What are you doing here?

I love being Black. Thats what I am. You cant understand me as a person if you pretend you dont see what my race is.

I don't love being any particular skin color. It does not make me who I am. And to understand you is to see what your race is?? Really? I can't understand you or appreciate you or dislike you because of who you are and not what color you are? I don't see your skin. I see YOU, in what little I can see from written words. You are putting blocks up with that mindset and I find it quite sad. But, you are not alone in this thinking. That is why racism will never die. On either side.
Have been off board for a couple days. Things have been busy, I see.
I've had white people tell me that I should not see color. To them, I say this: That’s an easy thing to suggest. But I, as a White person, have never felt the pangs from the stares, the negative vibes from the body language, the rejection from the crossing to the other side that many black people have felt. Every time a white person inches away, screws up their face, follows customers around the store, pulls someone over because he looks suspicious, assumes a child can’t learn, passes over someone for a promotion, pays someone less money for the same job, clutches a purse or quickly locks a car door, it is a reminder that for many white people, color still matters. And I don’t think we can get past it until we all face it together.
You must live in a really shitty neighborhood. Or, you are seeing shit that just is not happening except in your own mind.
Neither is true. I see quite clearly with both eyes wide open, thank you.

Boy beaten with hammer while protecting sister dies

This 8 year old boy died after being beat with a hammer, protecting his sister. When will you get off your ass and stop blaming whitey and speak up in behalf of little black kids being killed by black men, Delores???
I do not see speaking the truth as placing blame. And I do not see these continually exploited "pick and choose" videos as representative of all black people.

This 8 year old boy died after being beat with a hammer, protecting his sister. When will you get off your ass and stop blaming whitey and speak up in behalf of little black kids being killed by black men, Delores???
I do not see speaking the truth as placing blame. And I do not see these continually exploited "pick and choose" videos as representative of all black people.
But you are picking and choosing as well. You ignore the facts, Delores.
Here is some advice...given by a black man recently on a youtube vid:

GET OFF YOUR ASS, STOP WHINING, DO SOMETHING BESIDES WHINE AND MOAN. Do something for your own neighborhoods. Otherwise, STFU.

I love being Black. Thats what I am. You cant understand me as a person if you pretend you dont see what my race is.

I don't love being any particular skin color. It does not make me who I am. And to understand you is to see what your race is?? Really? I can't understand you or appreciate you or dislike you because of who you are and not what color you are? I don't see your skin. I see YOU, in what little I can see from written words. You are putting blocks up with that mindset and I find it quite sad. But, you are not alone in this thinking. That is why racism will never die. On either side.
Have been off board for a couple days. Things have been busy, I see.
I've had white people tell me that I should not see color. To them, I say this: That’s an easy thing to suggest. But I, as a White person, have never felt the pangs from the stares, the negative vibes from the body language, the rejection from the crossing to the other side that many black people have felt. Every time a white person inches away, screws up their face, follows customers around the store, pulls someone over because he looks suspicious, assumes a child can’t learn, passes over someone for a promotion, pays someone less money for the same job, clutches a purse or quickly locks a car door, it is a reminder that for many white people, color still matters. And I don’t think we can get past it until we all face it together.
You must live in a really shitty neighborhood. Or, you are seeing shit that just is not happening except in your own mind.
Neither is true. I see quite clearly with both eyes wide open, thank you.
You see nothing because you head is buried in the sand.

GET OFF YOUR ASS, STOP WHINING, DO SOMETHING BESIDES WHINE AND MOAN. Do something for your own neighborhoods. Otherwise, STFU.
I agree with that last statement. If your ass aint doing something to give back and improve your peoples condition you the last MFer I want representing me.

Yes, I choose. I choose positive images over negative ones. I choose to lift black people up, not put them down. I choose to unlearn the whitened version of history and the stereotypes I heard as a child.(You know, the ones some of you guys still insist on repeating: blacks are lazy, dumb, violent, good-for-nothing, oversexed, etc. etc.) I do not remember hearing one positive thing about blacks when I was a child. Some religious people even said, "They need the gospel too, dear, but we can't associate with them."

So now I choose to put in a positive light what has been historically demonized into darkness. This is not to bury my head in the sand and deny that there are problems. This is just focusing on positives because the negatives have been focused on for long enough already.
And focusing on the negative does not fix anything. Not that many of you would actually want anything fixed, because then who would you have to talk about?

Oh, and, just because I love one thing - say, strawberry ice cream. That doesn't mean I automatically hate vanilla.

You are focusing on a mirror. You refuse to see from whence the problem REALLY is. The negative you refuse to see is your denial of what is in front of your face. You lift black people up with empty words and keep the hatred for whites alive in their hearts. There is no positive in what you write. Only more pushing YOU back where nobody wants to listen to you because you continue to find excuses for those YOU deem negative. Otherwise, why bust ass to deflect shortcomings from BOTH sides? You only see one side, Delores. You fail at what you do because you teach the very thing you rail against with your own actions.

You are focusing on a mirror. You refuse to see from whence the problem REALLY is. The negative you refuse to see is your denial of what is in front of your face. You lift black people up with empty words and keep the hatred for whites alive in their hearts. There is no positive in what you write. Only more pushing YOU back where nobody wants to listen to you because you continue to find excuses for those YOU deem negative. Otherwise, why bust ass to deflect shortcomings from BOTH sides? You only see one side, Delores. You fail at what you do because you teach the very thing you rail against with your own actions.
Why do you keep saying hatred for whites? No one is teaching hate and the black people I know don't have hatred for whites. It's hatred for injustice.

And since you don't know me personally like people in my neighborhood, where I work and worship, you no nothing about my actions.

Why do you keep saying hatred for whites? No one is teaching hate and the black people I know don't have hatred for whites. It's hatred for injustice.

And since you don't know me personally like people in my neighborhood, where I work and worship, you no nothing about my actions.
Your post seem to make you appear to think all blacks are good law abiding citizens and all whites are evil, since you have nothing negative to say about blacks and nothing positive to say about whites.

Your post seem to make you appear to think all blacks are good law abiding citizens and all whites are evil, since you have nothing negative to say about blacks and nothing positive to say about whites.
Being ridiculous doesnt make you more credible. Stop whining and making up things. Her point wasnt to say anything positive about whites. Check the OP.

Being ridiculous doesnt make you more credible. Stop whining and making up things. Her point wasnt to say anything positive about whites. Check the OP.
Whining? LOL I replied to her post, I didn't whine. Her point is to always talk against whites.

Whining? LOL I replied to her post, I didn't whine. Her point is to always talk against whites.
What do you mean against whites? Stating facts is not against whites. Its just stating facts. To date I havent seen anything about "all whites" in her posts.

What do you mean against whites? Stating facts is not against whites. Its just stating facts. To date I havent seen anything about "all whites" in her posts.
Not facts, just her opinions. She does more copy and paste or quoting from books she has read as if they are gospel.

You can't "fix" anything until you acknowledge the whole machine is broken..not just one part of it. And you KNOW there are parts you defend that need to get on board to repair damage. Until you focus on ALL parts of that machine...you will get nowhere.

You, Delores, are on a mission to denigrate whites while you ignore the black problem. Is there racism? Of course. On both sides. Is there injustice? Of course. On both sides. You refuse to acknowledge that and until you do...you will continue to have tunnel vision and you will be met with the same responses folks here at USMB give you which is mostly negative. Unless that is your goal.

Not facts, just her opinions. She does more copy and paste or quoting from books she has read as if they are gospel.
Thats just your opinion her words arent fact. The OP looks original to me. Can you prove she quoted a book which to be technical is gospel.

You can't "fix" anything until you acknowledge the whole machine is broken..not just one part of it. And you KNOW there are parts you defend that need to get on board to repair damage. Until you focus on ALL parts of that machine...you will get nowhere.

You, Delores, are on a mission to denigrate whites while you ignore the black problem. Is there racism? Of course. On both sides. Is there injustice? Of course. On both sides. You refuse to acknowledge that and until you do...you will continue to have tunnel vision and you will be met with the same responses folks here at USMB give you which is mostly negative. Unless that is your goal.
Until racism is removed Blacks will remain distracted. You want Blacks to fix their issues while dealing with white bullshit then you are part of the problem. I tell Blacks all the time. Whites cant stop you. They can only offer up road blocks and make noise. If you ignore them and do you....nothing they say or do can stop you.

Thats just your opinion her words arent fact. The OP looks original to me. Can you prove she quoted a book which to be technical is gospel.
Many of her posts she has excerpts from books she has read, as if they are truth, just because they are in a book. She is one sided. Like Gracie said, there are problems in all races, not just one, which seems to be Dolores' focus.

Many of her posts she has excerpts from books she has read, as if they are truth, just because they are in a book. She is one sided. Like Gracie said, there are problems in all races, not just one, which seems to be Dolores' focus.
She wasnt talking about all races. You cant force her to pick the topic you want her to talk about. She was talking specifically about whites and their actions towards Blacks.

Forum List

Back