What do you think about Trump's comments about Mexican immigrants?

I don't understand why he is always bashed for his views. Seems like the main media outlets are doing everything possible to discredit Donald Trump. Not a single candidate is attacked so frequently. Maybe it's because he has his own opinion on things? Anyway, if you look at crime and immigration rates he is right. The majority of crimes are being performed by illegals and everyone understands that.

I don't think I could vote for him but he was spot on with his comments.

Illegals are trafficking massive amounts of Meth into our country, killing and destroying our young people. You won't hear the asshole liberals talking about it, you won't hear about it in the MSM News, but National Geographic produce a documentary on it.

After illegals break our laws coming here, they continue to break our laws. They drive without a license or insurance, drive drunk, and kill and maim our citizens in accidents. I personally know someone who was about to begin her retirement, instead she was broad sided by an illegal drunk, nearly died 3 times, endured 8 surgeries, and will never be the same.

Illegals have no respect for our laws, they willingly scam American taxpayers out of over $4 billion dollars a year in fraudulent tax refunds. Did you get a $8,000 to $12,000 tax refund from the Federal government? Many illegals did.

Are these really the immigrants we should be granting citizenship to?

...and again, no links. just regurgitated Fox News rants......

Sigh....

"...GAO estimates that the criminal aliens had an
average of 7 arrests, 65 percent were arrested at least once for an immigration
offense, and about 50 percent were arrested at least once for a drug offense.
Immigration, drugs, and traffic violations accounted for about 50 percent of
arrest offenses. About 90 percent of the criminal aliens sentenced in federal
court in fiscal year 2009 (the most recently available data) were convicted of
immigration and drug-related offenses. About 40 percent of individuals
convicted as a result of DOJ terrorism-related investigations were aliens.
SCAAP criminal aliens incarcerated in selected state prison systems in
Arizona, California, Florida, New York, and Texas were convicted of various
offenses in fiscal year 2008 (the most recently available data at the time of
GAO’s analysis). The highest percentage of convictions for criminal aliens
incarcerated in four of these states was for drug-related offenses. Homicide
resulted in the most primary offense convictions for SCAAP criminal aliens in
the fifth state—New York—in fiscal year 2008.
"

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11187.pdf

"Statistical studies regarding illegal aliens and criminal activity are few and far between. But in a 2007 Government Accountability Office study of a sample population of 55,322 illegal aliens, analysts discovered that:

* They were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than one arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Most of the arrests occurred after 1990.

* They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien. One arrest incident may include multiple offenses, a fact that explains why there are nearly one and half times more offenses than arrests.

* Almost all of these illegal aliens were arrested for more than 1 offense. Slightly more than half of the 55,322 illegal aliens had between 2 and 10 offenses. About 45 percent of all offenses were drug or immigration offenses. About 15 percent were property-related offenses such as burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and property damage. About 12 percent were for violent offenses such as murder, robbery, assault, and sex-related crimes. The balance was for such other offenses as traffic violations, including driving under the influence; fraud--including forgery and counterfeiting; weapons violations; and obstruction of justice.

* Eighty percent of all arrests occurred in three states--California, Texas, and Arizona. Specifically, about 58 percent of all arrests occurred in California, 14 percent in Texas, and 8 percent in Arizona."

Illegal Aliens and Crime Statistics not on Obama s side - National public safety Examiner.com

"For fiscal year 2011 the Office of Immigration Statistics reported that there were 188,382 deportations ("removals") of criminal illegal immigrants ("aliens").5 Of these, 23 percent had committed drug-related offenses (manufacturing, distribution, sale, and possession of illegal drugs). Another 23 percent had committed criminal traffic offenses (primarily driving under the influence).6 The next largest category, at 20 percent, was immigration offenses such as illegal reentry after deportation. The violent crime categories of assault, robbery, sexual assault, and family offenses totaled 12 percent. The non-violent crime categories of larceny, fraud, and burglary totaled 7 percent...Out of the 188,382 criminal aliens deported in 2011, at least 86,699, or 46 percent, had been deported earlier and had illegally returned to the United States."

The Revolving Door Center for Immigration Studies

So the criminality of the population that you are quoting is high. Well, considering that the population that you are using in your statistics are deported illegal immigrants, and considering that for the last several years, the illegals deported were prioritized as deporting those who are convicted criminals, first, and considering that few illegal immigrants are deported who are not apprehended doing some sort of criminal activity, I would say that your population is not representative of the population of all immigrants who are undocumented.

In regards to the last link, yes. Not according to the first two. Hey, argue with the GAO. They should be biased toward the liberal side of the argument since they are under Obama's thumb. Seems their numbers differ from that perspective....and yours.

Trump is not serious.

He wouldn't do a damn thing about immigration even if he was in office. Hell, he is starting to look like the biggest exporter of jobs and employer of illegals in the US.

Also, he has a bad habit of disrespecting us, the American people. I don't agree with Trump. Trump is an arrogant nut.

And obama and the left respects the rights of the sovereign citizens of this country?

I don't respect sovereign citizens period. If they want to live of government, move to Antarctica!! There is no government there!

They are full of shit Anarchist that think they can gain sympathy from freedom loving citizens. No--if you want your fiefdom, should have claimed it before the US gain jurisdiction over it.

However, there is a lot of free land in Artarctica
Trump is not serious.

He wouldn't do a damn thing about immigration even if he was in office. Hell, he is starting to look like the biggest exporter of jobs and employer of illegals in the US.

Also, he has a bad habit of disrespecting us, the American people. I don't agree with Trump. Trump is an arrogant nut.

And Obama and Hillary are just icons of humility

nope

I talked about Hillary in the bernie-trump thread. If you want to see how I really about her, you are welcome to join the conversation over there.

Funny, we can't find any wide-eyed Hillary supporters, so bring some for us to jump on, ok? That is, if you can find any!

Exactly....so why does he respect hispanics that come here and become sovereign citizens in their own right?
They dont respect our laws in the least.

So the criminality of the population that you are quoting is high. Well, considering that the population that you are using in your statistics are deported illegal immigrants, and considering that for the last several years, the illegals deported were prioritized as deporting those who are convicted criminals, first, and considering that few illegal immigrants are deported who are not apprehended doing some sort of criminal activity, I would say that your population is not representative of the population of all immigrants who are undocumented.

"Sixty-five percent of the 249,000 criminal aliens in our study population were arrested at least once for either a civil or criminal immigration violation..About 50 percent of the criminal aliens in our study population were arrested at least once for either assault, homicide, robbery, a sex offense, or kidnapping. About half of the criminal aliens were arrested at least once for a drug violation."

There are no jobs Americans won't take. That is a myth on par with the "living wage"
=================
Absolutely not! I live in an agricultural area where the reduction of illegal immigrants in our area has had the farmers crying for labor.
There was even the suggestion of using prisoners.

And then there are jobs that US citizens will not do for less than minimum wage that the illegal immigrants will do. Have you seen the multiple busts on meat processing plants in the mid-west

Trump struck a nerve with the public because too many people have been the victims of illegals and no one has ever spoken up for them. Not once.
===============================
More US citizens have benefitted from illegal immigrants than have been victims.
Illegal immigrants are paid dirt wages to take jobs our citizens will not take.
Many products and services we all use are cheaper because of illegal immigrants.
Many businesses DEPEND on illegal immigrants. We all pay the benefits of the illegal immigrants because they do not get paid enough to support themselves.

Let's go after the private businesses that are employing illegal immigrants. Many illegal immigrants would not come to the US if they did not know the jobs were there.

Also all citizens cannot complain when they are paying more for many products because businesses would have to pay higher wages as they should.
=====================================
The families of the dead no doubt consider the deaths of their loved ones just part of the price they have to pay for cheap labor.
=================
I assume you mean the dead being victims of illegal immigrants; I want to keep criminals of all sorts out of our culture.
But if you are focusing on illegal immigrants go after the employers who hire illegal immigrants s a way to reduce the number of illegal immigrants that come to the US.
I am all fo going after the employers. The problem is they vote and contribute to politicians and are neighbors. It is much easier to go after the illegal immigrants.

I agree with his comments.

He is telling it as it is. :clap2:
I agree, as well. He reminds me of the rich kid who shows up uninvited to an elite ball, replete with snobbery and etiquette, and gives all others in attendance what for before making his exit. Why? Because he can afford to. A regular modern day Clark Gable, of sorts. He does not need their approval, or their money. So he calls things by their proper names, and to hell with pc.

these same people whining about this didn't blink an eyelash when the SPLC came out and said right wing CITIZENS were more dangerous than ISIS

yet they are whining over something Trump said about ILLEGAL immigrants, drugs coming in from Mexico, etc

I swear we are now living in the TWILIGHT zone

We
I don't understand why he is always bashed for his views. Seems like the main media outlets are doing everything possible to discredit Donald Trump. Not a single candidate is attacked so frequently. Maybe it's because he has his own opinion on things? Anyway, if you look at crime and immigration rates he is right. The majority of crimes are being performed by illegals and everyone understands that.
---------------
I understand why Donald Trump is bashed for the idiotic statements he makes.
Do you really feel that the majority of illegal hispanic immigrants are rapists, drug traffickers and criminals? The majority of illegal immigrants come to take low wage jobs to help businesses keep their costs down. Jobs that US citizens will not take. If we went after the employers we could stop a majority of the immigrants. It would hurt businesses and we would all pay more for many things that low wage illegal immigrants keep the costs down.

The criminals, rapists and drug traffickers are a minority of the immigrants.

Trump should know this. He is an idiot.
Well, I cant disagree with you about this. I do not believe the majority of illegals are of the criminal element, but they are collectively straining this overburdened nation in a variety of ways. Trump is calling it as he sees
these same people whining about this didn't blink an eyelash when the SPLC came out and said right wing CITIZENS were more dangerous than ISIS

yet they are whining over something Trump said about ILLEGAL immigrants, drugs coming in from Mexico, etc

His comments cost him any chance for the nomination.

C'mon Starkey, he never had a chance for the nomination. Acting like a fool and being hateful will get him more votes as there are enough out there that love that hateful talk. The funny thing is he could say the same thing he's saying without making it sound so racist and hateful, but he wants to arouse those who think the same. The only scary thing is that with so many running, he could actually win some delegates, maybe even some states with a very small percentage of the vote.

Trump is not serious.

And obama and the left respects the rights of the sovereign citizens of this country?

I don't respect sovereign citizens period. If they want to live of government, move to Antarctica!! There is no government there!

They are full of shit Anarchist that think they can gain sympathy from freedom loving citizens. No--if you want your fiefdom, should have claimed it before the US gain jurisdiction over it.

Trump is not serious.

nope

I talked about Hillary in the bernie-trump thread. If you want to see how I really about her, you are welcome to join the conversation over there.

Funny, we can't find any wide-eyed Hillary supporters, so bring some for us to jump on, ok? That is, if you can find any!

Exactly....so why does he respect hispanics that come here and become sovereign citizens in their own right?

You really think you have me pegged?
Now, You are asking me to answer a question for someone I do not agree. Funny thing, I can answer this question.

The immigrants are respected because the businesses that higher them will get cheaper labor than if they higher normal American citizens.

It is done to maximize profits, so they can create more jobs, and then fill them with more immigrants!!

Since there is no one that is going to stop them, and no regulations to keep them from giving jobs to immigrants, this process is going to continue on and on.....

By the way, if you try to keep these immigrants out--no problem for most businesses. They will send the jobs to another country and manufacture their goods there. They will do it to maximize profits, so they can create jobs, and then send those jobs abroad for cheap labor. All so they can maximize profits. etc etc.

Tell me, how does Americans benefit from this?

Neither Trump, Hillary and as you already know, nor Obama is going to resolve this cycle. All three are in bed with businesses demanding cheap labor.

Hell, Trump run businesses that do this!If he goes to bed by himself, he is in bed with businesses that demands cheap labor.

Illegals are trafficking massive amounts of Meth into our country, killing and destroying our young people. You won't hear the asshole liberals talking about it, you won't hear about it in the MSM News, but National Geographic produce a documentary on it.

After illegals break our laws coming here, they continue to break our laws. They drive without a license or insurance, drive drunk, and kill and maim our citizens in accidents. I personally know someone who was about to begin her retirement, instead she was broad sided by an illegal drunk, nearly died 3 times, endured 8 surgeries, and will never be the same.

Illegals have no respect for our laws, they willingly scam American taxpayers out of over $4 billion dollars a year in fraudulent tax refunds. Did you get a $8,000 to $12,000 tax refund from the Federal government? Many illegals did.

Sigh....

"

"Statistical studies regarding illegal aliens and criminal activity are few and far between. But in a 2007 Government Accountability Office study of a sample population of 55,322 illegal aliens, analysts discovered that:

* They were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than one arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Most of the arrests occurred after 1990.

* They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien. One arrest incident may include multiple offenses, a fact that explains why there are nearly one and half times more offenses than arrests.

* Almost all of these illegal aliens were arrested for more than 1 offense. Slightly more than half of the 55,322 illegal aliens had between 2 and 10 offenses. About 45 percent of all offenses were drug or immigration offenses. About 15 percent were property-related offenses such as burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and property damage. About 12 percent were for violent offenses such as murder, robbery, assault, and sex-related crimes. The balance was for such other offenses as traffic violations, including driving under the influence; fraud--including forgery and counterfeiting; weapons violations; and obstruction of justice.

* Eighty percent of all arrests occurred in three states--California, Texas, and Arizona. Specifically, about 58 percent of all arrests occurred in California, 14 percent in Texas, and 8 percent in Arizona."

Illegal Aliens and Crime Statistics not on Obama s side - National public safety Examiner.com

"For fiscal year 2011 the Office of Immigration Statistics reported that there were 188,382 deportations ("removals") of criminal illegal immigrants ("aliens").5 Of these, 23 percent had committed drug-related offenses (manufacturing, distribution, sale, and possession of illegal drugs). Another 23 percent had committed criminal traffic offenses (primarily driving under the influence).6 The next largest category, at 20 percent, was immigration offenses such as illegal reentry after deportation. The violent crime categories of assault, robbery, sexual assault, and family offenses totaled 12 percent. The non-violent crime categories of larceny, fraud, and burglary totaled 7 percent...Out of the 188,382 criminal aliens deported in 2011, at least 86,699, or 46 percent, had been deported earlier and had illegally returned to the United States."

Right, that's why they've released about 160,000 criminal illegals, convicted of everything including murder and rape, in the last 4 years, yep, put them right back on our streets. So much for priority deportations.

Good job dear leader, really good job.

His comments cost him any chance for the nomination.

C'mon Starkey, he never had a chance for the nomination. Acting like a fool and being hateful will get him more votes as there are enough out there that love that hateful talk. The funny thing is he could say the same thing he's saying without making it sound so racist and hateful, but he wants to arouse those who think the same. The only scary thing is that with so many running, he could actually win some delegates, maybe even some states with a very small percentage of the vote.

love hateful talk. are you serious. He has a right to say what he wants. doesn't mean people will vote for him because of it. that's stupid. look at your party. they spew hate all the time. Look at Obama how he talks about Republicans. so "you people" need to knock off the nonsense.

Trump is not serious.

Trump is not serious.

nope

You really think you have me pegged?
Now, You are asking me to answer a question for someone I do not agree. Funny thing, I can answer this question.

The immigrants are respected because the businesses that higher them will get cheaper labor than if they higher normal American citizens.

It is done to maximize profits, so they can create more jobs, and then fill them with more immigrants!!

Since there is no one that is going to stop them, and no regulations to keep them from giving jobs to immigrants, this process is going to continue on and on.....

By the way, if you try to keep these immigrants out--no problem for most businesses. They will send the jobs to another country and manufacture their goods there. They will do it to maximize profits, so they can create jobs, and then send those jobs abroad for cheap labor. All so they can maximize profits. etc etc.

Tell me, how does Americans benefit from this?

Neither Trump, Hillary and as you already know, nor Obama is going to resolve this cycle. All three are in bed with businesses demanding cheap labor.

Hell, Trump run businesses that do this!If he goes to bed by himself, he is in bed with businesses that demands cheap labor.

So you think driving wages down is a good thing for America?
There goes the middle class and the tax base that supports this country.
There are plenty of jobs here in America that cant be shipped over seas for obvious reasons. Those jobs still pay the same as they did in the 90's due to immigration.
But keep on blathering.....

Sigh....

"

Right, that's why they've released about 160,000 criminal illegals, convicted of everything including murder and rape, in the last 4 years, yep, put them right back on our streets. So much for priority deportations.

Good job dear leader, really good job.

160,000 criminals. Yet, once again, no links. Just rants.

Just one question comes to mind; we have a Commerce Clause and an official Mint, why are we losing money on Commerce at our borders or any given policy, public which should promote the general welfare. Some on the left are starting to believe that we should start looking for good capitalists on EquityNet instead of SympathyNet.

" ICE means people who have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony that is not a traffic violation. For instance, traffic violations like Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or even vehicular manslaughter do not count toward this description of “criminal alien.” As for the definition of “alien,” ICE mostly means illegal aliens, though some are legal aliens when they are considered deportable legal aliens–which is possible for legal immigrants who have committed a serious crime, like a felony."

So, the 68,000 "criminals' include those that committed misdemeanors. You commit a misdemeanor every time you cross the street outside of a crosswalk in many communities. Also, it includes legal aliens, who committed felonies that made them deportable. So, the 68,000 "criminals" were not even all illegal aliens......

Forum List

Back