what are we in for?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by elvis, Oct 26, 2008.

1. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    At a Seattle, Wash., fundraiser Sunday, Biden said, "Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America ... Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

I would like everyone's guesses, regardless of political view, what crisis is on the horizon? I didn't post a link, because there is too much opinion wrapped around this.

2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    The violence in Afghanistan and Iraq will escalate tremendously, North Korea will fire a few more missiles, Russia will sell everything Iran needs to build a nuclear bomb and the economy will continue to slide.

3. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    ouch. frightening.

4. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Hot button issues are:

Iran and Israel
    Terrorist attack on US mainland
    Syria and the US
    Russia and Georgia
    Russia and Poland
    Russia and the Ukraine
    China and Taiwan
    India and Pakistan
    Al Sadr and Iraq
    Al Queda in Afghanistan
    Al Queda in Iraq

How difficult is it for a guy to walk onto a train or bus with a backpack loaded with explosives? Watch the first episode of 24 season 6. This is a very realistic depiction of what the US could be like under a massive attack by a large group of terrorist cells. I think we could very likely see an attack sometime next year on US mainland, unless Al Queda is crippled and has nothing to it whatsoever. Terrorist cells act independent of each other, so no one knows who the other cell is. There are likely a couple of dozen sleeper cells in the US waiting for their orders. I say we see a coordinated attack in New York City, Chicago, LA, Houston and San Francisco. This is not a question of if, it's more a question of when.

Russia has also threatened the US and Europe over our missile shield we're deploying in Poland the Ukraine. Russia just proved to us that their military has not only been re-built, it's also been retained and is faster and more powerful than it's been in a very long time. Obama needs to take this off of the table and back out of this missile defense shield. Iran doesn't have missiles that can reach Eastern Europe nor has Iran ever threatened Poland or the Ukraine. This is what we did in the 1960s, when we deployed missiles in Turkey that caused the Cuban Missile Crisis.

There is a growing alliance between Venuzuela, Iran and Russia. We need to take this tension off of the table, get the defense shield out of there, not admit Ukraine and Poland to NATO and focus on re-stregnthening our relationship with Russia. That will allow us to apply pressure to Iran and hopefully get them stop enriching uranium. If not, Russia will be more inclined to back military intervention.

5. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    By the way Liberman said the same sort of thing about the next President! They tested both Clinton and Bush!

6. Luissa

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
  7. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    Tested the way Kennedy was? we are talking Berlin Wall, Cuban Missile Crisis if Biden is correct. The point Biden was making is that there will be an international crisis if Obama is elected. I like to know the most likely scenarios.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  8. Luissa

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    At least he is warning us and knows enough that terrorist org. might want to test us no matter who the President was! HE isn't just living in fantasy land or just going to let it happen. I am sure they will test whoever is elected. And did you ever think he said Obama because each side likes to talk like their guy is going to win. When Lieberman said it, he was refering to if McCain won.

9. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    Biden's reasoning had to do with the fact that Obama is young and inexperienced; that our enemies don't think he is up to the job; that he will have to prove himself; that he will need OUR help.

10. Luissa

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    Like I said before they tested both Clinton and Bush! Which Biden talks about and if you don't think they will test McCain if he is elected you are living in a fatasy land!