What does it mean to be a Christian?

If you bothered to read my other posts, you would understand. Well, maybe you wouldn't, most Atheists have a hard time even getting passed Genesis.
Are you saying Christians are not worshipping the Jewish god? If not, what is your complaint?

Who are worshipping the Jewish god.
If you bothered to read my other posts, you would understand. Well, maybe you wouldn't, most Atheists have a hard time even getting passed Genesis.
I'm an atheist but I was raised Roman Catholic. I stopped being one at 17 when I asked. If I believe in the historical Jesus but don't believe in miracles or saints? Am I still christian when I find the historical Jesus somebody worth emulating but don't go for all the dogma?That teacher a nice religious person replied with an short no. At that point I figured,if Jesus would really be that much of a tightass it's not worth it.

Last edited:
Are you saying Christians are not worshipping the Jewish god? If not, what is your complaint?
I said nothing about the matter, I only pointed out that the rules in the old Testament were for Jews.

I'm an atheist but I was raised Roman Catholic. I stopped being one at 17 when I asked. If I believe in the historical Jesus but don't believe in miracles or saints? Am I still christian when I find the historical Jesus somebody worth emulating but don't go for all the dogma?That teacher a nice religious person replied with an short no. At that point I figured,if Jesus would really be that much of a tightass it's not worth it.
It requires faith. If you don't believe in anything the figure did, and don't actually believe anything in the book, aside from "this guy existed", you have little to no faith. Why should you get into heaven if you don't believe it's there? What's it matter to you? As far as you're concerned, there's no heaven to get into and there's no God in it.

It requires faith. If you don't believe in anything the figure did, and don't actually believe anything in the book, aside from "this guy existed", you have little to no faith. Why should you get into heaven if you don't believe it's there? What's it matter to you? As far as you're concerned, there's no heaven to get into and there's no God in it.
Well the way I see it if the OP is right I should still be Christian, because I fullfill the one condition, I think Jesus set a good example. You are right tough I don't really care. But this story and your respons is indicative of the biggest problem with religion. The moral world of religious ppl has nothing to do with being a good person, but everything to do with being religious. You say you follow Jesus and at the same time go against, what I consider my favorite parable, the one of the good Samaritan. The atttitude of I'm religious and therefore I'm moraly superior to you is the first step to I'm religious and therefore God orders me to kill those who don't believe. Wich has and is happening throughout history.

I don't. I have no opinion on any religious figures, I'm only explaining Biblical canon. Take that however you want.
Oh. How hard it is to distinguish opinion from no opinion when it comes to religious figures.

When Jesus arrived, there was a New Testament created for the Gentiles, so that they could enter Heaven as well. He died on the cross as the last sacrifice, for all sins, therefor anyone who believes in him can enter the kingdom of heaven. Those people are Christians.

So it would appear there are three ways to enter the heaven of YHWY. One for the chosen, one for the beneficiaries of sacrifice and one for the followers of the prophet. No doubt there will be perfect amity amongst them.

Seriously, go ask a priest or whomever, if it's in the Christian bible, it's relevant to Christians.
Are you making this shit up as you go along?
Funny that someone who has clearly never read the Bible is trying to act like they know everything about it. I don't need to ask a priest, Jesus' actions in the New Testament, the fact that there IS a New Testament, the fact that Jews REJECT the New Testament all reinforces what I'm pointing out. In fact, if you actually bother to read the Bible, the Bible itself explains this. The Jews were God's chosen people for spreading the word to the Gentiles, as such, he and Moses created laws for them to follow. That's in the old Testament. Those people were Jews. When Jesus arrived, there was a New Testament created for the Gentiles, so that they could enter Heaven as well. He died on the cross as the last sacrifice, for all sins, therefor anyone who believes in him can enter the kingdom of heaven. Those people are Christians.

Oh wait, you're an Atheist. Why do you even care? Didn't you just come into this thread to ridicule anyone that doesn't believe the same way you do, not to discuss Biblical canon?
I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against a god. And yes, I've read the bible. Everything in it pertains to Christians. You're just not one.

Church is one time then may been Christian after first visit after of baby weeks.

Forum List

Back