what could be done to unite this country and end the partisan bs?

Pale Rider, excellent points, but you really should switch to decaf :eusa_angel:

and nooooooooo, communism would not be better ;)

but I agree with what he's trying to say, would be nice

Aaaaahh... that's not ME hun... you're making a newbie blunder.

And I do believe he was saying vote for communism as a joke to make his point.

Last edited:
for the country to unite normal people need to speak out and show anger at politicians and pundits who twist what is said by the other side, and we must refute the ridiculous namecalling that is tossed about regarding the other side. how can i unite with people who label those with my particular political beliefs as evil, unamerican, etc, etc? as long as one side or the other is continuosly being labelled as evil, for example , as long as every single thing the president does is criticized, such as using mustard on a sandwich or checking out a girls ass is blown up to ridiculous levels there will always be a feeling of need to get revenge on the other side, and yes it was done to bush, and yes it was done to clinton before that, etc, etc.
Who the hell are you, and what did you do with noose?

:lol:

If Obama is to survive, he has GOT to make sure that Nancy Pelosi is NOT reelected as Speaker. Are you listening, Rahm??????

HOLY SHIT!!...i agree with ya Mags....:lol:

I was furious when I saw that health care bill come out of the house yesterday which basically undid everything debated so far. Talk about political suicide. Thank God it's DOA in the Senate. In the meantime, someone needs to put Nancy out of commission. I think I'll suggest duct-taping her office in the middle of the night as a strong hint.

what could be done to unite this country and end the partisan bs?

Turn off the cable news and AM radio.

Emma endorses liberal group think and a purist liberal dogma!

All those with dissenting opinions, report to the re-education camps!

Seriously. This is why I say question the premise -- the premise of this thread.

Who says we should "unite" behind the idiot notions of the loopey lefties? What's wrong with being partisan if partisan means that some of us stand opposed to the idiocy being perpetrated against all of us and our posterity, today, by the President, the libbie-Democrat Parody controlled Congress and their ideological fellow travelers?

Because partisan politics of today doesn't resemble what it was even ten years ago, when after a bloody floor debate, fueding members would meet for drinks and cigars in the outer rooms of the respective chambers and yuk it up. They weren't bitter enemies. A whole helluva lot of deal-breakers occurred behind closed doors. Even Gingrich and Clinton used to have 3AM private phone calls.

:clap2:

Exactly. I'm so glad our votes at least stand for something these days instead of just voting for whatever line a moderate trembled to give before doing the opposite.

And of course the reverse didn't happen during the previous eight years, eh? New to politics are you?

for the country to unite normal people need to speak out and show anger at politicians and pundits who twist what is said by the other side, and we must refute the ridiculous namecalling that is tossed about regarding the other side. how can i unite with people who label those with my particular political beliefs as evil, unamerican, etc, etc? as long as one side or the other is continuosly being labelled as evil, for example , as long as every single thing the president does is criticized, such as using mustard on a sandwich or checking out a girls ass is blown up to ridiculous levels there will always be a feeling of need to get revenge on the other side, and yes it was done to bush, and yes it was done to clinton before that, etc, etc.
Who the hell are you, and what did you do with noose?

:lol:

who the hell are you?

as far as i can see...obama has not made any move to "unite" this country behind him or any recovery plan. with only 25% of the stimulus money released...(according to npr)
what is going on...i see this country being more and more divided. or perhaps its just the rantings of the extremes on both sides is driving the middle crazy. i have watched...why are liberals so stupid....why are conservatives so stupid...threads go out...people ..there is no differences in the parties....there are hot topic issues that the powers to be use to distract the people ...and i think its simply the political machine that has taken on a life of it's own...combined with people who are no longer citizens. by citizens, i mean people who take the time to research the issues and the candidates....it is impossible with today's media to get a clear picture of anything. our news is so controlled and censured....cnn and fox...it does not matter...one is spoon feeding the left....one is spoon feeding the right....so instead of looking at what is happening.....everyone simply continues the party rant. as long as you do that you will get the government you deserve.

keeping the people divided and distracted...like a gang of pickpockets in a crowd...how long are we gonna allow this? dont we all basically want the same things in life....happiness...security for our families....the ability to work hard and get a head.

i hate to be so fucking rah rha at this hour...but we need to remember this...we are americans before we are democrats or republicans or any other party. we are all americans first. we have americans dying on two war fronts, we need to remember that daily? we need to hold the current administration to the same reasoning...the causes of the wars have not change, the deaths still mount...yet there is little discussion of the death toll..which everyone did under bush? why has that changed?

does obama realize he has backed out of his promises made to a lot of "independent" voters? obama won by uniting a lot of groups....now the party will take the hit in 2010. 2 years of gridlock and we are where in 4 years...

This is an exceptional post, Bones. The only thing I could add, however is that, as with any court proceeding and due process, there is the prosecution and the defense council and the reason for this is to simply to exercise a proper distribution of representation on both sides.

In a democracy, you simply can't have absolute law, you can't have a unified point of view because it lends itself to the compromise of all views. To whatever degree politicism is exercised, either subversively, or in the best interest of it's constituents, it is far more an exercise of genuine and effective democracy to allow bi-partisanship, to allow multiple parties which reflect the ideologies of all citizens as separate collectives because an individual cannot realistically change law. They cannot realistically rally against what they believe to be an injustice or a breach of their human, civil and inherent right as a human being living in a society among other people, with other views.

Your point is certainly well taken here, nonetheless. We aspeople, as human beings all want pretty much the same thing. And we evolve into a framework of achieving these goals. The way we obtain it however involves a great deal of arbitration in the face of law, because circumstances carry a vastness in what one individuals considers to be an acceptable quality of life. In this country especially, given the vast dichotomy of its people, it is even more critical that we accommodate the right to assemble and present our respective cases in a manner which clearly poses a challenge beyond a simple complaint to the rest of the country. Without that, we would eventually become slaves to the delegated inception of a having a singularity in government, which establishes a critical defect in the distribution of equality of every citizen.

Anne Marie

if we on here..as a small group...cannot discuss things in a civil manner why do we expect anyone else to be able to do that...do we really think we elect people who are better than us...who have higher moral standards...well we do not. both parties are guilty of it. on the democrat side ...you got edwards, cheating on his dying wife....give me a break....you cant hold off until she dies? i understand that you may be lonely and want comfort but you have to wait...and i believe the child is his...now why hasnt the media...been able to prove that? simple dna tests....they got to toss diapers sometime...
then you got sanford...hardly a shining example...they all have the same problems with all do...just they have more power and money to deal with it.

we dont see the solid working men/women of america on tv....its all the nutzos etc...it never stops..the mind numbing talking heads...but it does have an on off button...

Turn off the cable news and AM radio.

Emma endorses liberal group think and a purist liberal dogma!

All those with dissenting opinions, report to the re-education camps!

Seriously. This is why I say question the premise -- the premise of this thread.

Who says we should "unite" behind the idiot notions of the loopey lefties? What's wrong with being partisan if partisan means that some of us stand opposed to the idiocy being perpetrated against all of us and our posterity, today, by the President, the libbie-Democrat Parody controlled Congress and their ideological fellow travelers?

Because partisan politics of today doesn't resemble what it was even ten years ago, when after a bloody floor debate, fueding members would meet for drinks and cigars in the outer rooms of the respective chambers and yuk it up. They weren't bitter enemies. A whole helluva lot of deal-breakers occurred behind closed doors. Even Gingrich and Clinton used to have 3AM private phone calls.

That is not necessarily a good thing, though. People do that posturing thang for public consumption then get together in private over some cigars and libations and do the dirty stuff away from prying eyes.

Look what it got us! (Yeah, I recognize that some people think that where it got us is a near Nirvana. But many of us think differently. I believe it brought us to this sad place we are today and that it will take a near miracle to extricate us from this horrible mess, if it can be done at all.)

if we on here..as a small group...cannot discuss things in a civil manner why do we expect anyone else to be able to do that...do we really think we elect people who are better than us...who have higher moral standards...well we do not. both parties are guilty of it. on the democrat side ...you got edwards, cheating on his dying wife....give me a break....you cant hold off until she dies? i understand that you may be lonely and want comfort but you have to wait...and i believe the child is his...now why hasnt the media...been able to prove that? simple dna tests....they got to toss diapers sometime...
then you got sanford...hardly a shining example...they all have the same problems with all do...just they have more power and money to deal with it.

we dont see the solid working men/women of america on tv....its all the nutzos etc...it never stops..the mind numbing talking heads...but it does have an on off button...

Geeze, you post such a fascinating thread inviting all kinds of sane responses, then it's you who gets all sidetracked. Wassup with that?

But...since you did, I happen to think Edwards acted like a sleaze, and Sanford was quite simply very much in love. I admire him for publicly expressing his honest feelings about the "other woman." Ensign on the other hand couldn't wait to have MSM post a copy of his letter to his "other woman" telling her how he had just used her. Another classic Neanderthal asshole, just like Edwards.

If Obama is to survive, he has GOT to make sure that Nancy Pelosi is NOT reelected as Speaker. Are you listening, Rahm??????

HOLY SHIT!!...i agree with ya Mags....:lol:

I was furious when I saw that health care bill come out of the house yesterday which basically undid everything debated so far. Talk about political suicide. Thank God it's DOA in the Senate. In the meantime, someone needs to put Nancy out of commission. I think I'll suggest duct-taping her office in the middle of the night as a strong hint.

put her in a closet somewhere ( Death Valley?) and nail it shut....

Because partisan politics of today doesn't resemble what it was even ten years ago, when after a bloody floor debate, fueding membefeudingd meet for drinks and cigars in the outer rooms of the respective chambers and yuk it up. They weren't bitter enemies. A whole helluva lot of deal-breakers occurred behind closed doors. Even Gingrich and Clinton used to have 3AM private phone calls.

this is absolutly true....Tom Daschle said he and Trent Lott would disagree to the point of getting kinda pissed at each other,then afterwards have dinner and talk and come to something they both could live with....he said since the later 90's till now, there is no commraderie and no compromise...they forget we are on the same team

Because partisan politics of today doesn't resemble what it was even ten years ago, when after a bloody floor debate, fueding membefeudingd meet for drinks and cigars in the outer rooms of the respective chambers and yuk it up. They weren't bitter enemies. A whole helluva lot of deal-breakers occurred behind closed doors. Even Gingrich and Clinton used to have 3AM private phone calls.

this is absolutly true....Tom Daschle said he and Trent Lott would disagree to the point of getting kinda pissed at each other,then afterwards have dinner and talk and come to something they both could live with....he said since the later 90's till now, there is no commraderie and no compromise...they forget we are on the same team

So the question remains, when did this rigid polarization begin? With Clinton who beat Bush Sr., pissed off the Republicans, then his sexual shenanigans became the icing on the cake for them? After all, I still think that's why Gore lost the election--too many people couldn't get past Clinton's personal betrayals. Then the USSC decision royally pissed off the Democrats, and here we are ten years later--gridlocked.

it didnt help the implications that we didnt have honest elections....now all elections results are in doubt.
even the landslide of obama has been called into question (now before someone points out..that it wasnt that much of a landslide...it was called that for bush...so lets move on) once you began to question the machinery and it cant answer...you have two ways to go...repair or cover up...both sides have opted to cover up...

being old school..(hush shogun) i remember simple things like paper ballots, paper trails...before the age of everything done by computer. how hard is it to register to vote? should registering to vote really be something that is simple and taken for granted? i always hear how troops are dying for our free speech and free elections? but it seems we have free speech zones now...what happen to the entire country being free speech zones...and free elections that less than 1/2 the people vote in? we have gone from denying people the right to vote to perhaps making it too easy or letting people take it for granted....you should cherish your ability to vote, freely and openly ..and your vote should count.

i dont care if you are one of those crazy fred phelps people...you still have the right to free speech....with which should come consequences....people talk about the south being violent and racist...yea well maybe we are both...but here when you call a black man a ****** and he kicks your ass...in the mountians we just call that....letting your ass over ride you mouth....and you still have the right to vote.

much was made over obama turning out the "young" vote....he didnt...the numbers were about the same...considering all the talk of newly registered voters.

it didnt help the implications that we didnt have honest elections....now all elections results are in doubt.
even the landslide of obama has been called into question (now before someone points out..that it wasnt that much of a landslide...it was called that for bush...so lets move on) once you began to question the machinery and it cant answer...you have two ways to go...repair or cover up...both sides have opted to cover up...

being old school..(hush shogun) i remember simple things like paper ballots, paper trails...before the age of everything done by computer. how hard is it to register to vote? should registering to vote really be something that is simple and taken for granted? i always hear how troops are dying for our free speech and free elections? but it seems we have free speech zones now...what happen to the entire country being free speech zones...and free elections that less than 1/2 the people vote in? we have gone from denying people the right to vote to perhaps making it too easy or letting people take it for granted....you should cherish your ability to vote, freely and openly ..and your vote should count.

i dont care if you are one of those crazy fred phelps people...you still have the right to free speech....with which should come consequences....people talk about the south being violent and racist...yea well maybe we are both...but here when you call a black man a ****** and he kicks your ass...in the mountians we just call that....letting your ass over ride you mouth....and you still have the right to vote.

much was made over obama turning out the "young" vote....he didnt...the numbers were about the same...considering all the talk of newly registered voters.

At the last election in the UK, we still had to get a piece of paper with the names of the candidates on it, take a pencil, put an X in the box next to the desired name, fold the piece of paper up and but it is a ballot box, like it's been done for centuries.

Old school and low tech I know, but infinitely more satisfying IMO. We were all roaring with laughter at the whole "hanging chad" thing. I think everyone was amazed that a country like America could fuck up something so basic.

At the last election in the UK, we still had to get a piece of paper with the names of the candidates on it, take a pencil, put an X in the box next to the desired name, fold the piece of paper up and but it is a ballot box, like it's been done for centuries.

Old school and low tech I know, but infinitely more satisfying IMO. We were all roaring with laughter at the whole "hanging chad" thing. I think everyone was amazed that a country like America could fuck up something so basic.

Even more shocking to people living outside this country is the fact that every state has its own "rules" for election day--from the designated hours polls will stay open to the type of voting machines used. Uniformity would go a long way toward resolving issues at the ballot box before they escalate into national scandals.

And let's ALL hope and pray the party committees resolve once and for all how far in advance of a national election primaries can be held so we don't have to go through THAT nonsense again. On the Republican side, McCain won enough delegates so early on that most states didn't even have a chance to cast ballots for anyone else. On the Democratic side, with states trying to leapfrog in front of each other, the primary campaign went on for almost a year.

Forum List

Back