What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?

Yes, they made an amendment process. But nobody tries to do that. They just pass unconstitutional BS and hope nobody challenges it.
They also made a Supreme Court to take appeals and rule on the constitutionality of laws. That’s how the system has been working

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Attention all Smartest Guys In The Room, and legal scholars:
Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.

I would like to believe Trump really would be a "good for America" president.
It seems likely that ever since JFK, the Establishment DS and MIC control everything and any president who really tried to interrupt their party would get a reserved spot next to JFK.

The system is hopelessly rigged no matter what or who at this point.

I would like to believe Trump really would be a "good for America" president.
It seems likely that ever since JFK, the Establishment DS and MIC control everything and any president who really tried to interrupt their party would get a reserved spot next to JFK.

The system is hopelessly rigged no matter what or who at this point.
What do you mean when you say it’s “rigged”

Easy, because we needed time to evolve from a rogue country of settlers and rebels to an economy world superpower. The founding fathers built the system to be able to evolve as the needs and will of the people evolves. They certainly didn’t expect the system to remain the same in perpetuity
Are you suggesting they didn’t have poor people and told them to fk off if there were?

Such an interpretation gives the federal government unlimited power, and renders meaningless the reserves of power to states.

This is why we cannot let people like Dan run our nation. He wants to give too much power to government and make us all slaves.

He is a commie.

He's an intellectual (and that does not translate to smart) who thinks that something that makes sense on paper works in the 3D world.

Our preamble was written in 1787 and free-shit / welfare wasn’t introduced until the 1930’s….If “promote the general welfare” meant free-shit for degenerate lowlife bottom feeders then why do you suppose we waited 140+ years to start handing out free-shit?
Our constitution was written in 1787 and the 2nd amendment wasn’t used as a justification for unlimited carry and free access until 2007. If our writers of the constitution wanted free carry and access why 225 year wait.

It comes from General Government Revenue

Just like any other expenditure

Cute.....

But so utterly hard core communist of you.

In china the communist party takes ownership of business. Actually everything. That means no one really has much incentive to excel.
If it had not been for borrowing American capitalism, stealing American trade secrets and American's lust for cheap goods china's main product would still be rice.

Nothing of the communist party is any value to human productivity. It just takes from those who can and gives it to those who say they cannot (or are corrupted and keep the few in the communist party fat and sassy.. Same as US government.

Last edited:
If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.
The general welfare, to me, means things that are accessible to everyone, regardless of wealth or status. Examples would be the interstate highway system, the post office, national parks, and the federal courts. What it does not mean is redistributing wealth from those with means to those with needs.

Idiot ^^^ still thinks ALL immigrants are illegal and ALL immigrants are from Mexico. Yes, he's THAT stupid.

General Welfare is like that

We also spend money to help farmers and corporations

Is that a redistribution of wealth also

Corporations should be allowed to fail if their business model is a failing one.
New and more efficient ones will fill the void they leave. That's good ole capitalism.
As K-mart became outdated and inefficient, Walmart filled the void.
as Walmart became outdated and inefficient, Amazon is putting them out of their misery and filling the void.
Same with farming unless due to a verified natural disaster or man induced disaster out of the farmers control.
Americans would be well advised to go back to learning to be food self sufficient.
The government can literally cut off the food supply at any time.
Imagine how obedient you would be if you could only get your cracker or potato from the government or else starve.

Generally speaking, welfare creates a class of willful under achievers.
And those under achievers are great for supporting corrupt political leaders and parties.......LIKE YOURS ;-)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back