Reid To Bring Back Surrender Bill

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Dems will waste more time, and continue to undermine the troops - as White Flag Harry will try to bring back the Dems Surrender Bill

White Flag Harry is feeling the heat from the anti war peace niks, and he to appease them as well as the terrorists

Reid adjusts antiwar strategy
By S.A. Miller
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 15, 2007

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has refocused his antiwar crusade as his and Congress' job-approval ratings plummet to all-time lows.
Mr. Reid began the week Monday by vowing to "push very, very hard" for troop withdrawal from Iraq in a Defense Department budget authorization bill in two weeks.
The next day -- as the Senate began work on the energy bill and tried to revive immigration legislation -- the Nevada Democrat and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California sent a letter to the White House imploring the president to heed the Democrat-led Congress' call for a pullout.
That same day, Mr. Reid railed against the war and U.S. military leaders in a conference call with a group of liberal bloggers.
And yesterday, he said the Pentagon's quarterly report on Iraq shows that President Bush's war strategy is not working.
"Attacks on U.S. forces are up, not down," said Mr. Reid, who with Mrs. Pelosi last month capitulated to Mr. Bush's demand for a war-funding bill without a troop-withdrawal timetable.
The spate of antiwar activity by Mr. Reid follows a drop in the Senate leader's poll numbers and coincides with the start of the "Iraq summer" antiwar campaign. The Americans Against Escalation in Iraq -- an umbrella group of liberal organizations including MoveOn.org and the Center for American Progress Action Fund -- will target Republican lawmakers in 15 states "from Nevada to Maine."

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20070615-121733-6676r.htm

White Flag Harry is in trouble (not from the liberal media of course) over his insulting remarks he made about Gen Pace,a nd Gen Petraeus to a bunch of left wing bloggers

Reid comments on Pace, Petraeus cause a ruckus

Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) caused a stir on Thursday when Politico reported some unfavorable comments he had made a couple of days earlier regarding Marine Corps Gen. Peter Pace, the outgoing chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Gen. David Petraeus, U.S. commander in Iraq, during a conference call with liberal bloggers.

Initially, several of the bloggers who took part in Tuesday’s call challenged the article and said Reid had never made derogatory comments on Pace or Petraeus. But then one, Bob Geiger of BobGeiger.com, stepped forward to confirm that the Nevada Democrat did in fact call Pace an “incompetent man” during the interview.

As reported by Geiger, here is Reid’s full quote on Pace from Tuesday's call:

"I guess the president, uh, he's gotten rid of Pace because he could not get him confirmed here in the Senate... Pace is also a yes-man for the president and I told him to his face, I laid it out to him last time he came to see me, I told him what an incompetent man I thought he was.”

Geiger said the Politico article did not offer adequate context for Reid's remarks. "What he said about Pace was not said in the spirit of throwing some rhetorical red meat to a bunch of liberal bloggers by gratuitously bashing Gen. Pace -- which is certainly what one could infer from The Politico's 'reporting' on this story," Geiger wrote.

Several of the bloggers on the call also said they did not remember Reid saying anything about Petraeus, although other sources familiar with the conversation said Reid did make “disparaging remarks” about the Iraq commander.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0607/Reid_comments_on_Pace_Petraeus_cause_a_ruckus.html

RSR: do YOU think that Pace was doing a great job? why do YOU think Gates asked him to step down early? (besides the fact that he wanted a naval officer in charge - which makes sense to me!)

RSR: do YOU think that Pace was doing a great job? why do YOU think Gates asked him to step down early? (besides the fact that he wanted a naval officer in charge - which makes sense to me!)

Nothing new when libs attack a member of the US military

Ellen Tauscher (D) CA - accused General Pace of dereliction of duty for supporting the President's Iraq policies. She attacked him for his personal opinions on homosexuality in military service, calling him "ignorant."

It is nice to see Dems supporting the military

can you just answer my question, please?

do YOU think that Pace was doing a great job? why do YOU think Gates asked him to step down early?

can you just answer my question, please?

do YOU think that Pace was doing a great job? why do YOU think Gates asked him to step down early?

He was doing a good job, now the Dems have stooped to attacking members of the US military

Nothing new for them - but know they are doing it out in the open

Of course, White Flag Harry tried to lie his way out of his insulting vcomments

He was doing a good job, now the Dems have stooped to attacking members of the US military

Nothing new for them - but know they are doing it out in the open

Of course, White Flag Harry tried to lie his way out of his insulting vcomments

you failed to answer my question. If he was doing such a good job, why did Gates ask him to step aside?

you failed to answer my question. If he was doing such a good job, why did Gates ask him to step aside?

It is so nice to see you giving your fellow Dems a pass after they smear a member of the US military

You have a loooooong history of doing that anyway

it is not so nice to see that you continue to avoid answering questions.

A Marine Corps four-star general, who rose to chair the Joint Chiefs, is now accused Dems of dereliction for his wanting to winning a war!

More ways the Dems show their "support" for the US military

here was the question:

If he was doing such a good job, why did Gates ask him to step aside?

please quit spinning and spewing and just answer the fucking question.

here was the question:

If he was doing such a good job, why did Gates ask him to step aside?

please quit spinning and spewing and just answer the fucking question.

and you keep defending the sliming of the US military

every member of the military can be removed from their current duties at any time

every member of the military can be removed from their current duties at any time

of course they can. But are you suggesting that Gates' removal of Pace was arbitrary and capricious? Are you saying he removed him for no good reason? Or, if he did have a reason, what do you think it was, if not performance? And further, shouldn't performance be the ONLY good reason for taking a four star out of a fight he wants to keep fighting?

of course they can. But are you suggesting that Gates' removal of Pace was arbitrary and capricious? Are you saying he removed him for no good reason? Or, if he did have a reason, what do you think it was, if not performance? And further, shouldn't performance be the ONLY good reason for taking a four star out of a fight he wants to keep fighting?

The military does not have to have a reason to remove a commander

It seems you have no problem with the Dems insulting and smearing the troops - nothing new for you

The military does not have to have a reason to remove a commander

this is NOT an answer. Do you really think that the secretary of defense is going to remove the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff - when the general has stated that he wants to stay - for NO REASON?

and when you get to have four stars, you enter the realm of politics, and aren't really a "troop" anymore. four stars who brief congress should be ready to be castigated for poor briefing skills... and for poor leadership skills.

Tell me again why you think Gate's canned Pace?

this is NOT an answer. Do you really think that the secretary of defense is going to remove the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff - when the general has stated that he wants to stay - for NO REASON?

and when you get to have four stars, you enter the realm of politics, and aren't really a "troop" anymore. four stars who brief congress should be ready to be castigated for poor briefing skills... and for poor leadership skills.

Tell me again why you think Gate's canned Pace?

Keep trying to avoid the fact how Dems are smearing another member of the US military

Forum List

Back