What Global Warming?

Water vapor is not the cause of Global warming. Water evaporates into the sky causing clouds to form which actually block the sun. Infrared rays from the sun is the main mechanism for global warming. When the sun emmits an absurd amount of nuclear energy and radiation into space, it is the infrared rays that pierce through our atmosphere. But instead of bouncing off our mantle and releasing back into space, that energy is caught in our atmoshpere due to greenhouse gasses which are mosly compiled of CO2, which has a very long lifespan in an oxygen rich environment.

The CO2 is causing the trapping of infrared heat in our atmosphere. Fluctuations have happend in the past due to super volcano erruptions, which dont happen anymore.

You dont have to worry about global warming though, our oil production will be at a peak before anthropogenic global warming is a real concern. Which means, we will run out of oil before the earth is warm enough to cause a significant change.

Water vapor is not the cause of Global warming. Water evaporates into the sky causing clouds to form which actually block the sun.

From wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gases#The_role_of_water_vapor

"Water vapor is a naturally occurring greenhouse gas and accounts for the largest percentage of the greenhouse effect, between 36% and 66% [2]. Water vapor concentrations fluctuate regionally, but human activity does not directly affect water vapor concentrations except at local scales (for example, near irrigated fields).

Current state-of-the-art climate models include fully interactive clouds[3]. They show that an increase in atmospheric temperature caused by the greenhouse effect due to anthropogenic gases will in turn lead to an increase in the water vapor content of the troposphere, with approximately constant relative humidity. The increased water vapor in turn leads to an increase in the greenhouse effect and thus a further increase in temperature; the increase in temperature leads to still further increase in atmospheric water vapor; and the feedback cycle continues until equilibrium is reached. Thus water vapor acts as a positive feedback to the forcing provided by human-released greenhouse gases such as CO2."

If you research, you will find that water vapor is its own greenhouse gas apart from the effect cloud cover has on global warming.

I like you, but I must do my best to safeguard a high level of accuracy. Perhaps you are right that global warming is not caused by water vapor, but water vapor is definitely involved.

From wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gases#The_role_of_water_vapor

"Water vapor is a naturally occurring greenhouse gas and accounts for the largest percentage of the greenhouse effect, between 36% and 66% [2]. Water vapor concentrations fluctuate regionally, but human activity does not directly affect water vapor concentrations except at local scales (for example, near irrigated fields).

Current state-of-the-art climate models include fully interactive clouds[3]. They show that an increase in atmospheric temperature caused by the greenhouse effect due to anthropogenic gases will in turn lead to an increase in the water vapor content of the troposphere, with approximately constant relative humidity. The increased water vapor in turn leads to an increase in the greenhouse effect and thus a further increase in temperature; the increase in temperature leads to still further increase in atmospheric water vapor; and the feedback cycle continues until equilibrium is reached. Thus water vapor acts as a positive feedback to the forcing provided by human-released greenhouse gases such as CO2."

If you research, you will find that water vapor is its own greenhouse gas apart from the effect cloud cover has on global warming.

I like you, but I must do my best to safeguard a high level of accuracy. Perhaps you are right that global warming is not caused by water vapor, but water vapor is definitely involved.

Yes but water vapor is natural, it fluctuates. Water vapor is not capable of naturally causing severe global warming. When we are talking about anthropogenic global warming, C02 is the main mechanism.

Ofcourse water vapor is a factor of global warming but it is a natural factor that we can not control. That water vapor is interacting with non natural phenomena though. The water vapor in clouds and in the atmosphere is causing the CO2 to survive longer in our atmosphere. So yes you are right that water vapor does control climate change but it is not proven to have caused such a spike in tempurature that we have recently been studying. C02 is what sparked that recent tempurature rise because nowhere in history has it gotten so warm so fast. Granted it has been warmer before but not in such a short period of time as current scientific studys have shown.

Climate change is caused by water vapor, anthropogenic global warming is the cause of the recent spike. To be honest, science does not even have the technology to do extensive research on this phenomena. Time is the only thing that will tell.

If it gets hotter at this rate, obviously something must be done. If it cools down naturally as in the past, it was a false alarm. What people dont realise is we NEED water vapor just to keep our earth habitible. Its natural and its a must for human survival. Its the added c02 that we dont need which is causing such a spike in temperature known today.

Just look at it like this, you have a cup that is nearly full of water but it never overflows. Its natural and you need that water to be at that level to survive. You put a little coffie in it and it topples over causing a really fast and tragic event to possibly occur.

Same thing with climate change. Natural water vapor takes up most of the greenhouse gasses (more than 2/3rds), but has never caused a cataclysmic global change in weather patterns and tempurature since the last ice age which was arguably caused by supervolcano ash or asteroids. If you put that tiny bit of C02 in the mix, it has the potential to alter or effect global tempuratures in a devastating manner. Like overflowing a cup. Its disturbing the homestasis of the evolution of the earth (which has never before dealt with co2 on this scale).

Yes but water vapor is natural, it fluctuates. Water vapor is not capable of naturally causing severe global warming. When we are talking about anthropogenic global warming, C02 is the main mechanism.

Ofcourse water vapor is a factor of global warming but it is a natural factor that we can not control. That water vapor is interacting with non natural phenomena though. The water vapor in clouds and in the atmosphere is causing the CO2 to survive longer in our atmosphere. So yes you are right that water vapor does control climate change but it is not produced enought to cause such a spike in tempurature that we have recently been studying. C02 is what sparked that recent tempurature rise because nowhere in history has it gotten so warm so fast. Granted it has been warmer before but not in such a short period of time as current scientific studys have shown.

Climate change is caused by water vapor, anthropogenic global warming is the cause of the recent spike. To be honest, science does not even have the technology to do extensive research on this phenomena. Time is the only thing that will tell.

If it gets hotter at this rate, obviously something must be done. If it cools down naturally as in the past, it was a false alarm.

But I can assure you that since the industrial revolution, there are more amounts of c02 in the air than ever before and the vapor/oxygen is keeping it there.

I agree with you that recent global warming is primarily human induced, but out of respect for Jodylee's questions and concerns, I just wanted to point out that there is some disagreement over the extent/degree of human's responsibility for this. From what I have read today, there is evidence that increased solar activity (with attendent increases in the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere) may also play some role in global warming, although on balance, human inducement also appears to be a major, if not primary, cause.

I agree with your opinion generally. I just wanted to try to preserve the highest level of accuracy on this thread. It prevents others from pointing out minor inaccuracies to discredit larger arguments.

I agree with you that recent global warming is primarily human induced, but out of respect for Jodylee's questions and concerns, I just wanted to point out that there is some disagreement over the extent/degree of human's responsibility for this. From what I have read today, there is evidence that increased solar activity (with attendent increases in the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere) may also play some role in global warming, although on balance, human inducement also appears to be a major, if not primary, cause.

I agree with your opinion generally. I just wanted to try to preserve the highest level of accuracy on this thread. It prevents others from pointing out minor inaccuracies to discredit larger arguments.

Acuracy is very important on a subject like this but its very difficult because not alot is known about man made global warming. So we can agree that natural global warming is almost essential to human survival, but man made c02 may or may not be the cause of the recent spike, we dont know for sure but there is evidence that at least puts us on the right track for preventing it in the future. What we can agree on is that a combination of things must happen for the climate to change significantly.

exactly, so talking about a specific example of weather change in a particular area is usless, the only data to go off is long-term and global. sorry i've just repeated what you said.
but if we agree that the global temperature is going up, to what extent if any do humans have to play in this. and for me it comes down to the question, is Co2 causing temprature to increase. or is temperature causing Co2 to increase.

Well the data so far shows that CO2 increases lags behind temperature increase.

Which woudl indicate taht the presumption made by the like of Gore that the Co2 we are dumping into the air is not what is causing or not a major factor in the warming trend we are seeing.

Well the data so far shows that CO2 increases lags behind temperature increase.

Which woudl indicate taht the presumption made by the like of Gore that the Co2 we are dumping into the air is not what is causing or not a major factor in the warming trend we are seeing.

May or may not be, we dont know and wont know for another 20-30 years when our technology catches up. It could be a multitude of things from earths magnetic field slowly moving, which happend of years ago (the north pole used to be the south pole, magnetically ofcourse) causing severe climate change. Or at least there is evidence to support that claim, we dont know for sure. It could be increased activity in nuclear fusion within the sun, which emmits comsic radiation every second. It could be man made c02 trapped in the atmosphere. All of these are valid claims, and when we find out it will better prepare us on how to prevent a significant cosmic event.

'Early Show' Blames British Flooding on Global Warming
By Justin McCarthy | July 26, 2007 - 09:57 ET
With any weather related disaster, the mainstream media typically blames it on "global warming." This was no exception on the July 26 edition of "The Early Show." Upon reporting on the flooding in Britain, correspondent Elizabeth Palmer concluded her report blaming the disaster on global warming and predicting more to come.

"But most people think that with climate change, flooding like this, or even worse, could become common place here in Britain."

As if floods did not occur before the industrial age. CBS followed NBC's "Today" as correspondent Keith Miller blamed the disaster on "global warming."
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/justin...ames-british-flooding-global-warming#comments

I don't think that there that much disagreement about whether global warming is occurring. It is pretty clear that it is.

actually, its called climate change and has been occurring since earth formed.
I read somewhere that temps will change .1 degree over the next 10 yrs.
OMG! WE'RE GONNA DIE!

actually, its called climate change and has been occurring since earth formed.
I read somewhere that temps will change .1 degree over the next 10 yrs.
OMG! WE'RE GONNA DIE!

To be honest with you, thats actually alot. .1 degrees over 10 years would mean a full degree in 100 years, and 10 full degrees in a thousand years. Its fun to be sarcastic now, but a thousand years is a geological blink of an eye. That generation wont think its very funny. Especially if they find out climate change can be anthropogenically influenced.

But your right, your not gonna die. Someone else is. Lets forget about it and think of ourselves. yay!

To be honest with you, thats actually alot. .1 degrees over 10 years would mean a full degree in 100 years, and 10 full degrees in a thousand years. Its fun to be sarcastic now, but a thousand years is a geological blink of an eye. That generation wont think its very funny. Especially if they find out climate change can be anthropogenically influenced.

But your right, your not gonna die. Someone else is. Lets forget about it and think of ourselves. yay!

1 degree is not that bad. It is small and is MUCH less than the crackpots and loons are claiming, they are claiming 7 to 10 degrees. Even assuming the 1/3 of a degree increase over the 15 year period that has all the loons out in force continued it would be only a 3 degree increase in 100 years. The loons though claim it is a runaway effect and that temperatures will rise even faster. So I suggest a .1 degree rise is NOT in support of the great hoax we are being sold.

The most alarming changes are evident at the polar caps. Even the polar bears are drowning.

:eusa_dance: Picturing Steve Colbert haha.

Seriously though.

And you honestly think man is capable of stopping the effects?
If You believe man caused this ,why do you think man is willing to find a solution?
Lets get real- climate change is earth natural defense. The planet is not dying, we are. Also, if the left believed in their words, they would see this as a blessing. Mother Earth will be rid of us ,how is that a bad thing?

Alex Jones discusses global warming with gores buddy Rothschild Jr ,very good

Alex Jones Interviews David Mayer de Rothschild Part 3 of 5 - Find ...Floyd Mayweather Jr, NCAA Football, Sky Sports Football .... alex, jones, global, warming, rothschild, infowars, nwo, illuminati, climate, change ...
www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,133394276.aspx - 84k

Keep your delusions to your own forum please.

Forum List

Back