What does taking the knee mean to members here?

To me taking the knee at sports events in lieu of standing for the national anthem is a sign of protest of how some people are treated by authorities and not a lack of patriotism or disrespect of the flag or military. Is that accurate?

No.

To me taking the knee at sports events in lieu of standing for the national anthem is a sign of protest of how some people are treated by authorities and not a lack of patriotism or disrespect of the flag or military. Is that accurate?

My personal view is that it's an inappropriate venue. There are other ways to protest current conditions or espouse your view point that won't be misinterpreted.

To most fans, it appears to be a sign of disrespect for the country.

It is an enormously stupid thing to do, given that they are pissing off the customers that pay their salaries.
And if it hurts the NFL's bottom line, well...being a business it will come down to tickets and ratings over a message.

"What does taking the knee mean to members here?"

Severe pain.

I only squat or sit. Never kneel...unless the kneeling surface is very soft.

My personal view is that it's an inappropriate venue. There are other ways to protest current conditions or espouse your view point that won't be misinterpreted.

I would disagree. I don't agree with it but I respect the flag enough to realize that they have a right to do so. What I hate is people who use the flag as a way to bludgeon their political enemies. That is in-American and in-patriotic. That is why a 97 year old veteran knelt in solidarity. I respect that.

Forum List

Back