what did pvt manning really do or reveal?

Valerie, heres an idea if you are willing to listen to ideas.

The young man reveled these documents to show to the world how easy it was for him to obtain them.

You see he was outing the country for its extrememly POOR security of what it labeled secret documents.

It was a whistler blower act.

He knew if he could optain them soooo easily that these docs were completely insecure and had already no doubt been veiwed by someone on the outside.

electronic comunications and storage are HORRIBLY unprotected by our country AND the corporations.

Computors are NOT secure enough to do the business that system (both gov and private) are increasingly forcing us to use for information that should be completely secure.

Its a whistle blower case, the young man thought he was helping the US protect itsself.

GET IT NOW??????

:lol: Do you get that if THAT were truly his concern his solution would have been different than PUBLISHING the classified info? He was not blowing the whistle on the lack of security, he was abusing the security clearance entrusted to him, revealing that the system is vulnerable to human failure which is why he is now subject to the US Military System and it's code of conduct, because HE failed to be secure.

One individual little man named Manning had an OPINION and convicted his peers, his military leaders and his country...And he decided to sentence all of us to the exposure of US classified intelligence. He is nothing but a simpleton fool.

Hard to say what the net effect of the leaks will be given that

1. Not a single person here has read them all, and

2. Even if we had, its unlikely we could know the effects they'll have.

What was the motivation of the Private Manning?

Patriotism? Spite?

How can we know?

The young man reveled these documents to show to the world how easy it was for him to obtain them.

You see he was outing the country for its extrememly POOR security of what it labeled secret documents.

He knew if he could optain them soooo easily that these docs were completely insecure and had already no doubt been veiwed by someone on the outside.

electronic comunications and storage are HORRIBLY unprotected by our country AND the corporations.

Computors are NOT secure enough to do the business that system (both gov and private) are increasingly forcing us to use for information that should be completely secure.

Its a whistle blower case, the young man thought he was helping the US protect itsself.

GET IT NOW??????
You're so full of shit your eyes are brown. One doesn't steal classified documents then give them to an avowed USA hater if one is trying to "protect" ones country.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Pvt. Manning is this generations Lee Harvey Oswald.

A low level patsy who will take the fall for the leaks.

I am expecting any day to hear that he has committed suicide while in custody. :cool:

GET IT NOW??????

:lol: Do you get that if THAT were truly his concern his solution would have been different than PUBLISHING the classified info? He was not blowing the whistle on the lack of security, he was abusing the security clearance entrusted to him, revealing that the system is vulnerable to human failure which is why he is now subject to the US Military System and it's code of conduct, because HE failed to be secure.

One individual little man named Manning had an OPINION and convicted his peers, his military leaders and his country...And he decided to sentence all of us to the exposure of US classified intelligence. He is nothing but a simpleton fool.

It should be borne in mind that, while he was born in the US, he's a dual national... brought up in Wales, and that makes me wonder whether his loyalty is to the US at all. He hates his father - that's the American side of his family - and his dad was Military. He was dumped by his boyfriend (rumor has it the boyfriend was also Military)....

This wasn't about whistleblowing... this is revenge against men he 'hates'. He wanted to embarrass his ex and his father.... the American people mean nothing to Manning.

GET IT NOW??????
You're so full of shit your eyes are brown. One doesn't steal classified documents then give them to an avowed USA hater if one is trying to "protect" ones country.

Does Manning even consider the US to be 'his country'? He's got more allegiance to his Wales than to the US, in my opinion.

I am expecting any day to hear that he has committed suicide while in custody. :cool:

There just might be a magic bullet in his life, I agree.

Right, long post incoming.

I don't want to get all sanctimoniously pious, but I've been briefing myself over the weekend of the whole Wikileaks web and those caught in it. I've subsequently adjusted my outlook somewhat.

What did Pvt Bradley Manning do?

The fundamental truth that neither camp can ignore is that he broke what most people consider, myself included, a sacred oath: he jeopardized his country's security, an infraction that he was under no illusions would carry a severe penalty. OK, he didn't divulge the nuclear launch codes, but it's the principle of the matter, and the bigger picture and the implications it carries can't be swept under the carpet to accomodate what's being viewed as a debatable consequence of his actions. He, however significant, exposed his country.

What classified information did he release?

Apart from leaking roughly 250,000 private cables, he leaked footage of the highly controversial "collateral murder video" that featured a sustained airstrike by two Apache gunships in Baghdad, 2007, where the US Army was confident that it had traced an insurgent cell and directed two gunships to neutralise them. It turned out that the group of men the US Army were interested in were infact Reuters journalist and their cameras were mistaken for weapons, probably surface-to-air kit. Two of the journalists were confirmed as killed by American bullets.

He also passed-on footage of what's known as the Granai airstrike, in which the US military accepted culpability for blundering an airstrike and killing a hundred or so civilians, mostly children in Farah province, Afghanistan, 2009.

Last edited:

GET IT NOW??????

Does Manning even consider the US to be 'his country'? He's got more allegiance to his Wales than to the US, in my opinion.

Of course that is your "opinion" you refuse any thoughts or facts you dont like.

There just might be a magic bullet in his life, I agree.
I am old enough and wise enough to know that Nothing happens in politics and government without someone pulling the strings.

Pvt. Manning wasn't operating in a vacuum all by his lonesome.

Which agency orchestrated this event and allowed it to happen?

I don't know; but undoubtedly it was too much for a lowly Pvt. to pull off by himself without drawing attention.

Years from now it will be obvious as to who benefited from the leaks.

Only then will we have an answer. :cool:

It doesn't seem as if very real harm was done by this information dump. But it was terribly wrong. Manning should do some jail time and never be allowed around sensitive information again.

look, he took info he was supposed to process and betrayed his oath and standing orders.

lets suppose for a moment he was a man of conscience and had seen something so 'wrong' and hideous he felt he had a duty to speak out.

okay, so why didn't he?

He didn't.

He took anything and everything he could get his hands on and gave it all to someone who has a real case on for the US.

If he had a 'cause' then he could have taken information as it pertained to that cause say Afghan. and not taken the rest.

He’s just a cut rate anarchist without a cause even, except destruction for destruction's sake to make no particular or cogent point.....he wanted to lash out, he found a way to do that.....like a recalcitrant child who doesn't really know what hes mad about or at whom, he took it out on everyone. No dice. Let hem rot.

Last edited:

You, Ringel and Mudwhistle all think these leaks were not due to Bradley Manning...Why???

Manning and Assange are just patsies.

This was ordered and arranged from the White House. No doubt in my mind.

But he was also apparently filled with hope for what the leaks might achieve, having been buoyed by the public reaction to the Apache video, which had already been released, and hoped that he could do something positive.

"God knows what happens now," he said, having sent the material to WikiLeaks. "Hopefully worldwide discussion, debates, and reforms. If not … than we're doomed as a species. I will officially give up on the society we have if nothing happens. The reaction to the video gave me immense hope … CNN's iReport was overwhelmed … Twitter exploded …"

It is unlikely he would be disappointed with the coverage of the cables, which continue to lead news bulletins around the world. His chances of observing their impact from a position of freedom were shattered when the hacker he was talking to in May this year, Adrian Lamo, reported him to the federal authorities.

"I'd be one paranoid boy in your shoes," Lamo told him ominously. Within 24 hours officers from the US Army Criminal Investigation Command arrested Manning and took him into custody in Kuwait.
WikiLeaks cables: Bradley Manning faces 52 years in jail | World news | The Guardian

This emotional twit even wants to convict his own species. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Anyone who is familiar with compartmentalization of sensitive information knows all that is complete bull shit.

What are you talking about???

The "How Manning stole cables" smokescreen, I don't buy it. I also don't buy his being able to access the vast amount of state department data he supposedly did, it just doesn't add up.

He had access to info that so far has shown itself to be mostly harmless on the face of it.

There are reportedly tens of thousands of other leaks being withheld so far.

As far as Manning goes, he breached classified info, no matter the content, period.

He said he did it because he hoped for worldwide discussion, debates, and reforms.

GET IT NOW??????

:bsflag::bs1::bsflag:

Of course that is your "opinion" you refuse any thoughts or facts you dont like.

All my opinions are formed on facts.... just facts.... no spin by HuffPuff, MSNBC, or even Fox.

That, my little airhead, is a damned sight more than you can, truthfully, claim.

This "private, E-0" released government secrets. I don't care why or even to whom. He did it, he got caught, and I hope he rots in solitary confinement.

Forum List

Back