What are your favorite songs made for or made famous by TV shows or movies?

A good song, but it is no more a masterpiece than Bolero.

Sure it isn't.... It's still relevant 45 years after it was written, it was owned by a significant portion of the Earths population, It has been played orders of magnitude more times than Bolero, it created an entirely new genre of music, it launched Virgin Records and made branson enough money to play his games.

The only reason you say something this stupid is because you either want to pick a fight, or you're the most musically ignorant twat the planet has ever seen. I'll let you choose which category.

Mike Oldfield’s iconic Album Tubular Bells arranged for Brass.

A musical spectacular of Tubular Bells in Brass comes to South Yorkshire.

In a magnificent new music event a 28 piece brass band perform Mike Oldfield’s iconic album, Tubular Bells live to audiences in Barnsley.

“Absolutely terrific, and the most satisfying live musical event I’ve attended in years.” The Arts Desk

At the age of just 19 Mike Oldfield released a totally original, startling and mesmerising trip through new age prog rock. He called it Tubular Bells. The landmark album became one of the biggest selling albums of all time, and famously stayed in the charts for an incredible 279 weeks as well as gaining worldwide attention for its opening piano motif on the classic demonic-possession horror film The Exorcist.

44 years later acclaimed composer, conductor and arranger Sandy Smith presents a new score of the classic album performed live by Tubular Brass – a 28-piece brass band featuring some of the UK’s finest players. The size and flexibility of the ensemble allows Tubular Bells to be heard in a new light. It is a wholly unique, collaborative sound and seemingl, a first of its kind both live and on record.

Mike Oldfield’s iconic Album Tubular Bells arranged for Brass. | The Civic

Sure it isn't.... It's still relevant 45 years after it was written, it was owned by a significant portion of the Earths population, It has been played orders of magnitude more times than Bolero, it created an entirely new genre of music, it launched Virgin Records and made branson enough money to play his games.

The only reason you say something this stupid is because you either want to pick a fight, or you're the most musically ignorant twat the planet has ever seen. I'll let you choose which category.

In a magnificent new music event a 28 piece brass band perform Mike Oldfield’s iconic album, Tubular Bells live to audiences in Barnsley.

“Absolutely terrific, and the most satisfying live musical event I’ve attended in years.” The Arts Desk

At the age of just 19 Mike Oldfield released a totally original, startling and mesmerising trip through new age prog rock. He called it Tubular Bells. The landmark album became one of the biggest selling albums of all time, and famously stayed in the charts for an incredible 279 weeks as well as gaining worldwide attention for its opening piano motif on the classic demonic-possession horror film The Exorcist.

44 years later acclaimed composer, conductor and arranger Sandy Smith presents a new score of the classic album performed live by Tubular Brass – a 28-piece brass band featuring some of the UK’s finest players. The size and flexibility of the ensemble allows Tubular Bells to be heard in a new light. It is a wholly unique, collaborative sound and seemingl, a first of its kind both live and on record.

Yes, an advertisement poster said it was wonderful. I went to a circus with 2 elephants, a seal, and a skinny girl that balanced on a big striped ball that was advertised as the greatest show on earth. You might claim to know everything else in the world, but you don't know the difference between a pretty good song and a masterpiece. That's an area you can't bluff yourself through.

Yes, an advertisement poster said it was wonderful. I went to a circus with 2 elephants, a seal, and a skinny girl that balanced on a big striped ball that was advertised as the greatest show on earth. You might claim to know everything else in the world, but you don't know the difference between a pretty good song and a masterpiece. That's an area you can't bluff yourself through.

Got anymore non sequiturs to spew out? It's fine if you don't care for it. I truly don't care, but to ignore the enduring impact that this album has had on music is asinine. Of course you are an ass, so you are merely holding to form.

Got anymore non sequiturs to spew out? It's fine if you don't care for it. I truly don't care, but to ignore the enduring impact that this album has had on music is asinine. Of course you are an ass, so you are merely holding to form.

I like the music. I even performed it a few times. Only an idiot, or someone trying to sell tickets to a concert would say that it had an enduring impact on music.

upload_2018-1-10_23-39-53.jpeg

*****SMILE*****

:)

This recording was made for the 1990 film My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys. My newest favorite singer is the late beautiful precious who gets the song started here, I love him SO much!!!

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back