What Gas Would Jesus Use?

“Jesus cares more about your sin and burning in hell than gas prices.”

Really? How cute.

I tend to agree with the person who said God's house wasn't a house of merchandising. In fact, I seem to remember Jesus turning over tables because of that a couple thousand years ago.

The story was really short on details. Who was getting the discounts? The poor, who may really need them? Or everyone who asked? Or members only? Or people with long commutes?

gop_jeff said:
The story was really short on details. Who was getting the discounts? The poor, who may really need them? Or everyone who asked? Or members only? Or people with long commutes?

I think the point was that it was pretty gimmicky to play off the recent gas crunch people have been in.

The ClayTaurus said:
I think the point was that it was pretty gimmicky to play off the recent gas crunch people have been in.

True... but if they are giving gasoline vouchers to poor members of their church, how is that bad? I think it's what the church ought to be doing anyway. Now if they were selling these vouchers, that's a whole different story.

gop_jeff said:
True... but if they are giving gasoline vouchers to poor members of their church, how is that bad? I think it's what the church ought to be doing anyway. Now if they were selling these vouchers, that's a whole different story.
It wouldn't be bad so much as tacky. IMO.

Jesus would probably use any gas that got him to the place where he needed to go. One time, against PETA Dogma, Jesus even subjugated and rode an ass into a city. The PETA groups of the time didn't get there in time to paint his ass red in order to show their displeasure....

no1tovote4 said:
Jesus would probably use any gas that got him to the place where he needed to go. One time, against PETA Dogma, Jesus even subjugated and rode an ass into a city. The PETA groups of the time didn't get there in time to paint his ass red in order to show their displeasure....

It might also interest you to know that PETA is against kosher meats, which require that the animal be slaughtered in a way that drains it of blood as per Jewish custom. I mean, sure, it's more pain for the animal, but are you really going to tell the creator of the universe that he's wrong?

Hobbit said:
It might also interest you to know that PETA is against kosher meats, which require that the animal be slaughtered in a way that drains it of blood as per Jewish custom. I mean, sure, it's more pain for the animal, but are you really going to tell the creator of the universe that he's wrong?

They don't often talk about the PETA people lying on the side of the road after drenching themselves in tomato juice that were present in some of the stories. Much like nowadays PETA failed to make a large enough impact to be mentioned in the story, but back then they didn't have 24/7 news coverage that needed to be filled and paper was very expensive...

Forum List

Back