What do you think of Trump admin. banning E-cigs?

Good decision. By a dumb government.
Anyone that inhales smoke needs serious mental help, and we also need to criminalize vaping and smoking in public places....second hand smoking is as bad.

Vapes don't produce smoke.

If you are going to rail against something at least be technically proficient in understanding it.

We are currently in a non-scientific era.

And yet because a few people got fucked up by some illegal vapes they want to ban the shit out of something that is actually helping people.

I'm all in favor of regulatory control. But that means that a scientific study has to be done to consider the costs, benefits, and harm.

And if as was pointed out, people have moved from the far more dangerous real cigarettes to vaping, maybe they should change them to be available by prescription only, like marijuana is in some states.

Why?

This is an isolated case of a bad batch of illegal vape oils hurting people.

The issue with cigarettes has always been the smoke. Removing the Smoke removes the main issues.

I used to be a very heavy smoker. I tried my first ecig and never had another tobacco cigarette. Over the years I cut down the nicotine percentage to zero. I've been at zero nic since 2011.

And yet because a few people got fucked up by some illegal vapes they want to ban the shit out of something that is actually helping people.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly are vaping devices helping people?

It helps them get their nicotine fix without having to smoke or chew.

Nicotine was never the issue with cigarettes, the issue was the combustion products.

While they're at it ban:

Fucking edibles. I can't believe they make deserts of it. Who else likes desert? dogs, elderly and children. Don't tell me it aint left around the house either. I've seen otherwise. I know adults who think it's a game "oh look what I got, how fun). It's natural to consider candy candy,. Smoke a fucking joint or take a chill-pill, this aint Walt Disney.

All man-made recreational drugs. They're all toxic, can kill and disable.

I'm all for Capitalism, but this crap is lunacy.
Tough call-where does public safety begin and personal liberty end? Cigarettes smell and second hand smoke is a health hazard, while e-cigs have a pleasant aroma and no second hand smoke risks- yet cigarettes are legal.Flip a coin.

What do you mean "no second hand smoke risks" ??? It's an aerosol (which your lungs aren't exactly designed to breath) laced with NICOTINE as well as other potentially harmful chemicals.

You're right that e-cigs do smell better, they also don't contain the tar or nearly as many potentially harmful chemicals as tobacco, but make no mistake, if you're a non-smoker you don't want to breath that shit for any length of time.

That being said, I don't support banning them.

And if as was pointed out, people have moved from the far more dangerous real cigarettes to vaping, maybe they should change them to be available by prescription only, like marijuana is in some states.

Why?

The issue with cigarettes has always been the smoke. Removing the Smoke removes the main issues.

I was not aware of it being a specific product problem, the news sounded like it was a generic flaw of all e-cigs. But they did say there was no specific information, an no study has been done.

As I previously said, this should be a regulatory issue, which requires a scientific basis and public input before any action is taken.

While they're at it ban:

Fucking edibles. I can't believe they make deserts of it. Who else likes desert? dogs, elderly and children. Don't tell me it aint left around the house either. I've seen otherwise. I know adults who think it's a game "oh look what I got, how fun). It's natural to consider candy candy,. Smoke a fucking joint or take a chill-pill, this aint Walt Disney.

Tough call-where does public safety begin and personal liberty end? Cigarettes smell and second hand smoke is a health hazard, while e-cigs have a pleasant aroma and no second hand smoke risks- yet cigarettes are legal.Flip a coin.

What do you mean "no second hand smoke risks" ??? It's an aerosol (which your lungs aren't exactly designed to breath) laced with NICOTINE as well as other potentially harmful chemicals.

You're right that e-cigs do smell better, they also don't contain the tar or nearly as many potentially harmful chemicals as tobacco, but make no mistake, if you're a non-smoker you don't want to breath that shit for any length of time.

Sorry, I used to smoke and vape doesn't bother me.

While they're at it ban:

I just made another batch of brownies that are otherworldly. They take about 30 minutes to take effect.

This time I used a GS Cookie derivative and my "secret" is to add back a drop each of 3 different terpenes, a few drops of CBD oil and 300mg of citioline

As you know tobacco products emit smoke from both ends. e-cigs reduce the external emissions to far lower levels.
Unlike tobacco, second hand vape should have most of it's active ingredients absorbed by the smoker, and shouldn't be exhaled.

But I could be wrong.

Why?

I was not aware of it being a specific product problem, the news sounded like it was a generic flaw of all e-cigs. But they did say there was no specific information, an no study has been done.

As I previously said, this should be a regulatory issue, which requires a scientific basis and public input before any action is taken.

No, they are selling it like that. This was a local issue with probably one bad batch of vape oils.

I used to be a very heavy smoker. I tried my first ecig and never had another tobacco cigarette. Over the years I cut down the nicotine percentage to zero. I've been at zero nic since 2011.

They're expensive nicotine delivery devices designed to keep people's addiction going, they also are known to contain other potentially harmful chemicals which can cause conditions like popcorn lung and angina (and who knows what else since research is scant) not to mention the "vape" is an aerosol which potentially has a whole host of negative long term effects.

Their advantage over tobacco is that they don't contain the tar or as many potentially harmful chemicals and they don't smell as bad.

I don't think they're "helping" many people, I think they're just an alternative delivery device that keeps the money rolling in for the tobacco industry (which owns most of the vaping companies) for one of the most addictive substances known to man and as a BONUS for the industry it's proven super easy to sell to KIDS.

IMHO the best HELP for people that just can't quit cold turkey are other nicotine replacement alternatives (i.e. patches) that are much safer.

I was not aware of it being a specific product problem, the news sounded like it was a generic flaw of all e-cigs. But they did say there was no specific information, an no study has been done..

No, they are selling it like that. This was a local issue with probably one bad batch of vape oils.

If that's the case, this is really an enforcement issue. Whoever made it is supposed to supply the ingredient list to the FDA, and each ingredient in turn in regulated by the FDA for purity and efficacy. If somebody made a bad batch, there are regulations or laws meant to prevent that.

Enforce them, instead of adding more.

They're expensive nicotine delivery devices designed to keep people's addiction going, they also are known to contain other potentially harmful chemicals which can cause conditions like popcorn lung and angina (and who knows what else since research is scant) not to mention the "vape" is an aerosol which potentially has a whole host of negative long term effects.

Their advantage over tobacco is that they don't contain the tar or as many potentially harmful chemicals and they don't smell as bad.

I don't think they're "helping" many people, I think they're just an alternative delivery device that keeps the money rolling in for the tobacco industry (which owns most of the vaping companies) for one of the most addictive substances known to man and as a BONUS for the industry it's proven super easy to sell to KIDS.

IMHO the best HELP for people that just can't quit cold turkey are other nicotine replacement alternatives (i.e. patches) that are much safer.

If people want to use nicotine recreationally, who the fuck are you to stop them?

Are you caffeine and alcohol free?

I was not aware of it being a specific product problem, the news sounded like it was a generic flaw of all e-cigs. But they did say there was no specific information, an no study has been done..

If that's the case, this is really an enforcement issue. Whoever made it is supposed to supply the ingredient list to the FDA, and each ingredient in turn in regulated by the FDA for purity and efficacy. If somebody made a bad batch, there are regulations or laws meant to prevent that.

Enforce them, instead of adding more.

These were illegal pot vapes, I doubt the manufacturers are going to submit anything, or identify themselves willingly.

I don't think they're "helping" many people, I think they're just an alternative delivery device that keeps the money rolling in for the tobacco industry (which owns most of the vaping companies) for one of the most addictive substances known to man and as a BONUS for the industry it's proven super easy to sell to KIDS..

Maybe they should raise the minimum age to buy e-cigs to 21

As you know tobacco products emit smoke from both ends. e-cigs reduce the external emissions to far lower levels.
Unlike tobacco, second hand vape should have most of it's active ingredients absorbed by the smoker, and shouldn't be exhaled.

But I could be wrong.

You're right but the key word you said is MOST of it's active ingredients, exhaled "vape" is an aerosol with chemicals still in it. I don't want sit around and breathe that shit coming out of somebody else's lungs for any length of time regardless of how "nice" it smells, do you?

I'm not one of those rabid anti-smoking people either and I don't think e-cigs should be banned, just trying to look at the question realistically.

If people want to use nicotine recreationally, who the fuck are you to stop them?

Are you caffeine and alcohol free?

In the end, almost everything used in excess is harmful. The idea of banning anything should be based on good vs harm. And right now I know a lot more people who used to be heavy chain smokers switching to vaping than going cold turkey.

You're right but the key word you said is MOST of it's active ingredients, exhaled "vape" is an aerosol with chemicals still in it. I don't want sit around and breathe that shit coming out of somebody else's lungs for any length of time regardless of how "nice" it smells, do you?

I'm not one of those rabid anti-smoking people either and I don't think e-cigs should be banned, just trying to look at the question realistically.

Well, that goes to where they can be used. Cigarettes generally have a huge exclusion zone. Not in federal buildings, in designated areas of restaurants only etc.

Vaping is often not location regulated, or at least not yet.

Forum List

Back