What are the highest paying jobs in America

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Top 15 highest paying jobs in America + average salary earned

I think this is pretty accurate. Apart from celebrities such as actors, athletes and musicians, the highest paying jobs are those in the medical field and those who have manager roles.

Do any jobs earn a higher average salary than someone like a brain surgeon?
art01.gif

Interesting though I suspect they are all trending down. I have a surgeon in the family and he has experienced relentless pressure on his billings.

• Banned
Interesting though I suspect they are all trending down. I have a surgeon in the family and he has experienced relentless pressure on his billings.
yeah they have lots of expenses

Politicians

Not where I live. State representatives, State Senators, city councilmen, mayors, county commissioners, school board members and stuff like that get paid jack squat. I'm not even sure why people run.

How much do they get paid in your area? County commissioners make $11,600 per year. State representatives and state senators make like $20,700 per year but they have to drive back and forth to the capital over a hundred times in a year. Some towns and cities pay their city council members like $1,000 per year. I wouldn't recommend any kid to choose politics as a successful career. If you want to serve the people and ensure the government runs efficiently then politics might be a good field. If you are in it for the money then stop pursuing politics. Politics is a fun game for narcissistic idealist who want to make a difference. It's not a good field to get into. Politicians is not on the list. The pay of the president, US Congressmen and the US Senators might be high but that is a very small sliver of politicians. Must politicians lose boatloads of money and time by serving in a political office. Your area might be different.

Forum List

Back