What does it all mean?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nakedemperor, Oct 9, 2004.

1. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    "I wasn't happy when we found out there wasn't weapons." -Dubya

Isn't the best-case scenario no weapons?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    What was he not happy about?

No weapons, or bad intelligence that claimed there were weapons?

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    only to a point. considering the slight possibility that weapons WERE exported to another country or group is enough reason not to be happy.

the other reason would be why did our, and the rest of the worlds, intelligence fail?

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    No, this is the worst case scenario. The Democrats are continuing to miss the major point here. Which is probably good for the President because they cant hit him for it then.

I dont believe our intelligence or the rest of the worlds intelligence failed. I dont think Saddam had that much control to decieve all his top men into thinking the had WMD. I have no doubt there were weapons of mass destruction. the man used them. he had weapons programs. He has plenty of weapons unaccounted for before the UN. Even Saddams own actions imply there were WMDs. If he had dismantled him that it would have been simple to provide the evidence to the weapons inspectors and document it in the report they had to file before the UN. if Saddam didnt have WMDs then he has got to be one of the dumbest rulers in history.

No, i think its obvious there had to have been WMDs so not finding them is the worst case scenario. the fact that we havent found them means they are still out there and possibly already in the hands of terrorists. If Kerry was smart he would be hitting the President up for incompetance for not finding the WMDs and possibly having let them fall into the hands of terrorists.

So i agree with the President. I am not happy we didnt find WMDs.

5. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    "I wasn't happy when we found out there wasn't weapons," Bush said. "But Saddam Hussein was a unique threat. And the world is better off without him in power. And my opponent's plans lead me to conclude that Saddam Hussein would still be in power, and the world would be more dangerous [if Kerry had been president]."

Sorry-- that's the whole quote.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    He is dead on in that quote. Thanks for posting the whole thing. the fact is if Kerry had it his way Saddam would be in power in Iraq and Kuwait. who knows where else Saddam would be.

7. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    I can see where you're coming from. I agree, to an extent. I'm not sure, and no one is, whether there were WMD in Iraq, only that we haven't found any. Although on the other hand, the likelihood that all the WMD-- every last vile, ever last tube, everything-- was destroyed or shipped out seems very small. If we HAD found WMD, how on earth would we account for it all? Could we say unequivocally, these are all the WMD Saddam had, and none of it got out or into the hands of terrorists.

I think this is the best case scenario in the sense that not find ANY WMD is the best indicator that they didn't exist to begin with, which obviously, is the best case scenario for everyone.

8. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I don't think Bush meant it the way in which you are asking. I think Bush is glad there were no weapons, but wished our intelligence would have been correct.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    The quote was meant to say one of 2 things. He was upset that we didnt find weapons because a) It meant that our intellignece and the world's intelligence had failed or b) that our intelligence was accurate but that he moved them to a 3rd party without ours or others knowledge. In either case, major intelligence lapses occured for the CIA as well as other world Intelligence agencies. This is definitely something to be upset about.

10. wade

wade Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Or the third possiblity:

Bush told the CIA what intel he wanted them to produce, and they produced it. They told him it was unsubstantiated but he didn't care. Bush was so sure that Saddam had WMD's that he was confident they'd find them and so he didn't care if the intel was verified or not. And he is dissapointed that he was wrong, but of course he cannot admit the truth.