What Form Of Government Is Better Than A Constitutional Republic?

That’s completely wrong. The US became a melting pot because we had an entire continent to fill with people, so we imported people with similar world-views who self-selected by being willing to risk everything for freedom from their current rulers. Slavery had nothing to do with it because slaves were property. They had no rights and certainly didn’t have the same cultural world-view other immigrants did.
Their labor built it to a great extent.

So, we could look at reality, or we could look at the labels. I prefer to look at the reality, and that reality has a completely different system in place.
A new system of election but not a new form of government. The form of government is exactly the same. I fucking well live here and have voted under both systems.

I'm smart enough to know the folly of such a comparison
But dumb enough to think there are no objective measures for deciding the merits of a form of government.

Therefore all the forms of governments in the world must have equal status in your enfeebled understanding. No wonder the US system of government is dysfunctional, its citizens are loons.

Not to speak for others, but I measure the performance of any government by the prosperity, happiness, health, strength, and freedom of its populace.
And there are institutes that put out national rankings of those metrics.

Nations with variants of parliamentary governments occupy most of the leading positions.

Last edited:
But dumb enough to think there are no objective measures for deciding the merits of a form of government.

Therefore all the forms of governments in the world must have equal status in your enfeebled understanding. No wonder the US system of government is dysfunctional, its citizens are loons.

There aren't.

And your conclusion is specious.

All government have some good qualities and some bad.

When the governed are given some measure of power over the choice of their leaders is usually a good thing if they actually have that power.

As far as saying which type of those governments are "better" or the "best" winds up being a subjective argument about "happiness" or relative "freedoms"

Like I said people in the UK obviously are "happy" with a government that will arrest people for reading the "wrong" books or for carrying the "wrong" pocket knife.

Where I would never be "happy" with that

Like Cato's Human Freedom Index? That sort of subjective evaluation?
Yeah it's what the people at CATO think are the measures of government from their own political philosophical bent.

Like I said people in the UK obviously are "happy" with a government that will arrest people for reading the "wrong" books or for carrying the "wrong" pocket knife.
Lol. The UK is ranked at 17, barely ahead of the US at 19 on the national happiness scale. Neither of them make the top ten, which is populated mainly by unitary parliamentary forms of government. People in the US are obviously unhappy with easy access to firearms and white privilege.

Last edited:
And there are institutes that put out national rankings of those metrics.

Nations with variants of parliamentary governments occupy most of the leading positions.
Could be. But when those nations' population morph into 50% followers of Sharia ... then watch their forms of government crumble.

Yeah, we're going to go Sharia. Fer shure...

Islam Has Massacred Over 669+ Million Non-Muslims Since 622AD​

France teacher attack: Four pupils held over beheading​

Stories like the one above are increasing across Europe. Stabbings; acid thrown in people's faces; rapes of European women; and the list goes on.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
France teacher attack: Four pupils held over beheading
Well what can one expect? If only they'd adopt a unitary parliamentary government they'd be much better off. C'est la vie...

The Government of the French Republic is composed of the Prime Minister who is the head of the government and the ministers. A semi-presidential system of government characterizes the Republic of France, where both a president and prime minister shares executive powers.

How can you seriously put forward those subjective judgements after all your comments about how no useful judgement can be made?
Because it is MY subjective opinion and I am not telling you you MUST take my opinion as anything but that.

FYI your opinions of governments are YOUR subjective opinions but you want everyone to agree with you.

While you have none of your own. Fair enough.
I have my own but as you just said they are subjective just like yours and everyone else's and you can't seem to get that subjective shit isn;t a good metric for anything.

The idiots in the UK like that they don't really have freedom of speech and that the government will arrest them if they own the "wrong" books.

That one example alone illustrates how ridiculous you are being

The idiots in the UK like that they don't really have freedom of speech and that the government will arrest them if they own the "wrong" books.

That one example alone illustrates how ridiculous you are being
Just like the idiots in the US don't like their easy access to firearms and white privilege. Otherwise they'd be much happier.

Forum List

Back