CDZ What Difference Does It Make - Two

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by midcan5, Oct 15, 2016.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,056
    In a certain sense I agree with an earlier thread, what difference does it make. I hadn't selected that subject when I thought about posting this thread, but then thought why not. Actually I feel like Trump is totally unacceptable but I'll leave the reasons out for the moment.

Without getting into complicated reasons why I think the issues today are problems caused by Americans themselves on themselves. Read link below, the comments are so many I have not read them yet.

Tell us what you think.

I Know Why Poor Whites Chant Trump, Trump, Trump

PS I will comment in the other thread and return here when time permits.

"There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us." Pogo

2. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,112
    The Democrats came down to Hillary and Bernie. Bernie was viewed as more the outsider and lost. Trumps fended off the establishment and now both the left and right establishment turned on him. Anyone really surprised? Of course Trump hasn't done much to help himself.

3. OldLady

OldLady Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,398
    Great, great article.
    No thanks for hijacking my thread, though.

4. 320 Years of History

320 Years of History Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,558
    For now, I'm just going to list out the passages that struck me as poignant in way or another. I'll have to refer to this post later when I have time to share my thoughts about the bits quoted below.