What are you doing, GOP?

What are you doing, GOP?

getting their ass handed to them.

They are? How?

the sleaziest bickering between the candidates. the pledge given. the pledge tanking. a brokered convention is seeming to become reality. meetings behind closed doors to strategize against your party's frontrunner....

no, no reason to think anything is wrong...

And compared to what, super delegates that will guarantee Hillary a win no matter how many states Sanders might take????

Sure seems like both sides have the same problem, but only one is coming apart at the seams and having their ass handed to them?

ya, that super delegate 'rule' is stupid... but if Hillary wins, Bernie won't contest it & visey versey. the (D)s are a unified party for the most part & even the silly Bernie bros who claim they won't vote for Hillary... will. just like in 2008, when the Hillary supporters called 'pumas' said they wouldn't vote for Obama... even when Hillary dropped out & supported Obama; but they did vote for him & he won by resounding numbers.

BTW- now there is talk that the GOP might change its own rule- by eliminating the required minimum amount of states a candidate can win in delegates... from 7(or 8) to less than that, thus allowing a nomination other than Trump.

hehehe... now....what were you saying?

I don't really see the difference. If Sanders would magically have a comeback and they still choose Hillary, you will have the same thing as our side if Trump takes the win and they don't give it to him.

Don't think for a minute Sanders would take that sitting down. He and Trump are both the same people when preaching about government corruption. It's one of the reasons why both have gotten as far as they have.

I don't know if Sanders would go as far as running for a third party, but I wouldn't put it past him. I can almost guarantee you Trump will.

Well, now Donald has dumped CPAC, I guess he figured it was going to be too hostile. These are strange days indeed. If the Dems had a decent candidate the GOP would be in trouble.
I got the impression that CPAC was really wanting Trump to make an appearance at their convention and lay out his conservative bona fides. I didn't like Krugman's book, the Great Unraveling because I thought it was less about society in general and more about blaming W in explaining how we got into this mess.

But it could be a good title for the gop.

Well, now Donald has dumped CPAC, I guess he figured it was going to be too hostile. These are strange days indeed. If the Dems had a decent candidate the GOP would be in trouble.
I got the impression that CPAC was really wanting Trump to make an appearance at their convention and lay out his conservative bona fides. I didn't like Krugman's book, the Great Unraveling because I thought it was less about society in general and more about blaming W in explaining how we got into this mess.

But it could be a good title for the gop.

I think you are right on about CPAC and if Cruz ends up eventually winning the nomination, political historians will point to the CPAC convention as the "turning point" in Trump's campaign. It seems to be the point at which the rubber meets the road for true Conservatives. Since then, more and more Conservative support has slid toward Cruz and away from Trump.

As for the "Unraveling" ...I predicted this back in 2012 after Romney's loss. Since that time, the Establishment has become even more hostile and recalcitrant toward the Conservative base.

What are you doing, GOP?

getting their ass handed to them.

They are? How?

the sleaziest bickering between the candidates. the pledge given. the pledge tanking. a brokered convention is seeming to become reality. meetings behind closed doors to strategize against your party's frontrunner....

no, no reason to think anything is wrong...

And compared to what, super delegates that will guarantee Hillary a win no matter how many states Sanders might take????

Sure seems like both sides have the same problem, but only one is coming apart at the seams and having their ass handed to them?

ya, that super delegate 'rule' is stupid... but if Hillary wins, Bernie won't contest it & visey versey. the (D)s are a unified party for the most part & even the silly Bernie bros who claim they won't vote for Hillary... will. just like in 2008, when the Hillary supporters called 'pumas' said they wouldn't vote for Obama... even when Hillary dropped out & supported Obama; but they did vote for him & he won by resounding numbers.

BTW- now there is talk that the GOP might change its own rule- by eliminating the required minimum amount of states a candidate can win in delegates... from 7(or 8) to less than that, thus allowing a nomination other than Trump.

hehehe... now....what were you saying?

I don't really see the difference. If Sanders would magically have a comeback and they still choose Hillary, you will have the same thing as our side if Trump takes the win and they don't give it to him.

Don't think for a minute Sanders would take that sitting down. He and Trump are both the same people when preaching about government corruption. It's one of the reasons why both have gotten as far as they have.

I don't know if Sanders would go as far as running for a third party, but I wouldn't put it past him. I can almost guarantee you Trump will.

I'm not thinking Bernie would. I remember how Hillary was really going at at back in '08...BUT I also remember her saying in the end the Dems will unite & she will unite with them. And did. Bernie just said the same thing a day or 2 ago as well.

Trump is the GOP's Frankenstein with Ted & Kasich tag teaming now to try & take him down. it's so freakin fun to watch :popcorn:

Forum List

Back