What Are These People Thinking?

Needless to say, I side with the students.
"There are things we may not be proud of as Americans," she said. "But we shouldn't be encouraging our kids to think that America is a bad place."

What makes America a "good place" is that we are expected and even required to question what is around us.

Right or left, we should not teach our children blind obedience. Patriotism IS civil disobedience and questioning authority.

If not for this refusal to go along with the loudest voices, we would not be a nation today. It worked for our very liberal and traitorous liberals during revolutionary times and it still works today.

Full libtard combined with youthful self-centeredness is a toxic brew.

Protesting against conservative positions is a sign of enlightenment. Details don't matter. Liberals are enlightened, conservatives are monsters. Protesting is to liberals like preening is to peacocks. Add youth to that brew and this is the outcome.

Time to end public schools. Liberals can send their kids to indoctrination factories and normal parents can send their kids to normal schools.

Full libtard combined with youthful self-centeredness is a toxic brew.

Protesting against conservative positions is a sign of enlightenment. Details don't matter. Liberals are enlightened, conservatives are monsters. Protesting is to liberals like preening is to peacocks. Add youth to that brew and this is the outcome.

Time to end public schools. Liberals can send their kids to indoctrination factories and normal parents can send their kids to normal schools.

I agree.

RW fundie home schooled kids do as Rush tells them to do and those damn lib kids should be forced to go along with it too.

Go look in the mirror ...

parableofsheep.jpg

Hundreds of students walked out of classrooms around suburban Denver on Tuesday in protest over a conservative-led school board proposal to focus history education on topics that promote citizenship, patriotism and respect for authority, providing a show of civil disobedience that the new standards would aim to downplay.
Wow, sounds like a perfect Right Wing Nut agenda.

These kids didn't come up with this on their own. Was it the seiu or just a few progressive teachers that organized this? My guess? seiu.

Last edited:
As long as it's Liberal approved civil disobedience.

Ferguson Riots? Liberal approved.

Bundy Ranch? Not Liberal approved.

Patriotism? How can liberals destroy the country if America is not the enemy?

Needless to say, I side with the students.
"There are things we may not be proud of as Americans," she said. "But we shouldn't be encouraging our kids to think that America is a bad place."

What makes America a "good place" is that we are expected and even required to question what is around us.

Right or left, we should not teach our children blind obedience. Patriotism IS civil disobedience and questioning authority.

If not for this refusal to go along with the loudest voices, we would not be a nation today. It worked for our very liberal and traitorous liberals during revolutionary times and it still works today.
Civil disobedience has its proper place and time. I support it. Disobedience for the sake of disobedience is counter productive. Quite frankly it just pisses people off.

Forum List

Back