.
◄ Hebrews 13:4 ►
New International Version
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Did you miss this post??????????? What GOD say about Marrage!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Does God Say about Marriage?

Marriage is not an invention of man. God instituted marriage. According to God’s plan, man and woman together form the unit of humanity. A man or a woman alone is only part of an entirety.

“And the Lord God said, ‘It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him’” (Genesis 2:18).
“Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said:
‘This is now bone of my bone
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.’
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:22-24)

Adam received his wife as a gift from God. In a sense it is still true that a man receives his wife from God. Solomon says:

“Houses and riches are an inheritance from fathers,
But a prudent wife is from the Lord” (Proverbs 19:14).
We also see that marriage is good. Solomon says in another place:

“He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
We also see how strong the marriage bond is, so strong that they are no longer two but are melted together as one flesh.

This bond is so strong that God intended for it to be broken only by death. As long as they live they are to be one together. They may not separate. Jesus quoted this passage when He was asked about marriage:

“The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, ‘Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?’ And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning “made them male and female,” and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.’ They said to Him, ‘Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?’ He said to them, ‘Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery’” (Matthew 19:3-9).
In this passage in Genesis we also see how dependent man and woman are on each other. They need each other. Paul says:

“Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord. For as the woman was from the man, even so the man also is through the woman; but all things are from God” (1 Corinthians 11:11,12).
Marriage is an institution of God and is a continuation of His work of creation. Sexual desires are God-given. We should view our manliness or womanliness as a gift from God which we receive with thankfulness and strive to keep holy and pure in accordance with His instructions.
SAME SEX SEXUAL PERVERSION IS AN ABOMINATION.

Did you miss this post??????????? What GOD say about Marrage!

Nope read through all the posts you have made on this thread but cannot find god saying anything about MARRAGE!

DIM LIGHT???? JUST A LITTLE SLOW???? typical!!!

Oh, I see, you are just a little slow!
Will give you a clue, read what you are cut and pasting and you will see how you spell MARRIAGE!
Buffoon! :lol:

Nope read through all the posts you have made on this thread but cannot find god saying anything about MARRAGE!

DIM LIGHT???? JUST A LITTLE SLOW???? typical!!!

Oh, I see, you are just a little slow!
Will give you a clue, read what you are cut and pasting and you will see how you spell MARRIAGE!
Buffoon! :lol:

SO ""MARRAGE"" MUST BE SPELLED OUT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND??? CAN'T YOU THINK AT ALL??? read that post again!!!

this is "marrage"" in my post===Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:22-24)

Adam received his wife as a gift from God. In a sense it is still true that a man receives his wife from God. Solomon says: He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
duh!!! if you have a wife you must have got married!!! huh???? ROFLMAO!

Girls_kissing.jpg

Burn in hell infidels!!!

Don't feel that way Gismo, just because you are semi literate it doesn't make you a loser. :)

GISMYS, I believe the way it works it that anyone who chooses to can accept Jesus Christ into their life and become a Christian. They can believe in their faith and live their life any way they want to, without your judgment upon it. God will judge individuals. If He determines those you hate as good Christians what does that say of you? You can quote the Bible all you want but that still does not make you the voice of God.

GISMYS, I believe the way it works it that anyone who chooses to can accept Jesus Christ into their life and become a Christian. They can believe in their faith and live their life any way they want to, without your judgment upon it. God will judge individuals. If He determines those you hate as good Christians what does that say of you? You can quote the Bible all you want but that still does not make you the voice of God.

WHY BE A COMMON LIAR??? I HATE NO ONE,NOT EVEN YOU!!! YOU CANNOT LIVE ANYWAY YOU WANT TO IF YOU ARE A "REAL" BORN AGAIN BELIEVER! If you are a believer you will want to live in a way pleasing to GOD!!! AND YOU??

Forum List

Back