What do you think of other people's patriotism?

Sep 12, 2008
All this flag waving and the like.... Is it only cool when we do it?

Actually, I wish the US did this kind of veteran's celebration here. This is the May 9th celebration from Moscow.
The song is really sweet. It is about a girl walking from the orchard to the bank of the river reading a letter from her boyfriend on the front lines, and the wish that the two of them could get together on some near tomorrow.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabYYdQkS58&feature=related"]Romantic dreams[/ame]

How do you make that leap? I like it here.

I don't like Hollywood, but that is not the same thing.

It depends on the person, I tend to roll my eyes at the fervent hardcore patriots that wave the flag no matter what upon finding out they never were patriotic enough to wear the country's uniform, not a big fan of these type of cheerleaders.

No one has the right to question anyone else's patriotism.

Actually, I think Ravi does.

I think of America as a state of mind rather than a specific piece of geography. And one of the things that makes America what it is, is we have the right to ask questions like this.

You do have the right to resent this, as in many cases people who do this have scams of their own going. Which works both ways.

There are people who have their patriotism questioned when they want to know why the government is doing stupid and counterproductive things, and there are people who have their patriotism questioned when they inquire into why the president give military contracts to his buds in a no bid situation, and there are those who question the patriotism of an opponent of legislation they like. That kind of question is out of line.

But Ravi's question might have some reason, as I seem to post mostly Russian music (I don't like much of anything post 1975 in English, and pre 1975 I mostly like Motown style. This is because most recent music is to me gynecological, misogynistic and little more than an electronic katzenjammer.) use Japanese Avis (I like Karin and Sora, what can I say?) have a name in a foreign language and usually refer to POTUS in a play on sounds as an Egyptian king noted for his vanity and self destructive narcism. ( really think it fits.)

America is cool because of its freedoms. And freedom to question almost amounts to a patriotic duty, up there with Jury service and other unpleasant tasks.

No one has the right to question anyone else's patriotism.

Actually, I think Ravi does.

I think of America as a state of mind rather than a specific piece of geography. And one of the things that makes America what it is, is we have the right to ask questions like this.

You do have the right to resent this, as in many cases people who do this have scams of their own going. Which works both ways.

There are people who have their patriotism questioned when they want to know why the government is doing stupid and counterproductive things, and there are people who have their patriotism questioned when they inquire into why the president give military contracts to his buds in a no bid situation, and there are those who question the patriotism of an opponent of legislation they like. That kind of question is out of line.

But Ravi's question might have some reason, as I seem to post mostly Russian music (I don't like much of anything post 1975 in English, and pre 1975 I mostly like Motown style. This is because most recent music is to me gynecological, misogynistic and little more than an electronic katzenjammer.) use Japanese Avis (I like Karin and Sora, what can I say?) have a name in a foreign language and usually refer to POTUS in a play on sounds as an Egyptian king noted for his vanity and self destructive narcism. ( really think it fits.)

America is cool because of its freedoms. And freedom to question almost amounts to a patriotic duty, up there with Jury service and other unpleasant tasks.
lol...it was a joke. I was asked that question repeatedly by rightwingloons from 2004 to 2009. Did you not notice that anyone that questioned policy was asked that question?

Forum List

Back