What do veterans think of Bush?

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
"I am a veteran of the Iraq war and the war on terror. I know the leadership of the President. I also know his opponent in this election is the antithesis of everything for which the President stands. President Bush will lead us to victory in this just and necessary fight. John Kerry will just lead us to disaster."
Michael C. Rudzinski, Rantoul, IL

"I am a Viet Nam era vet, enlisting in the USAF in 1972, graduated from the USAF Academy, Class of '76, and proudly flew F-4 Phantom's from 1977 to 1988. God help us if President George W. Bush is not retained in office as President of the United States. We need a Commander In Chief like President Bush who will take the fight to the enemy, and destroy the enemies of the United States in place, rather than someone who will hunker down in the White House, and stock up on body bags waiting for the next attack on US soil. The combined armed forces of the United States have done an amazing job so far, and if permitted, I am confident they will prevail. Give the command, they will make it happen. Lord guard and guide the men who fly..."
Brent Glines, Ogden, UT

"I am a Vietnam veteran of the Marine Corp who saw active combat duty and who spilt his blood on the battlefield. I support the president because he is the kind of president that if we had more of, we would not need to send our troops in harms way more often and when we do it would be at less cost in the lives to our people and others. He is a man who understands what it means to be in the military and I know that he would not waste this precious resource. He is an honest president who is not afraid to make the tough decisions that he must make. I trust this man and I believe that is a commodity we have long done without."
Joseph, San Luis Obispo, CA

"I am very proud of President Bush and his military service to our Country. I am also proud of my Vietnam Era Air National Guard service. Our unit was activated for 18 months during the Vietnam War, 1/2 our unit and all of our F-100 pilots deployed to Southeast Asia. The other half, my group, stayed stateside. There was certainly no guarantee that National Guard service would keep you from being called to active duty. Just ask any of the National Guard or Reserve Troops who have served our Country since World War I."
Dwight Van Horn, Hayden, ID

"I am proud to state that I served in the United States Army National Guard during the Viet Nam Era. My specialty was "Chief Computer for an 8 Inch Howitzer and an Honest John Missile". During this time all computations were done manually with slide rulers and logarithms. For most of my adult life I have been registered as an Independent voter. However, since the events on "9/11", I have become receptive to the action/reaction of President George W. Bush in the War Against Terrorism. Please add my name as one of President Bush's Veteran supporters and thank you for protecting our country. May God Bless America!"
James Peter [J. P.] Trujillo, San Francisco, CA

"I served in the U. S. Navy from 1965 to 1971 and in the U. S. Navy Reserve 1979 to 1981. Was a crew member on the USS New (DD818) while on Northern Search and Rescue missions in Vietnam 1967/68. I support president George W. Bush 110%, and am appalled at the attacks by Kerry and the other anti-American liberals."
Michael Danese, Cedar Grove, TN

"Having served my country from 1968 through 1972 in the U.S. Navy I took an oath to uphold the constitution of this great nation and to stand behind my President. President Bush has demonstrated that he is a president who stands behind his men and women in uniform. He has also shown that once his hand is put to the plow he does not turn back on his word. If a man has nothing else in this world, he has his word and reputation. President Bush is a Commander in Chief who has proven he will stay the course. This is a refreshing quality not often seen in Washington."
James, Newton, NC

"I am veteran of the Vietnam war in 1967 through 1968. I support George Bush because he is a man with the country at heart. I would be glad to fight one more time for my country under President George Bush even at my age of 57. Just call on the old vets and we will come to fight for our counrty. People like Jane fonda and John Kerry belong in jail for the things that they said about the Veitnam Vets. Does he think he is the only person with medals? I have three bronze stars and a purple heart and air medals and severel other medals as well and I earned them all. Hope I have not rambled on and you can read this thanks for every thing."
Mark, Springfield, VT

"I am a retired member of this country's armed forces. I served proudly, 4 yrs in the US [Army] and 18 yrs as a member of Texas Army National Guard. I am proud to have served and equally proud to say that the President and I both have the same military lineage with the Texas Guard. We are lucky as a nation to have President Bush as our Commande-in-Chief during these dangerous times. When I think of the alternative we have to shudder. God Bless the President and God Bless the United States."
Chuck Fiedler, Fort Worth, TX

"When I count my blessings, I count our current Commander-in-Chief among them. Thank you President George W. Bush, and I hope to meet you one day, sir. Until then, my family and I pray each day that God would watch over you, the First Lady, your daughters, and give you the wisdom and courage to fight the good fight. Go well."
Wayne Johnson, Huntsville, AL

"President Bush always has had my support for bringing Honor back to the Oval Office. However during his Presidential Address to the Nation on October 7, 2001, when he said these famous words "We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter; and we will not fail. Peace and freedom will prevail." I stood up in my own home and saluted him As My Commander in Chief. And when he went on to say to all of the Leaders in the entire world "You are either with us - Or Against us" either way we are coming. I right then and there knew that we as a country had great men leading us into the new Millennium. God Bless President George W. Bush and his entire family; with special honors going to his Mother Barbara. After hearing her speak it is easy to understand how and why George W. became such a good person."
Paul Cauley, Indianapolis, IN

More here:
http://vets4bush.com/vetcomments.shtml

I'd like to add this one as well for those that don't click on the link:

"I support President Bush because he is steadfast in his commitment to the American people and its protectors. I am a Vietnam vet who has never turned my back on America and its leaders, as some has done, for personal gains. I have given my blood and two brothers one in Vietnam and one in Desert storm for this country. President Bush has never turned his back on them or me and I admire him for that. I know he has to make difficult decisions and he will make them with the up most thought of what is best for our Country. I know I will not like some of his decisions, but he will always do what is right. "
James Lawson, Waynesville, MO

For those that may say Bush doesn't support our vets:

President Bush Honors Our Veterans

"Our veterans have borne the costs of America's wars and have stood watch over America's peace. And, today, every veteran can be certain: The nation you served and the people you defended are grateful." President Bush, November 11, 2003

Keeping His Word

President Bush has fulfilled, and in many cases surpassed, commitments to veterans on four key issues:

Allowing Veteran Medicare Recipients to Continue Receiving TRICARE Benefits - The President signed the FY 2001 Defense Authorization Bill which allows veterans to continue to receive their TriCare health benefits even when they become Medicare eligible.

Timely Access to Quality Healthcare - The average time that a veteran has to wait to see a primary care physician has dropped 90% since 2001. The waiting list was 300,000 in 2001 and is now below 30,000. With the funding in the FY 2005 request, the VA will meet its goal scheduling non-urgent primary care for 93% of veterans within 30 days and 99% within 90 days.

Reduce the Backlog of Disability Claims - When President Bush took office, the number of claims waiting to be processed had soared to over 600,000 and as a result, many veterans were waiting an average of over 230 days for a claim to be processed. The VA has slashed its inventory of pending disability claims by 58% to 253,000 and reduced the average length of time it takes to process a claim by 30% to about 160 days. In 2005, 2.7 million veterans will receive $24.9 billion of these tax-free benefits from the VA.

Classify Diabetes as a Disability - The President proudly signed the Veterans Education and Benefits Expansion Act of 2001, which allowed diabetes to be considered a service-connected disability for veterans.

Supporting Concurrent Receipts

Concurrent Receipt - On November 24, 2003, President Bush signed legislation providing concurrent receipt of both military retired pay and VA disability compensation for those military retirees most deserving, the combat-disabled, reversing a century of law preventing concurrent receipt.

A Significant Increase in Resources

Making up for the 1990s - President Bush has provided more new funding for veterans in four years than President Clinton did in eight years. President Clinton averaged a 3 percent increase per year in the VA budget while President Bush has averaged an 8 percent increase per year. Since President Bush came into office in 2001 the VA budget has increased from $48 billion to $65 billion.

A Dramatic Increase in Funding - The President is proposing to increase funding for the VA by $5 billion next year - from $60.3 billion last year to $65.3 billion for the next fiscal year. This represents an 8% percent jump and more than 38% increase since 2001.

40% More for Medical Care - The President's $30 billion request for medical care in his FY 2005 budget represents more than a 40% increase from when he took office. As a result, 1.4 million more veterans will receive care in 2004 than in 2000 and 194 new community-based clinics will open to be more responsive to veterans' needs.

Improving Access to Health Care

Creating a Modern, Effeciant, World-Class Helath Care System - Through the Capital Asset Realignment for Enhanced Services (CARES), President Bush is working to restructure VA hospitals around the country to provide veterans with efficient access to quality health care. The FY 2005 budget more than doubles the amount previously request for construction of new and improved facilities. The President has proposed a 20% increase in outpatient health care services, create 48 new outpatient clinics, and construct two new VA hospitals.

Emergency Care - The President's budget allows the VA to pay for emergency room care for veterans in non-VA hospitals. Veterans with life-threatening illnesses should seek and receive care at the closest possible facility.

Prescription Drugs - The President took the unprecedented step of allowing veterans with a prescription from their private physician to have those prescriptions filled by the VA - saving veterans hundreds of dollars in prescription drug costs. This will benefit approximately 200,000 veterans.

Eliminating Copayments - The President has eliminated copays for veterans receiving hospice care. In addition, the Budget will eliminate all forms of copays for prisoners of war who have provided unique service to our Nation.

Caring for Families

Veterans Benefits Act of 2003. On December 16th, 2003, President Bush signed a bill authorizing $1 billion over the next ten years for new and expanded benefits for disabled veterans, surviving spouses, and children.

Restores Spousal Benefits. The spouses and children of veterans who are killed in action, or die of service related causes will receive Dependents Indemnity Compensation which allows the surviving spouse or dependent children to receive the full amount of accrued benefits if the veteran dies while their claim is still pending. Home loan guarantees are available to surviving spouses.

Education & Health Benefits for Children. Pensions are available to surviving spouses and unmarried children of deceased veterans with wartime experience. Dependents education assistance is available to spouses who have not remarried and the children of veterans who are killed in action, or die of service related disabilities.

Support Today for Tomorrow's Veterans

Better Pay and Housing - President Bush has increased basic salary and payments for food and housing almost 29 percent since taking office. President Bush has provided historic increases in military compensation. Under former President Clinton, military pay decreased an average of almost 2% per year relative to consumer price index. Since President Bush took office, military pay increased an average of 5.2% per year relative to consumer price index. The average compensation is now more than $40,000 for enlisted members and more than $79,000 for officers.

Better Benefits - Service members also receive retirement benefits and health care for themselves and their families at little or no charge.

Tax Relief - On December 16, 2003, the President signed the Military Family Tax Relief Act of 2003 to provide tax relief and other benefits to members of the armed services and their families.

Prevents Double Taxation. This law prevents states from using the income earned by a service member in determining the spouse's tax rate when the spouse works and taxed in a state other than the state in which they maintain their permanent legal residence. Protection from Eviction. Service members and their families are protected from eviction from housing while on active duty due to nonpayment of rents and housing leases up to $2,400 per month - up from $1,200 per month.

Life Insurance. Updates life insurance protections provided to activated Guard and reserve members by increasing from $10,000 to $250,000 the maximum policy coverage that the federal government will protect from default for nonpayment while on active duty.

http://vets4bush.com/BushToVets.shtml

Originally posted by jon_forward
But he hasnt done anything jim. its all smoke and mirrors!!!:rolleyes:

You got that right! And Senator Kennedy says the President lied about the education bill too! It doesnt matter that he wrote the bill he is critisizing the President for. We have to stop the President!:rotflmao:

Originally posted by Avatar4321
You got that right! And Senator Kennedy says the President lied about the education bill too! It doesnt matter that he wrote the bill he is critisizing the President for. We have to stop the President!:rotflmao:
:laugh: :laugh:

I support the president 100%, I'm a former marine and a Gulf war veteran.
I guess my first post is short and to the point, Have to get ready for Easter family get togethers. God bless!

welcome to the board Blazers4X4 !!! I have a feeling you are going to like it here. My twin bro just retired from the marines, he is on terminal leave now. 29 years 1 month.. thanx for kickin ass over there!:beer:

Originally posted by blazers4x4
I guess my first post is short and to the point, Have to get ready for Easter family get togethers. God bless!

Welcome to the board, blazers! :)

Welcome blazers! I am also a vet, though I saw no combat. I support Bush's re-election, and I certainly support his decision to fight the terrorists the way that he has.

A vote for John Kerry is a vote for Chamberlain's appeasement tactics of the 1930s - and we all know where that got us.

But John Kerry is for the war unless he's against it. Too bad we're on president 43, as I think John Kerry would make an excellent President-22 (Anyone who doesn't get the joke and is over about 20 needs to read more books).

velvetelvis_crunch22.jpg

Welcome 4x4 and thanks for your service!!! My father in law who posts on here too(we got him started) supports Bush and is a Vietnam vet. This idea that so many Vietnam vets in particular support Kerry is another media created myth-as usual.

Originally posted by blazers4x4

Thanks for your service to our country. Welcome to the board. Love the avatar!!:D

Forum List

Back