What do you think about this?

No doubt about it. How many square feet? How many beds? Does it have a plush lobby?
As I said. If need be double the numbers I have givin.

So are you planning or proposing to build a hospital ONLY FOR GOV'T RECIPIENTS? I may have missed this being your point.

If so, it really, really sucks. See, I think even those with no insurance should get care, some may be liable, some not. IMHO should be means tested. No way should there be parallel systems for those 'with' and those 'without.'

I know my mother just past away. I was her care giver for five years. I know the rented hospital bed and wheel chair we rented cost you 10,000 dollars. I know several times tests and cat scans were run over and over again because of not having proper medical records. You paid for that to. I know you paid full price for all the services she received.

Yes, but do you know what your own little personal anecdote has to do with anything, or why you suddenly think I need to hear you bragging about having foisted the cost of your mother's healthcare off onto me and others?

In other words, aside from the belief that injecting personal history into a debate trumps all arguments, what is your point?

I know I played general contractor for myself on two stores. One furniture store and one appliance store.

And if hospitals were retail stores, that might be relevant. As they aren't, it isn't.

I know I'm smart enough to do all my own financing as I am a registered creditor with the finance commisiion here in Austin.

You may want to conduct this debate - which at this point is using the term loosely - on the basis of what sort of real-life anecdotes each of us can claim. I don't, and not just because I have no way of knowing whether you're telling the truth or not, or whether you actually did what you say you did well.

Numbers may be way off. I spent a whole day coming up with this idea.

Oh, well. A whole day. Perhaps you should have taken another day to compose the post about it, so that it even vaguely deserved more of a point-by-point response. Perhaps you could have included where you got the assumptions it was based on in the first place.

Holes in it sure. Search: How much does it cost to build a hopsital. A C. T. Machine can be had for 300.000 dollars. An Ambulance can be had for the same. E.K G Machines are cheap.

Please do not assume that simply because YOU know nothing about the costs of medical establishments, no one else does either.

Are you not tired of paying full price for medications, tests, room stays ect.

No, because I understand a lot more than you do about why they charge what they charge, and the REAL ways one goes about fixing those problems that exist (which aren't necessarily the ones you think they are). And by the way, I see no direct line of causation between "paying full price" and your little plan lowering prices. If I have no idea where you got the notion that the problems with Medicare and Medicaid are lack of facilities specifically for those patients, I'm sure not going to just accept the idea that building such will somehow lower prices.

You want to give your charitable money to someone who is charging you and arm and a leg.

Charitable money? I thought we were talking about tax money Unconstitutionally taken from me by force and redistributed to people without regard to my wishes. When did we start talking about charitable money?

At least I can speak for myself and not have to quote someone elses wise saying to get my point across. I'm about tired of your condinsending language. Grow up.

So your ability to make up insane bullshit on your own, rather than ever learning from other people's wisdom, is supposed to be a selling point? Maybe if you bothered once in a while to read other people's wise sayings, rather than devoting a "whole day" to try to come up with something off-the-wall just so you could feel like Mr. Clever, you wouldn't end up having to resort to "You tore my idea to shreds and laughed at me, so you . . . you . . . just grow up!" Seriously, seriously lame. Almost as lame as your idea and its underpinnings. Why not just call me a big poopyhead while you're at it? :lol:

I'm disipointed all this seemed to be taken so personal. I mean no harm to anyone. I am not an elected politician. Just trying to come up with some ideas to help. I still have not been shown why this idea won't save us who knows how much. Seems to me Medicare and Medicaid has become to complex and costly. It's costing us through the nose. Solutions is what we need. I'm all for the best Solution. Best wishes to all who read this. And thanks for taking the time to ruffle my feathers.
Dale..................

This idea (proposal) is for cutting cost and providing better care for Medicare and Medicaid recipients. I see this idea benefiting those of us outside Medicare, Medicaid by creating competition, maybe stabilizing and possible lowering our tax rate in the future. Limiting liability claims a must. I believe they call it Tort Reform.

We have (We the people) Social Security Offices, Welfare offices……
I propose we build our own Medicare, Medicaid, Hospitals for our Medicare, Medicaid recipients in each and every County, Parrish, and District. All medical records networked from one Medicare, Medicaid Hospital to the next.
There are about 3114 Counties Parishes, Districts ect….. in the United States.

If we could build a forty five bed 15,000 square foot Medicare, Medicaid Hospital at 200 dollars a square foot. It would cost three million dollars for one Hospital. Add say 500,000 for the property and soft costs. Now add another three million to complete it. It has cost us Six and a half million dollars for our hospital. Should be enough there to have an ambulance, and computers to boot. If our Medicare, Medicaid hospital with 45 beds comes in at six and a half million dollars. We could build a Medicare, Medicaid Hospital in every county, parish, district in the entire United States for 20,241,000,000 Lets call it Twenty One Billion with the leg work. One architect, one low cost design.
Now some counties will have more population than others. I’m aware of that. So for fun let’s double the number of Medicare Medicaid Hospitals and spread it out later. We now have 30,000 Square foot and ninety beds per county. Cost to build, Forty Two Billion Dollars. Perhaps we could use some of that Stimulus Money for construction and set this up. It would put a few people to work, even for just a short time in every county, parish, and district.

Now I don’t know what the true average cost for nightly care in a public hospital or what we might be paying for it is. But I know this. If we saved 415 dollars, per day, per patient, per room with our Medicare, Medicaid Hospital we would save us 42,452,383,500. That’s Forty Two Billion paying for itself in one year.
Double these numbers again if you like in order to get where we need to be.
We could have our own diagnostic equipment and pharmacy right there in our own Medicare, Medicaid Hospital. No more paying two, three times the cost for medication.

Now lets build our own manufacturing plant in say Michigan? We build our own Hospital Beds, Wheel Chairs, Walkers, ect. We now ship them to our Medicare, Medicaid Hospital to distribute, and be returned when no longer needed. We just did away with rental costs and who knows how much fraud.

Now about staffing the thing. How many I wonder have the gifted IQ to become a physician and not the funds. My idea would be to give free education along with room and board. Same goes for the nurses. You can quit us to go to work elsewhere only with all educational and boarding moneys up front, in full, and with interest. For now we staff it best we can.

What our hospital can’t take care of could be outsourced. The out source could log in and upload the medical records and bill to the local Medicare, Medicaid Hospital for review and payment. Once approved the Local Medicare, Medicaide Hospital could pass it on to the peoples big check book office.

All in all Medicare, Medicaid Reform can be had here. No telling how much money could be saved. Records kept on all patients at all Medicare, Medicaid Hospitals. Now think dialysis and nursing homes.

When you own the store the goods come at cost.

Dale Stoltz
Jacksonville Texas.
American.

Don't pay attention to those being jerks. You have an idea. Good for you. I might not agree with all of it, but at least you are thinking.

Some of it sounds just a little bit creepy. Again, I could not have thought of it. But the part about free room and board for physicians in residency and nurses in training. It seemed an awful lot like a Hitler Youth camp.

I don't mean to insult. You are a great thinker

Quick Construction Cost Estimate for a Hospital (2-3 Story) with Face Brick with Structural Facing Tile / Steel Frame US National Average as of 1/1/2008
RSMeans Quick Square Foot Cost Estimates

The following analysis estimates the cost to build a hospital (2-3 story) with face brick with structural facing tile / steel frame using US National Average costs from 2008 RSMeans cost data. Costs are derived from a building model that assumes basic components, using union labor for a 55000 square foot building. NOTE: Scope differences and market conditions can cause costs to vary significantly.

Hospital (2-3 Story) with Face Brick with Structural Facing Tile / Steel Frame
Stories: 3
Story Height (L.F.): 12.00
Floor Area (S.F.): 55000
Labor Type: Union
Basement Included: No
Data Release: Year 2008
Cost Per Sq Ft: $239.03
Building Cost: $13,146,505

Square Foot Cost Estimate % of Total Cost Per SF Cost
Total $182.46 $10,035,500
Contractor Fees (GC,Overhead,Profit) 25% $45.62 $2,508,875
Architectural Fees 6% $10.95 $602,130
User Fees 0% $0 $0
Total Building Cost $239.03 $13,146,505

Any body doing any numbers? Like I said double what I speculated and we are there. So now it takes two years to pay for it. Remember I said one Architectural fee on low cost design. Scratch those high dollar labor union fees and we are there. We pay cost medicare, medicaide out of our tax dollars.

Mr. Mskafka
Any bodys kid no matter how poor with the I.Q to be a doctor could be one with instant practice. Contract Labor agreements are reached in the privite sector all the time.

Forum List

Back