What do you think of Trump admin. banning E-cigs?

I used to be a very heavy smoker. I tried my first ecig and never had another tobacco cigarette. Over the years I cut down the nicotine percentage to zero. I've been at zero nic since 2011.

And yet because a few people got fucked up by some illegal vapes they want to ban the shit out of something that is actually helping people.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly are vaping devices helping people?

It helps them get their nicotine fix without having to smoke or chew.
They're expensive nicotine delivery devices designed to keep people's addiction going, they also are known to contain other potentially harmful chemicals which can cause conditions like popcorn lung and angina (and who knows what else since research is scant) not to mention the "vape" is an aerosol which potentially has a whole host of negative long term effects.

Their advantage over tobacco is that they don't contain the tar or as many potentially harmful chemicals and they don't smell as bad.

I don't think they're "helping" many people, I think they're just an alternative delivery device that keeps the money rolling in for the tobacco industry (which owns most of the vaping companies) for one of the most addictive substances known to man and as a BONUS for the industry it's proven super easy to sell to KIDS.

IMHO the best HELP for people that just can't quit cold turkey are other nicotine replacement alternatives (i.e. patches) that are much safer.

If people want to use nicotine recreationally, who the fuck are you to stop them?
Who the said I was trying to STOP them from doing anything?

I have no desire to stop anybody from doing anything that doesn't harm other people, their property or interfere with their liberty, you can smoke plutonium for all I care as long as you don't expose anybody else to it. I'm just trying to look at the question accurately and not promote the fallacy that e-cigs are helping consumers because as far as I can tell they aren't, the only people that they're helping are Tobacco Companies and their shareholders.

"That’s right. You see, according to Cocteau’s plan, I’m the enemy. Because I like to think, I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech, freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy who would sit in the greasy spoon and think “Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the big rack of Barbecued spare ribs with the side order of gravy fries?” I WANT high cholesterol. I want to eat bacon, butter and buckets of cheese alright? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinatti in a non-smoking section. I wanna run around naked with green jell-o all over my body reading a Playboy magazine. Why? Because maybe I feel the need to okay pal?" -- Edgar Friendly, Demolition Man

More tyranny from the fed gov
No surprise
Obama banned flavored cigarettes.....

Nothing but crickets

Essentially Obama banned adding flavoring to cigarettes to make them more attractive.

Obama didn't ban the cigarettes themselves.

Think of it like the "attractive nuisance" laws.
Obama banned clove cigarettes.
They could not be sold in America.

A ban on flavored tobacco, as mandated by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, was implemented by the CTP on September 22, 2009. This law bans the sale or distribution of any cigarettes containing an artificial or natural flavor other than tobacco. This ban does not apply to menthol.

Do you have a problem with the president enforcing a law enacted by congress?

It wasn't even Obama's law, he inherited it.
If Congress voted for it, Obama had a choice to veto it.

You're right but the key word you said is MOST of it's active ingredients, exhaled "vape" is an aerosol with chemicals still in it. I don't want sit around and breathe that shit coming out of somebody else's lungs for any length of time regardless of how "nice" it smells, do you?

I'm not one of those rabid anti-smoking people either and I don't think e-cigs should be banned, just trying to look at the question realistically.

Well, that goes to where they can be used. Cigarettes generally have a huge exclusion zone. Not in federal buildings, in designated areas of restaurants only etc.

Vaping is often not location regulated, or at least not yet.

Personally I don't really have a problem with that since if someone if vaping or smoking, I'll go somewhere else, doesn't really bother me to move, doesn't happen that often.

And yet because a few people got fucked up by some illegal vapes they want to ban the shit out of something that is actually helping people.

They're expensive nicotine delivery devices designed to keep people's addiction going, they also are known to contain other potentially harmful chemicals which can cause conditions like popcorn lung and angina (and who knows what else since research is scant) not to mention the "vape" is an aerosol which potentially has a whole host of negative long term effects.

Their advantage over tobacco is that they don't contain the tar or as many potentially harmful chemicals and they don't smell as bad.

I don't think they're "helping" many people, I think they're just an alternative delivery device that keeps the money rolling in for the tobacco industry (which owns most of the vaping companies) for one of the most addictive substances known to man and as a BONUS for the industry it's proven super easy to sell to KIDS.

IMHO the best HELP for people that just can't quit cold turkey are other nicotine replacement alternatives (i.e. patches) that are much safer.

If people want to use nicotine recreationally, who the fuck are you to stop them?

I have no desire to stop anybody from doing anything that doesn't harm other people, their property or interfere with their liberty, you can smoke plutonium for all I care as long as you don't expose anybody else to it. I'm just trying to look at the question accurately and not promote the fallacy that e-cigs are helping consumers because as far as I can tell they aren't, the only people that they're helping are Tobacco Companies and their shareholders.

"That’s right. You see, according to Cocteau’s plan, I’m the enemy. Because I like to think, I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech, freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy who would sit in the greasy spoon and think “Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the big rack of Barbecued spare ribs with the side order of gravy fries?” I WANT high cholesterol. I want to eat bacon, butter and buckets of cheese alright? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinatti in a non-smoking section. I wanna run around naked with green jell-o all over my body reading a Playboy magazine. Why? Because maybe I feel the need to okay pal?" -- Edgar Friendly, Demolition Man

I have plenty of friends that have stopped smoking by going to vaping, and most of them have decreased their nicotine intake as they can finally control that via the dose applied to the vaping liquid.

The other question is if said companies are providing a product people want to use, and more importantly, is less dangerous than the product being replaced, what is the problem with a company making money for itself or it's shareholders off it?

I think they should stop Trump from banning flavored e-cigs until all the information is in, and they've had a chance to look at it scientifically.

This is not a monarchy, where the whims of the king are blindly followed.

We have professionals at the FDA that should decide this.

Personally I don't really have a problem with that since if someone if vaping or smoking, I'll go somewhere else, doesn't really bother me to move, doesn't happen that often.

That's fine if you're out in the open, and can just walk away. But what about being stuck on a line, and the guy behind you wants to smoke like a chimney?

I have plenty of friends that have stopped smoking by going to vaping, and most of them have decreased their nicotine intake as they can finally control that via the dose applied to the vaping liquid.
Uh-huh, so do I and that's after they've spent umpteen amounts of money on e-cigs and now suffer from problems like shortness of breath and heart-related chest pains, same type of things suffered by cigarette smokers.

Not so much "help" as extending the expensive nicotine addiction with fewer dangerous chemicals, if it facilitates them quitting then it has done SOME good but as I said there are safer ways to accomplish it if the person just can't manage to do cold turkey.

The other question is if said companies are providing a product people want to use, and more importantly, is less dangerous than the product being replaced, what is the problem with a company making money for itself or it's shareholders off it?

Do you have a reading disability or something? who the fuck said their was any PROBLEM with a company "making money for itself or its shareholders"?

Here's a lesson for you, stating REALITY isn't synonymous with criticizing it.

Uh-huh, so do I and that's after they've spent umpteen amounts of money on e-cigs and now suffer from problems like shortness of breath and heart-related chest pains, same type of things suffered by cigarette smokers.

Not so much "help" as extending the expensive nicotine addiction with fewer dangerous chemicals, if it facilitates them quitting then it has done SOME good but as I said there are safer ways to accomplish it if the person just can't manage to do cold turkey.

Do you have a reading disability or something? who the fuck said their was any PROBLEM with a company "making money for itself or its shareholders"?

Um, how do you know those issues aren't inherent from their previous smoking?

You are bitching about corporations making money. It seems you have a problem with that even if you won't admit it.

That's fine if you're out in the open, and can just walk away. But what about being stuck on a line, and the guy behind you wants to smoke like a chimney?

LOL,good point, those situations do happen from time to time, it's just one of those things you have tolerate as IMHO it's not worth getting into an argument over. On the other hand I've become fairly adept at avoiding situations where I'm standing in lines for any significant length of time... :D

I'm not a medical professional so I don't, however anecdotally; person smokes for many years turns to to e-cigs, vapes for a couple of years and suddenly develops chronic shortness of breath and angina (and this is in more than one case), leads me to conclude that the vaping wasn't exactly a best choice as an NRT as it's probably at least a contributing factor to the problems.

You are bitching about corporations making money. It seems you have a problem with that even if you won't admit it.
BULLSHIT, I did not BITCH about corporations making money, I pointed out that they were making money from these products which is what is known out here in the real world as telling the TRUTH, you should try it sometime.

I'm a pro-business, capitalist pig, why would I bitch about corporations legitimately making money?

E-Cigarettes vs. Nicotine Inhalers
As electronic or e-cigarettes continue to grow in popularity, researchers continue to study this device and how it compares to tobacco treatments that are proven safe and effective according to the Food and Drug Administration and practice guidelines.

The study included about 40 cigarette smokers, who had never used the e-cigarette or the nicotine inhaler. They were given each device to use for a three-day period and then asked to rate the products in terms of satisfaction, imagery, and how helpful they thought each device was in helping them to quit smoking. All responses were documented on a validated survey instrument.

Q: What did you and your colleagues find?

A: The e-cigarette scored consistently higher than the inhaler in all aspects of perceived satisfaction and reward, with similar side effects. E-cigarettes were more acceptable, had a “cooler” image, and were felt to be more helpful in smoking cessation. Despite a lack of evidence regarding safety and effectiveness, over three-quarters of participants said they would use the e-cigarette to quit smoking compared to less than one-quarter for the FDA-approved nicotine inhaler.

I'm not a medical professional so I don't, however anecdotally; person smokes for many years turns to to e-cigs, vapes for a couple of years and suddenly develops chronic shortness of breath and angina (and this is in more than one case), leads me to conclude that the vaping wasn't exactly a best choice as an NRT as it's probably at least a contributing factor to the problems.

BULLSHIT, I did not BITCH about corporations making money, I pointed out that they were making money from these products which is what is known out here in the real world as telling the TRUTH, you should try it sometime.

I'm a pro-business, capitalist pig, why would I bitch about corporations legitimately making money?

Then why did you phrase your pointing it out in typical progressive "CORPORATIONS BAD" semantics?

And your initial point ignores the fact that you don't know what the persons condition would be if they had continued smoking.

This isn't what's happening though. It's not older long term smokers getting shortness of breath. Those ex smokers are doing just fine. It's the young teens that are getting sick and dying. They add THC and vitamin A oil. That's where the danger is.

This isn't what's happening though. It's not older long term smokers getting shortness of breath. Those ex smokers are doing just fine. It's the young teens that are getting sick and dying. They add THC and vitamin A oil. That's where the danger is.

Economic Trends in Tobacco

I wonder if vaping can the real cause of this Trump Derangement Syndrome mental illness?

I wonder if vaping can the real cause of this Trump Derangement Syndrome mental illness?

Welcome to the topic, but as I said, intelligently discuss, you sound like my grandson who's still learning english.

Then why did you phrase your pointing it out in typical progressive "CORPORATIONS BAD" semantics?
ROFLMAO ! "typical progressive semantics"

Obviously you are experiencing acute, progressive contact poisoning and it is interfering with your ability to be rational.

Recommended cure: get out more and avoid exposure to leftwing dingbats for at least two months.

And your initial point ignores the fact that you don't know what the persons condition would be if they had continued smoking.
Yeah, I don't know what the person's condition would be if they had switched from smoking to snorting fairy dust either because unfortunately I'm not a clairvoyant.

What I do know is that symptoms developed after they were vaping instead of smoking for a significant period of time, symptoms which common sense suggests had a lower probability of occurring if they had say chosen for example, patches as an NRT instead of vaping.

E-cigs aren't a healthy option to tobacco, they're just a less destructive one, which ,over the long haul, may mean they're more dangerous because of the social acceptance factor and because we have people running around spreading the idea that they're "healthier" (which is exactly what a lot of kids think about them).

Forum List

Back