What are YOU doing to help stop terror?

What a shocker..

ole Wyatt running to the aid of RSR once again...

And I'd get more intelligent responses from nearly all of them, but you're missing the point:You meant that you have a silly idea. This is my thread, remember? I'm the OP; it's my topic. What do YOU do when you start a topic and a board member who isn't housebroken comes along and pees all over it? Warn him, at least, if not ban him, would be my guess.I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you. ;)
Tell you what. If you'd like to stop by and let me tie your arms and legs to one of my dining room chairs, I'll tell you all about it. :badgrin:

One, it is not "your" thread. It's the board's once you hit submit. However, I have no real issue with your wishing to keep it on topic.

Two, I do not use my position as a moderator to take unfair advantage in an argument. I despise board staff members who do that, and I will not.

Three, if you just want to destroy one of your chairs, you really can go about it in much easier fashion than having me temporarily annoyed by it.:badgrin:

Irrelvant to the topic. I believe the question is "What are YOU doing in the WOT?"

Let's see if you can answer the question without using the words Democrat, liberal, suck and or any variation thereof.

I will be NOT voting for the Republican Representative to the US Congress in 2008. Walter B. Jones Jr. has shown his true colors and reverted to his original party in actual deeds and voting. I won't be voting for a NON Republican either, but have sent emails to the party asking them to please find a real Conservative to run for the position.

I further donate to the Republican issues campaign. If I were not Diabetic and ill, I would be trying to get a job in Iraq as a Civilian as well.

DID I meet your requirements? )

Irrelvant to the topic. I believe the question is "What are YOU doing in the WOT?"

Let's see if you can answer the question without using the words Democrat, liberal, suck and or any variation thereof.

I send about CARE packages every month to several US Marines (some I knwo - others are friends of friends)

In each CARE package I include lemonade mix, beef jerky, cookies, crackers, lotion (uniforms cause skin chafing) a phone card, and other items.

Simple items we take for granted - but items these guys love to get

It is a very small price to pay - compared to what they are doing. They write back saying it makes a big differnce - and to the guys in their unit they share the stuff with

I will be NOT voting for the Republican Representative to the US Congress in 2008. Walter B. Jones Jr. has shown his true colors and reverted to his original party in actual deeds and voting. I won't be voting for a NON Republican either, but have sent emails to the party asking them to please find a real Conservative to run for the position.

I further donate to the Republican issues campaign. If I were not Diabetic and ill, I would be trying to get a job in Iraq as a Civilian as well.

DID I meet your requirements? )

I see exactly where you're coming from. I've had it up to my ears as well with RINOs.

However, I would ask you this: Is it a traditional conservative position to try and police the world? IMO, traditional conservatism would embrace isolationism, not globalism.

I see exactly where you're coming from. I've had it up to my ears as well with RINOs.

However, I would ask you this: Is it a traditional conservative position to try and police the world? IMO, traditional conservatism would embrace isolationism, not globalism.

Terrorism is world wide and is a DIRECT threat to us. We can NOT treat it as a police problem nor can we ignore it any longer. We tried that for the last 40 years and look where it got us.

Terrorism is world wide and is a DIRECT threat to us. We can NOT treat it as a police problem nor can we ignore it any longer. We tried that for the last 40 years and look where it got us.

Again, I agree. Do you think the current strategy and tactics are successful?

IMO, we're not as successful as we could be if we quit trying to fight an unsrupulous emeny with PC rules.

I send about CARE packages every month to several US Marines (some I knwo - others are friends of friends)

In each CARE package I include lemonade mix, beef jerky, cookies, crackers, lotion (uniforms cause skin chafing) a phone card, and other items.

Simple items we take for granted - but items these guys love to get

It is a very small price to pay - compared to what they are doing. They write back saying it makes a big differnce - and to the guys in their unit they share the stuff with

Commendable. But dump the crackers. One thing MREs ALWAYS have is crackers. You put them in your pockets to deflect bullets.:eusa_shifty:

Again, I agree. Do you think the current strategy and tactics are successful?

IMO, we're not as successful as we could be if we quit trying to fight an unsrupulous emeny with PC rules.

The day will come , hopefully, when we realize we can not fight terrorism with our hands tied behind our back. I suspect that won't happen until a terrorist strike kills enough people all at once for the " its a law enforcement" people to wake the hell up. Well let me further add, the dead have to be the " right" sort.

It is perfectly ok to murder hundreds of thousands in any NON western or 1st World Country. No one really gives a damn. Hell the supposed bleeding hearts SUPPORT terrorists if they are killing the right group.

But right now we are stuck with suposedly intelligent , TRAINED, people that would rather lose because they do not like the President. The claim that Iraq is not part of the war on terror is on its face LUDICROUS.

It does not matter one bit why or whether we should have gone into Iraq. WE ARE THERE. The Enemy is THERE. Leaving before we provide a stable military and police indigenous to Iraq is the BIGGEST mistake we can ever make. Such a retreat WILL result in anarchy in a Major oil producing region that will effect the entire world. It will embolden the terrorists. It will free terrorist assets to be used elsewhere. It will likely result in income and facilities for the Terrorists to use else where. It will destabilize the entire Gulf region. It will embolden Countries that support , fund and train terrorists. It will once again tell our allies we can not be counted on to follow through even in our own National Interest.

The day will come , hopefully, when we realize we can not fight terrorism with our hands tied behind our back. I suspect that won't happen until a terrorist strike kills enough people all at once for the " its a law enforcement" people to wake the hell up. Well let me further add, the dead have to be the " right" sort.

It is perfectly ok to murder hundreds of thousands in any NON western or 1st World Country. No one really gives a damn. Hell the supposed bleeding hearts SUPPORT terrorists if they are killing the right group.

But right now we are stuck with suposedly intelligent , TRAINED, people that would rather lose because they do not like the President. The claim that Iraq is not part of the war on terror is on its face LUDICROUS.

It does not matter one bit why or whether we should have gone into Iraq. WE ARE THERE. The Enemy is THERE. Leaving before we provide a stable military and police indigenous to Iraq is the BIGGEST mistake we can ever make. Such a retreat WILL result in anarchy in a Major oil producing region that will effect the entire world. It will embolden the terrorists. It will free terrorist assets to be used elsewhere. It will likely result in income and facilities for the Terrorists to use else where. It will destabilize the entire Gulf region. It will embolden Countries that support , fund and train terrorists. It will once again tell our allies we can not be counted on to follow through even in our own National Interest.

Hope you aren't waiting in ME to argue against that. Looks pretty logical to me. I'm sure someone will come along and let you know what-all's wrong with it.:lol:

Commendable. But dump the crackers. One thing MREs ALWAYS have is crackers. You put them in your pockets to deflect bullets.:eusa_shifty:

It is different typre of crackers : Town House, Rye, and Cheeze Its. I mix them up for the guys

So far no complaints - and I ask them what they want

They say thanks for sending what I do - and anything will be fine

It is different typre of crackers : Town House, Rye, and Cheeze Its. I mix them up for the guys

So far no complaints - and I ask them what they want

They say thanks for sending what I do - and anything will be fine

Cheeze Its!!! My sons love Cheeze Its. Coldn't send them enough. That and Gator Aid. When they first went over there they couldn't get it...sent them cases of the stuff.

Cheeze Its!!! My sons love Cheeze Its. Coldn't send them enough. That and Gator Aid. When they first went over there they couldn't get it...sent them cases of the stuff.

The items I send are simple items we take for granted. The men and women over there love to get mail - but packages from strangers really mean alot to them

Any ideas what else I can include in the CARE packages?

Forum List

Back